watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good To See Alex Kacaniklic Included Yesterday

Started by White Noise, November 20, 2011, 05:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Has been putting in some good performances for the ressies and, having now turned 20, he must be worth a try this season.

When he joined with Lauri Dalla Valle he was supposed to be the less exciting prospect but I wonder if he might be about to overtake Lauri?

MJG

Seen him and couple of times in the reserves and seems to be involved in a lot of the goals.
Has once and is very much a knock the ball past and run on type winger. Unlike Frei who has better dribbling ability.
They might not be up to it but how much more pace and directness we would have if we could get both of  them on at an away game for even the last 15 minutes.

ScalleysDad

I fear the upcoming fixtures and the dropped points thus far means experimenting/fine tuning/having no idea has to stop. However the point about introducing some pace is very valid on the basis that we do not currently have any and it is killing us. Thus whats to lose. The performances of late, post Citeh second half anyway, have been a dirge. (QPR will never play that way again). I really do think the fans will embrace a group of young guns running their socks off even if the results become even harder to bear. ............................... alright then I would.........

MJG

The players are bored  and the fans are.
When u saw yesterdays line up you knew pretty much what that front six can do or usually do away from home. Etuhu will sit, Murphy will play a couple of great balls, Duff will work the line and it may work or not, Dempsey also will work hard but look fecked, Dembele will run in circles but is doing it less and less and Bobby will either turn up or not.
As the home manager how much homework do you need to do against us?

ScalleysDad

The early Europa games, though farcical at times, and the beginning of the Prem had an air of anticipation about them. Gecov, Kassami and latterly Gygera, Sa, Ruiz and Riise lifted the expectation even more. Some of the players we were linked with but ultimately failed to nail in time at least made things look good for January. Jol had a little black book and was'nt afraid to use it. Chelsea in the Carling was a great game and we had pace, no fear bordering on cocky and my season ticket was going to be money well spent. Where did all that go.......

Burt

As per another thread it may be interesting to do this away from home as we have a group of established players at the moment who are used to not winning.

ScalleysDad

Running out of options now though are'nt we. West Brom at home on a wednesday in February could be a defining moment for us, how ironic, unless something bordering on the drastic happens soon. On the promise that I would'nt bleat about the score I'd put at least four of the young guns in for the Bolton game. Certainly any of the four for Duff at the moment, BZ is'nt earning a slot, Briggs for Riise and even Demps looks like he might be comfortable on the bench.

finnster01

He did a fantastic job collecting splints in the arse on the bench like the rest of them. We are allowed to use subs a tad earlier
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr Fulham

Quote from: MJG on November 20, 2011, 08:42:23 PM
The players are bored  and the fans are.
When u saw yesterdays line up you knew pretty much what that front six can do or usually do away from home. Etuhu will sit, Murphy will play a couple of great balls, Duff will work the line and it may work or not, Dempsey also will work hard but look fecked, Dembele will run in circles but is doing it less and less and Bobby will either turn up or not.
As the home manager how much homework do you need to do against us?

That is the most important thing currently. You're absolutely spot on here!

We need a breath of fresh air. Or a couple of 'em.

LRCN

i think it's too easy to say 'we need young players/fresh players/etc'

as for kacaniklic, ive seen him a few times, he's a good player, a very, very good championship player but at most a squad player for a bottom 3 club. bit rich me saying that when we're 16th but i dont he's good enough to make the step up, i'd rather see time given to kasami or frei if we're going for a wide man.

MJG

Quote from: Lork on November 21, 2011, 10:08:51 AM

as for kacaniklic, ive seen him a few times, he's a good player, a very, very good championship player but at most a squad player for a bottom 3 club. bit rich me saying that when we're 16th but i dont he's good enough to make the step up, i'd rather see time given to kasami or frei if we're going for a wide man.
I would not disagree with any of that, but he has been doing it in the reserves and whats the harm in giving him 15 mins. We are way too protective of youngsters at this club, some players who you think will make it don't and others who work hard, rise to the challenge of the first team.
Who was the player we kept till he was 23 and kept giving him a new contract and he played what 1 game?

Airfix

Quote from: White Noise on November 20, 2011, 05:26:52 PM
Has been putting in some good performances for the ressies and, having now turned 20, he must be worth a try this season.

When he joined with Lauri Dalla Valle he was supposed to be the less exciting prospect but I wonder if he might be about to overtake Lauri?

Similar thing happened with Aaron Hughes and Stephen Davis, didn't it?  We were all excited about Davis but Hughes has been the longer term benefit.

Scrumpy

Quote from: MJG on November 21, 2011, 10:48:44 AM
Quote from: Lork on November 21, 2011, 10:08:51 AM

I would not disagree with any of that, but he has been doing it in the reserves and whats the harm in giving him 15 mins. We are way too protective of youngsters at this club, some players who you think will make it don't and others who work hard, rise to the challenge of the first team.
Who was the player we kept till he was 23 and kept giving him a new contract and he played what 1 game?

Michael Timlin? Currently playing for Southend. Pratley at Bolton? Leacock at Derby (I think)? There's been a few that haven't quite made it.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ScalleysDad

All good points but needs must these days. Personally if Jol put a couple of youngsters or Kassami or Gecov or Ruiz on from the start at The Emirates I would lead a standing ovation of one. Its just getting so tiresome these days.