watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

january transfer targets

Started by mike_f, November 30, 2011, 08:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_f

would definitely take adam matthews, celtic right back, and wilfred zaha of palace. two exciting young players.

who's on your wishlist?

MJG

Watching Zaha against Utd, has skill and close control would be worth a punt.

mike_f

Quote from: MJG on November 30, 2011, 08:23:05 PM
definitely worth a shout, although I wouldn't want to stunt the progres of Frei, Kackalinic etc

ElissonSnygg

I think we could need a player with international status,  like Gignac or Amauri.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

mike_f

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on November 30, 2011, 08:30:02 PM
I think we could need a player with international status,  like Gignac or Amauri.
I don't care if players have international status or not, just so long as they do the business!

MJG

Someone with real pace would not go a miss.

Jack Fulham

Gignac and a centre midfielder. We will probably end up signing the rest of FC Twente's team though, we are linked with pretty much all of them.

MJG

Been watching Gibson ( on lookout for Murphy replacement) in the Palace game as think he is on a free at end of the season.
Been doing ok, tidy player nice range of passing if lacking that little bit of quality.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: MJG on November 30, 2011, 09:00:55 PM
Been watching Gibson ( on lookout for Murphy replacement) in the Palace game as think he is on a free at end of the season.
Been doing ok, tidy player nice range of passing if lacking that little bit of quality.

Darron Gibson is a very average player. Would not want to see him here at all, we could get a better player from abroad for a cheaper price.

Andy_M

I'd love to see Gignac, think he is a player of real class who just can't be arsed at Marseille, from reports I've seen seemed very keen to come to us at the end of the summer transfer window after meeting with Jol etc.

I think we need a decent RB to, although I have been more impressed with Kelly in recent weeks I still think this is a weak area at the moment, especially with the increasing use of more attacking players under Jol (i.e. Dempsey, Duff, Dembele all starting).

If we are looking at an extended run in the Europa again (fingers crossed) I think we also need another CM with some quality, perhaps a loan signing from somewhere.

I agree with Zaha as one for the future, not sure he'd be of any benefit to us right now though.
@got_maile

sunburywhite

I would be interested if Ruiz can play at the head of a diamond midfield - a sort of advanced DM
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

BalDrick

Not that we have a vacancy at left back but was quite impressed with Parr for Palace last night. Zaha was okay, not sure he was a lot better than that from what I saw. (Only watched from just before the United penalty till the end of normal time, could not face the sycophantic commentary any longer and retired to bed with a good book.)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 01, 2011, 08:40:28 AM

Darron Gibson is a very average player. Would not want to see him here at all, we could get a better player from abroad for a cheaper price.
i was looking at for a free transfer nothing more because he was mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago. As I said tidy but nothing more than that.
Like a lot of Utd players they work well in their systems but once they move on their career tends to nose dive.

BalDrick

Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2011, 11:54:44 AM

i was looking at for a free transfer nothing more because he was mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago. As I said tidy but nothing more than that.
Like a lot of Utd players they work well in their systems but once they move on their career tends to nose dive.

For me Gibson would be yet another player we wasted money on in the vain hope he'd one day be able to step into the shoes of Murph. See also Greening, Jesus and Saffer, bloke.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on December 01, 2011, 12:29:19 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2011, 11:54:44 AM

For me Gibson would be yet another player we wasted money on in the vain hope he'd one day be able to step into the shoes of Murph. See also Greening, Jesus and Saffer, bloke.

I am not sure either were bought as replacements for Murphy. Greening was as backup/utility player and Dik was more of an Etuhu style player.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: mike_f on November 30, 2011, 08:29:06 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 30, 2011, 08:23:05 PM
definitely worth a shout, although I wouldn't want to stunt the progres of Frei, Kackalinic etc

Zaha is a striker, while Frei and Kacaniklic are definitely midfielders.

I'd go for Gignac, Wout Brama and a fast winger.

woohoo5

I think Niko Krancjar would be good
The result isa fact.The League table is a fact.The rumor that Chelsea are rubbish is a fact.Everything else is opinion

ElissonSnygg

Agree with Mr Fulham. Gignac, Brama and a fast winger
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg