https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the point of the Carling Cup?

Started by CorkedHat, November 30, 2011, 11:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Liverpool V City

Palace V Cardiff

Championship team in the final, hopefully Cardiff! Result!

The Bronsons

What's the point of any cup? What's the point of the Premier League? What's the point of football?

Beats me, but it's more fun than I'm a Celebrity.

BalDrick

'Palace V Cardiff'

Still think you did the right thing Kean?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

fulhamben

have we become such a european super force that we can turn our noses up at a domestic cup and one of the only things we can only ever really dream of winning. next season when we just have league games and no europe we will all be dieing for a good run in this cup
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cebu

Quote from: fulhamben on December 01, 2011, 10:36:35 AM
have we become such a european super force that we can turn our noses up at a domestic cup and one of the only things we can only ever really dream of winning. next season when we just have league games and no europe we will all be dieing for a good run in this cup

Well said. Obviously you hope Fulham will some day (this season?) win, say, the FA cup, but winning the Carling Cup would be no mean feat.

Burt

Quote from: fulhamben on December 01, 2011, 10:36:35 AM

Well said.

I was too young to see us at Wembley in '75.

And whilst I went to Hamburg, I still want to see the whites at Wembley.

alfie

Quote from: CorkedHat on November 30, 2011, 11:37:34 AM
Blackburn manager Steve Kean admitted he had "forfeited" their Carling Cup quarter-final against Cardiff ahead of crucial league games.

Kean's side are bottom of the Premier League and after his side's 2-0 defeat he said: "We are in a position where we have forfeited going through and having the chance to reach a cup final.

"We have games against sides within touching distance of us in the league.

"We need to treat those games as cup finals."

not sure but i was under the impression that Keane has denied this, i was busy last night but i thought i heard something last night on sky news.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't