https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gignac?

Started by Banjax, November 24, 2011, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 25, 2011, 01:09:29 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 25, 2011, 01:05:54 PM
Gignac would be fantastic for us, I think. He's young, and I could well see Gignac replicating his form from his glory days at Toulouse (a club with a similar style to us in a few respects).

The big problem would be the cost - he'd be at least €10million to buy. Would OM want a loan? It sounds like they want shot of him.

The only worry is that he has had only one really good season, and otherwise has been a bit hit and miss. Potential to be a flash in the pan player.

I see what you mean, but I think that might be a little harsh - I think you could make the case that he's had three decent seasons prior to this one (25/43, 11/35 and 12/37).

Granted, given the price tag and wages Gignac might be viewed as bit of a risk.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 25, 2011, 01:17:15 PM
Gignac would be fantastic for us, I think. He's young, and I could well see Gignac replicating his form from his glory days at Toulouse (a club with a similar style to us in a few respects).

The big problem would be the cost - he'd be at least €10million to buy. Would OM want a loan? It sounds like they want shot of him.

The only worry is that he has had only one really good season, and otherwise has been a bit hit and miss. Potential to be a flash in the pan player.

I see what you mean, but I think that might be a little harsh - I think you could make the case that he's had three decent seasons prior to this one (25/43, 11/35 and 12/37).

Loan with a view to a permanent deal with a set figure at the end of the season?
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

AlFayedsChequebook

I think that is the thing. People always call for a 20 goal a season striker (not realistically going to happen) and spending £10m+ on more of a Zamora style striker may be a bit pointless when we already have Zamora.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 25, 2011, 01:48:18 PM

I think that is the thing. People always call for a 20 goal a season striker (not realistically going to happen) and spending £10m+ on more of a Zamora style striker may be a bit pointless when we already have Zamora.

A Fulham fan calling for a 20 a season striker is an idiot! Only 2 players scored 20 last season (5 the season before that, none at all the season before that).

Buying 'another Zamora' does make sense though. If (and we could debate about about how big an if it is) Gignac does replicate his TFC form, then we have a player who does the same role as Bobby better (perhaps), and who is 5 years younger.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 25, 2011, 02:00:42 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 25, 2011, 01:48:18 PM

A Fulham fan calling for a 20 a season striker is an idiot! Only 2 players scored 20 last season (5 the season before that, none at all the season before that).

Buying 'another Zamora' does make sense though. If (and we could debate about about how big an if it is) Gignac does replicate his TFC form, then we have a player who does the same role as Bobby better (perhaps), and who is 5 years younger.

Depends what kind of team Jol is hoping to build really, we might have a future that lies away from the 'big man up top' strategy that Fulham have employed in recent times.

Fusili

Give Sa a chance! how many games has he started?

+1

MrFantastic

he had to go on a diet in France and if he got fat in france he will get even bigger in England here
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

TWFL

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 25, 2011, 06:37:26 PM
he had to go on a diet in France and if he got fat in france he will get even bigger in England here

That is true. Just look at Riise Sr!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 25, 2011, 06:37:26 PM

His nickname was Andre Pierre Big-Mac.

Opposition fans chanted "Un Big Mac pour Gignac!".

:011:

White Noise

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2066367/Fulham-alert-Andre-Pierre-Gignacs-fall-Marseille.html

Fulham on alert after Gignac's fall-out with Marseille boss Deschamps

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:36 PM on 25th November 2011

Fulham are monitoring Andre-Pierre Gignac's situation as the France striker's frustration grows at Marseille after falling out with boss Didier Deschamps.

Sportsmail revealed that Fulham were on the verge of signing Gignac, 25, on loan on transfer deadline day only for Marseille to pull the plug at the 11th hour.

Andy_M

Got to say I would snap Gignac up! If you can get him fit (i.e. loose a few pounds) he will want to show he can still cut it. Afterall he was the hottest property in French football only a season or 2 ago and the starting French striker! Surely got to be worth a loan deal til the end of the season at least!
@got_maile

ElissonSnygg

A loan this season out, then oppurtunity to buy him after that, if he performs. I say go for it
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

LukeJennings

It's very simple, LOAN HIM IN! What harm can it do? Add on with a look to sign him on at the end of the season, if he bags a few get him onboard, if he turns to maccy d's and doesn't start he's not our problem. end of!
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

AlFayedsChequebook

There are reports in France that he has publicly apologised to Dechamps and Marseille so looks like he might be staying unfortunately.

Andy_M

I though he hated living in Marseille as he's had his house broken in to and it's not just that he's fallen out with Dechamps.

Although it's been reported in the press this morning that Wolfsburg are also interested, but hopefully his meeting with Jol at the end of the summer transfer window puts us in pole position to sign him.
@got_maile