watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint dempsey

Started by horse1031, November 19, 2011, 11:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

I thought Clint looked awful today.  No defense and was really selfish.  Missed one of our best chances.  We didn't look like scoring today if we would have played forever.  I guess that is par for the course away from home.  At least we got a point

jarv

He is the onlytop class player the US has. When he plays, he always plays 90 minutes. He was poor but first time in ages.

Jack Fulham

Would of usually banked on Clint to put that away today but ah well. I'm happy with a point up in Sunderland. I think the guy just needs a rest, he plays non stop for club and Country.

HatterDon

He's been on a breathtaking run of form the last two months or so. It's over. It never lasts for long anyhow. You had to know that his form was going to take a downturn. The only player who hasn't had an up-and-down 2011 is vanPersie.

I don't think Clint was tired or selfish or anything else. I just think he was piss poor by his own standards. I'll bet he'd tell you that if you saw him in the street on Monday.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ElissonSnygg

Overall he is the most important player we have
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

BalDrick

He's exhausted and, I suspect, part of an unhappy squad.

Read a piece about Pardew yesterday, one of the first things he did at Newcastle was realise the dressing room was run by a clique of three, Harper, Nolan and Barton. Good players all but he got shot of them all and now it's a really happy squad playing really well. I have a feeling Jol is wanting to do the same at our place, suspect Messrs Murphy, Zamora and Johnson are the clique.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

Quote from: BalDrick on November 20, 2011, 09:53:52 AM

Read a piece about Pardew yesterday, one of the first things he did at Newcastle was realise the dressing room was run by a clique of three, Harper, Nolan and Barton. Good players all but he got shot of them all and now it's a really happy squad playing really well. I have a feeling Jol is wanting to do the same at our place, suspect Messrs Murphy, Zamora and Johnson are the clique.
could it also be case of him playing because Jol does not want to make him sub, because he would have another player throwing his toys out the pram?

TonyGilroy

I think Sunderland away was a game where Jol wanted his experienced battle hardened players.

Burt

To be fair to Dempsey, he used to be Mr Inconsistent but had put that all behind him. He has been on good form. So long as this was just a one-off...

LordNelson

I thought both Clint and Duff were "off" yesterday and suspect both tired from their international duties.  If Davies were back, I think that would give us a better ability to rest players like them. 
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Berserker

I think Clint is usually off after international duty, think he just gets tired. I'm always glad when he doesn't have to do it.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on November 20, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

could it also be case of him playing because Jol does not want to make him sub, because he would have another player throwing his toys out the pram?

Is there some form here? Has Dempsey "thrown his toys out of the pram" because he hasn't started in the past? Similarly, do we KNOW that players have "tossed their towy out of the pram" because they haven't started?

I think any player wants to start, if fit, and any player worth his salt thinks he's better than his competition for a place. I'm just sitting here trying to remember the last time a Fulham player was ever quoted on the record complaing that he wasn't being used when he should have been. I'm NOT talking about isolated quotes and 600 square yards of rubbish interpretation.

richie17

this selfishness thing is silly too.  Dembele should've given the ball to Clint last week, and certainly could have yesterday when he shot straight at teh keeper. 

If you watch the replay again the angle wasn't quite there for the pass and DEmpsey had a good angle for the shot.  He was fine doing what he did.

And he's been so important to Fulham these last few years that if anyone can be excused an off day or two it's him.  Should still be first name on the teamsheet.

richie17

I think there's something to that.

LRCN

Quote from: richie17 on November 21, 2011, 09:05:44 AM
this selfishness thing is silly too.  Dembele should've given the ball to Clint last week, and certainly could have yesterday when he shot straight at teh keeper. 

If you watch the replay again the angle wasn't quite there for the pass and DEmpsey had a good angle for the shot.  He was fine doing what he did.

And he's been so important to Fulham these last few years that if anyone can be excused an off day or two it's him.  Should still be first name on the teamsheet.

that's how i saw it, a there was a player between dembele and dempsey so he could't lay it off infront of dembele and it couldnt pass it to dembele because there was a runner making up ground. awful shot but as you say, he's been so good for so long i can give him this one. still gut wrenching though.

TonyGilroy

You look at the Everton, Tottenham and Sunderland games and with slightly better luck/more clinical finishing we win all 3. The difference doesn't make Jol a clown or a genius.

Logically that's a reason for sticking with things as they are or at least not panicking too much.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 21, 2011, 10:36:53 AM

You look at the Everton, Tottenham and Sunderland games and with slightly better luck/more clinical finishing we win all 3. The difference doesn't make Jol a clown or a genius.

Logically that's a reason for sticking with things as they are or at least not panicking too much.

This exactly.

If we had won even one of those games we would be panicking less. As it is, we lost two of them.

We really should have been looking at two draws and a win, but we are looking at a draw and two losses.

HatterDon

It appears that the DDL has an international membership.  082.gif

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on November 21, 2011, 06:41:39 PM

I'm sorry, I'm being stupid. What is the DDL? Can I join?

MJG

Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 21, 2011, 06:49:18 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 21, 2011, 06:41:39 PM

I'm sorry, I'm being stupid. What is the DDL? Can I join?
Dempsey Defence League.

Your job is to pounce on anyone which dares to be negative in anyway towards our US import.