watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Slap £15m Price Tag On Zamora's Head

Started by White Noise, November 20, 2011, 12:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/11/20/bobby-zamora-won-t-leave-fulham-for-less-than-15million-102039-23573925/

Bobby Zamora won't leave Fulham for less than £15million

Nov 20 2011 by Dean Jones, The People

Bobby Zamora

FULHAM are slapping a massive £15million price-tag on Bobby Zamora's head.

The club fear he is going to look for a move away from Craven Cottage this winter and QPR are very keen to sign him.

Hoops boss Neil Warnock will sign a big name striker in January and Zamora is a top target, along with Chelsea's Nicolas Anelka.

Zamora made his full international debut for England in midweek and is contracted to Fulham until 2014.

The club have decided his value is the highest it has ever been and are set to price him out of any ­potential move. Zamora signed a four-year deal just last year and his agreement runs until 2014.

QPR are unlikely to bid as high as £15m to land Zamora, although the sale of midfielder Adel Taarabt to Paris Saint Germain in January could boost the transfer kitty.

It may mean they revert back to the possibility of landing Anelka – who is out of contract next summer – and also opens up theoption that they will move for Fulham's other forward, Andrew Johnson.

Johnson is at the centre of his own contract ­negotiation stand-off and is being hunted by clubs in America's MLS.

Jermain Defoe is ­another man being considered by QPR ahead of the January window and would cost around £10m.

ScalleysDad

Quite possibly the busiest thread of the coming day. Last season I would have said not a chance at any point but in whatever system/game plan this is that we ae supposed to be nurturing I'm not so sure .................

manxman

Why is it always QPR linked with our players!? *%*&^
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Mr Fulham

ImperialWhite

Perhaps this is sacrilege but isn't Zamora overvalued at £15m?

He's 30, after all, and is peak if not post-peak. £15m spent on somebody (or perhaps £5-7m each on a couple) in their early 20s might be a massively profitable venture for us (both on the field, and financially).

BalDrick

Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 20, 2011, 09:28:29 AM

He's 30, after all, and is peak if not post-peak. £15m spent on somebody (or perhaps £5-7m each on a couple) in their early 20s might be a massively profitable venture for us (both on the field, and financially).

He will certainly never be worth more, that's for sure.

Something is rotten at the club I get the feeling, we haven't had this level of media speculation about players wanting out for ages, possibly forever. I get the feeling this is not a happy ship at the moment, I really do.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

Quote from: BalDrick on November 20, 2011, 09:50:37 AM

He will certainly never be worth more, that's for sure.

Something is rotten at the club I get the feeling, we haven't had this level of media speculation about players wanting out for ages, possibly forever. I get the feeling this is not a happy ship at the moment, I really do.

I know what you mean, but pessimism could quickly turn to optimism with a good run (it did last season).

All pettiness aside, this bad feeling can't all be Jol, can it? He's not an idiot, he's been in the game long enough to know how to manage a dressing room surely.

TonyGilroy

The more we talk about bad feeling the more we believe it. I've no idea how much truth there may be but I don't see any lack of effort by any of the players or objective on field evidence of this unhappiness.

Zamora has always been accused of being angry and Murphy demands high standards of himself and team mates.

Yesterday was a hard fought away draw in the far north and was a match we could have won or lost.

We're unhappy because we're 16th but had we won we'd have been 11th. Very tight margins. We're rightly concerned that we've got a run of tough matches coming but we haven't lost them yet.

BalDrick

'We're unhappy because we're 16th'

To be honest Tony I'm not that bothered (yet) by our league position, what I am bothered by is how poor we are. It wasn't that long ago we played Sunderland at the end of last season and romped to a 3-0 win, yet yesterday we were a shadow of our former selves. Sunderland, to be frank, were rubbish but we made them look pretty good, albeit it would have been a travesty had either team taken all 3 points (equally we've been on the end of a few travesties lately so it could perhaps be argued we were the more worthy of the 3 points, but not through anything we did on the pitch).

I don't know if you read yesterday's piece on Pardew in the Guardian (good read, probably still available online I imagine) but one of the first things he did at Newcastle was notice the dressing room was run by a clique of Harper (which surprised me), Nolan and Barton (neither of whom did), and good players though all three are, he got shot of them all, and now look - a happy squad playing some good stuff and, most importantly, picking up points. I have a feeling Jol has discovered a clique in the Fulham dressing room and he means to move some or all of them on. Trouble is, we really aren't going to have enough points come January to make wholesale changes.

TonyGilroy

I didn't think Sunderland were that poor and frankly are the sort of team we ought to be matching.

That Pardew found problems in the Newcastle dressing room can't have been a surprise to him but doesn't mean that Jol has found the same.

SP3

Agree completely. Still good and sometimes very good but I think we've seen the best of him and I'd take 10-12mill in a heartbeat.

Mr Fulham

dancrawford

Quote from: BalDrick on November 20, 2011, 10:40:11 AM

I don't know if you read yesterday's piece on Pardew in the Guardian (good read, probably still available online I imagine) but one of the first things he did at Newcastle was notice the dressing room was run by a clique of Harper (which surprised me), Nolan and Barton (neither of whom did), and good players though all three are, he got shot of them all, and now look - a happy squad playing some good stuff and, most importantly, picking up points. I have a feeling Jol has discovered a clique in the Fulham dressing room and he means to move some or all of them on. Trouble is, we really aren't going to have enough points come January to make wholesale changes.

The article to which BalDrick refers can be found here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/18/alan-pardew-newcastle-united?newsfeed=true

BalDrick

Quote from: dancrawford on November 20, 2011, 12:10:50 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on November 20, 2011, 10:40:11 AM

The article to which BalDrick refers can be found here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/18/alan-pardew-newcastle-united?newsfeed=true

Thanks Dan - really good piece on someone I've always rated (god Aussies just lost another wicket!), been telling anyone who'll listen for years he should take the job at FFC. Did they listen? Err, no

Burt

Burt

£15m for a 30 year old erratic striker seems a lot.

Looks like he will be staying here after all.

I am fine with that... Can't really afford to lose any front men at the moment.

cebu

It looks like the price tag is just to scare off any would-be suitors. I can't see Fulham letting him go in the middle of the season in any case.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

as long as we have better players coming in to replace the ones going I don't mind who leaves to be honest,it's all about improving the team :clap_hands:

jarv

I am with Mr. Baldrick on this. It is more about the way Fulham is playing. If you line up 4-5-1,(we had so many behind the ball, could be accused of parking the bus at times) you MUST have some pace.
Have you seen a slower team in the Prem. when breaking out of defence? I like AJ's performances this season. At least he still has some pace and seemed to rattle a few cages when he came on.
First half, the players just didn't look confident, treated the bal like a hot potato.
BZ, on yesterday's performance? 15k, bite the hand off whoever might offer that kind of money.

FatFreddysCat

I still reckon £7 million would be a great price for getting rid of a player  who i suspectis creating disharmony amongst the ranks.