watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bruce gone - Confirmed

Started by os5889, November 28, 2011, 08:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Lot of noise about betting being suspendedon twitter and a few people saying he has gone...

Interesting if he has

leonffc

If he hasn't, it won't be long

Mr Fulham

I quite like him and I would take a 30% winning rate at the moment, to be honest.

Berserker

God according to the Telegraph Sunderland are after Mark Hughes!! It did say that Steve Bruce has had to deal with having to sign 11 new players in his squad since the summer, so to be honest sounds abit unfair if he is to be sacked so early after that.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

os5889

Quote from: Berserker on November 28, 2011, 10:46:08 PM
God according to the Telegraph Sunderland are after Mark Hughes!! It did say that Steve Bruce has had to deal with having to sign 11 new players in his squad since the summer, so to be honest sounds abit unfair if he is to be sacked so early after that.

Ill say it here so not to tarnish other threads, I wouldnt mind Hughes coming back to Wales. Needs a lift after the last few days!

HatterDon

Unless he went to the board last season and demanded that Bent and Jones be transferred out, Bruce does not deserve to hang for the crime perpetrated on Sunderland's supporters. He probably will, though.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Drake44444

I think that entire Gyan thing was a fiasco, considering their record signing did not mesh with Bruce. 

Although they got 6.5 million on a 1 year loan for Gyan, so not a bad way to recoup much of the signing.

Burt

Nothing about this on either Sky Sports News or the BBC.

Burt

Although they do mention the fact that JT has been questioned by police over the Ferdinand racism incident.

richie17

Had to deal with 11 new signings?  Who made them then?

He's Harry Redknapp without the talent.  I just don't know what clubs see in him, other than that he used to play for SAF.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: richie17 on November 29, 2011, 08:20:51 AM
Had to deal with 11 new signings?  Who made them then?

He's Harry Redknapp without the talent.  I just don't know what clubs see in him, other than that he used to play for SAF.

+1

If he was not ex-United, he would never have had a job in the prem.

I really hope Sunderland keep hold of him because if they bring in a new manager, they will move up the table.

I wonder if Hughes sees them as a 'step up'

BalDrick

Pretty average manager at best, for some reason he's been given stacks of money at Sunderland and has done the square root of Fanny Adams with it. Seriously doubt the Mackems would be sad to see him go at all.

They will improve under a new manager though, so here's hoping he's not about to get the boot.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

fulham pete

William Hills and Stan James have opened "Next Permanent Sunderland Manager" markets.

Usual suspects quoted: O'Neill 1/2    Hughes 10/1   Lee Clark  20/1

BalDrick

Quote from: fulham pete on November 29, 2011, 09:27:13 AM
William Hills and Stan James have opened "Next Permanent Sunderland Manager" markets.

Usual suspects quoted: O'Neill 1/2    Hughes 10/1   Lee Clark  20/1

Ha! Clarkie will never go there!

MJG

Mark McGee and Steve Bruce fall into the category of 'i'll walk out on a club at the drop of a hat' group so if he is sacked could not care less.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on November 29, 2011, 09:28:17 AM

Well, he did play for them!

Although that t-shirt may have put to bed his chance of managing there!

BalDrick

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 29, 2011, 09:34:25 AM

Well, he did play for them!

Although that t-shirt may have put to bed his chance of managing there!

If he wasn't ready to leave Huddersfield for Leicester, you can be damned sure he's not going to for Sunderland. Honestly, that could be 2,000,000/1 and I wouldn't bet on it (except for the sake of a pound perhaps I might).

HatterDon

and this would be because ...
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Quote from: HatterDon on November 29, 2011, 01:22:01 PM

and this would be because ...

He would never be welcomed back on Tyneside!

The Doctor

Usual suspects quoted: O'Neill 1/2    Hughes 10/1   Lee Clark  20/1

Doubt they'd have him back after the "sad Mackem bar stewards" incident that hastened his transfer to us.  Their loss.

Edit for the benefit of HatterDon:  In 1999, Lee Clark was photographed at the FA Cup final (Arsenal v Newcastle Utd) wearing a T-shirt bearing the slogan "Sad Mackem Bastards".  Seeing as he was a Sunderland player at the time, this was rather unfortunate to say the least.  There was a backlash against him and he never played for Sunderland again.  Was great news for us though as we signed him (I'm sure the Bracewell link must have helped) and the rest is history