more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol's View....

Started by mrska, November 26, 2011, 08:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

Fulham FC Official
Martin Jol: An away game against Arsenal is always a tough game and I think a draw is a satisfying result for us. I said to my boys before the game I felt that we could do something today. You have to work hard against Arsenal because they've got a winning mentality. When you look at their form over the last five or six weeks then it's a pleasing result. We've had reasonable results away from home recently against Wigan, Sunderland and now Arsenal.
The former Tottenham manager also insisted star striker Moussa Dembele wants to stay at Craven Cottage as the Belgian turned in a man of the match performance which may have caught the eye of clubs around Europe.

He added: "If you go away from home and one of your players is man of the match it tells you a lot. He is a gifted player. He's happy with us. He has great quality on the ball. He has to be more efficient and he knows it. But he showed against a team as good as Arsenal what a player he is

mrska

'I shed to my boysh'

Bring on Liverpool!

os5889

We're winning at home, we're winning at home, its been so long since we've been winning at home!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I think the team is getting Jol's tactic's now-and the mid-field as a unit played a blinder :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

fulhamben

so against spurs and everton do you think he told the lads you wont get anything today. i for one hope he tells them we can get something from every game we play. wheter he means it or not :032:
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mrska

Arsenal 1-1 Fulham

FULHAM survived a furious late onslaught to take a rare point at Arsenal – but how close they came to going one better.

The Whites are still searching for a first away win against the Gunners after almost 100 years of trying and thought they had finally cracked the enigma code with eight minutes to play.

But then Thomas Vermaelen – whose 65th minute own goal had raised hopes of a famous win – made amends for his earlier error by heading in a deep cross from Theo Walcott.

Given the relentless pressure that goal brought on in the final minutes, it has to been seen as a good point in the end for Martin Jol's men.

A scruffy own goal it may have been which put Fulham ahead, but none of the 3,000 who travelled up from west London will care too much about that.

Danny Murphy played a delicate chip forward that John Arne Riise raced on to, but before the defender could get his shot away, Vermaelen obligingly stepped in to beat his own keeper.

If the key to hopes of an historic first win at the Emirates was keeping the on-fire Robin Van Persie quiet, then the moment Fulham must have believed this was to be their day was when the Dutchman – scoring a goal a game at the moment – headed a corner goalwards which Mark Schwarzer somehow kept out with an instinctive dive to his left.

But equally vital was a goal-line clearance made by Chris Baird before the Fulham goal to deny Van Persie, who cut inside two defender to drill low past Schwarzer.

Fulham, always well organised, survived a couple of scary moments in the first half, but were never cut to ribbons, in spite of the home side's anticipated monopoly of possession.

Schwarzer made a wonderful one-handed save to keep out an Aaron Ramsey toe-poke early on, but would have had little chance had the young Gunner not skied the chance of the half from inside the box.

It came after Walcott had fired the after-burners to give Riise and Murphy the slip in one electrifying movement.

But Jol's men were given plenty of reason to believe they could lay claim to an historic win – Bobby Zamora turning Per Mertesacker to fire over from just outside the box and Moussa Dembele stinging the palms of Wojciech Szczesny after Murphy had found the Belgian overlapping on the left.

Line-up: Schwarzer; Baird, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise; Ruiz (Kasami 76), Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey: Zamora (Johnson 78), Dembele. Subs not used: Etheridge, Briggs, Frei, Gecov, Hughes.

Attendance: 60,043

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/11/26/fulham-so-close-to-ending-long-wait-for-first-win-at-arsenal-64767-29847469/#ixzz1eqaOkTcf

Burt

We are due a home win... The last couple of results should have seen us with at least 4 points, possibly 6, instead of the 0 we ended up with.

Bring on Liverpool...

Hold on...I am feeling a bit more confident all of a sudden!