watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Current team injuries

Started by RidgeRider, November 20, 2011, 02:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

We have a few players who are out right now due to injuries.

Does anyone know the status of Simon Davies and Stephen Kelly? Meaning how long are they out?

Grygera appears to be out for the season. Is this still the case or too soon until the knee guy in Colorado checks him out? I'm assuming this is a bad injury with a long recovery period.

twang

And how about Orlando Sá? Not fully fit yet I guess as he was not on the bench yesterday.

RidgeRider

Good point, forgot about him. Based on a post yesterday it appears Briggs was just getting back from an injury as well.

ScalleysDad

Gygera is out for the duration and as has been said on here before that might be it for his Fulham career. The cruciate ligament is a complex thing so add a few weeks recuperation to a standard six months out and that takes us to next season. I doubt his one year contract will be renewed.
Sa had a 'proper' hamstring twinge. He could barely walk off or around the pitch so that will be a while yet and then of course there is the match fitness thing. Mind you based on the BZ movement yesterday who's to say.
We seem to be a bit prone to knocks and injury these days but hopefully things will settle. Briggs has to get back in the game, literally, otherwise he might be a surprise exit.
The team, and indeed the faithful, need a lift so I would focus on getting Digger back. A rather inept defender brought the house down on his return to the first team so Digger coming on should give us all a lift. Mind you another thirty something. If Digger does make it back into the first team ahead of Kassami he will be really miffed and that would really put the Jol Youth Revolution into perspective. Double edged sword really.

ImperialWhite

Apart from being a genius, Roy Hodgson was also a lucky, lucky bastard.

Zamora was basically our only major injury 09/10 wasn't he? Granted, it cost us a better chance of winning the Europa, but a team keeping largely injury free was what got us there in the first place.

MJG

Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 20, 2011, 04:53:22 PM
Apart from being a genius, Roy Hodgson was also a lucky, lucky bastard.

Zamora was basically our only major injury 09/10 wasn't he? Granted, it cost us a better chance of winning the Europa, but a team keeping largely injury free was what got us there in the first place.
partly luck but also training methods and tactics that did not involve tackling unless it was the last resort.