watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Enschede Riots

Started by Gozorich, December 01, 2011, 05:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Well i went towards the Irish pubs about lunch time and saw alot of police so wondered off to see other places. Got to the station about 5 pm and had never seen riot police like that before, decided to get on train before the crowds did. When i got off the train didn't go towards the stadium but to the chip vans in the other direction. I was then surprised to see a train in the distance being followed by police cars. Next our fans were match off the train and under the bridge by the police to the stadium. All of this i was watching in amazement along with Twente fans eating my chips, they were fine to me, and also i had no trouble wandering around the stadium to the shop. I personally think i'm too old  at 50 to be bothered about
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SouthfieldWhite

Just got home, spent the day in Amsterdam and still quite a few Fulham there but all on their best behaviour, as for last night, we stayed right out of town and got a cab to the ground, just as we pulled up, about 600 yards from the pub, all he'll broke loose, loads of Fulham came out the pub, and it all kicked off, we passed loads of police in the cab but seemed like they took forever to arrive, before finally the mounted police showed up, a window got putt through in I think the greek bar, we hung about a bit after the game and seemed like there was still a decent amount of Twenty hooligans about, bumped into a few Fulham with cuts and bruises, but hopefully no one got hurt too bad, from my take, the twenty lot came looking for it

Scrumpy

Managed to avoid any trouble and the Twente fans we met were great guys. But I've heard various accounts and it was definately Twente fans that started any trouble. I heard that young Twente fans are trying to make a name for themselves as 'top firm' in Holland.

The Dutch policeman that I spoke to said that they knew from reports that Fulham fans would be no trouble, but they had to protect us from Twente fans who were out for trouble. Fulham fans were no angels and there's a minority of trouble-makers, but it was Twente fans who would not 'allow' Fulham fans to drink in a couple of Irish bars without confronting them. It was Twente fans who said 'take that flag down or we'll tear it down you English c*nts', and it was Twente fans who set upon a coach load of 'youth' after the game.

The vast majority of Fulham fans travelling away are the same ones that received awards etc for their good behaviour 2 seasons ago. Not much has changed.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Dutch fans do have a reputation for this type of thing,I'm not surprised to be honest

Mitch

Can confirm no fault attributable to Fulham at all. We rocked up about 1pm and there were already a full pub full of Dutch lads. None of them drinking, all staring at the Fulham pub, must have been a fair few hundred of them. They didn't come out in that number so early on a weekday for nothing. They've recently done over PSV and are trying to make a name for themselves.

SHADY1

Thanks for the reports from those ACTUALLY THERE sums up the situation pretty accurately IT'S a shame the same little group of our fans always like to post the worst they HEAR about before gathering the facts.. I dislike fans like them as much as they dislike those they slag off.... I don't condone people who abuse innocent people and agree some get so smashed they don't know whats going on but they are young and experiencing these things many for the 1st time but they are Fulham fans and every club has a group like this we are lucky how small ours is...

SW if you'd looked closer you'd have seen me duck something just missed my head as the window crashed through...

I'm still out here .. only saw a handful of FFC fans still here there are so many bars its almost too big... I'm off to Ajax hopefully later to experience a Dutch game at the Amsterdam Areana ....I'll wear Fulham colours hopefully nothing will be thrown at me..

Oh yeh Happy belated scrumpy good seeing you in the ground....
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Mitch

Didn't see any Fulham in Amsterdam after the game, so many options so widespread. A lot were on my flight back last night to Gatwick. Flight 55 mins - Passport control, 1 hr.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Mitch on December 03, 2011, 10:11:55 AM
Didn't see any Fulham in Amsterdam after the game, so many options so widespread. A lot were on my flight back last night to Gatwick. Flight 55 mins - Passport control, 1 hr.

You still made a wise choice.

Coach: passport control - 30 seconds. Travel - 14 hours.

My back, it's still in so much pain!

epsomraver

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 03, 2011, 10:14:36 AM

You still made a wise choice.

Coach: passport control - 30 seconds. Travel - 14 hours.

My back, it's still in so much pain!

Worth though to watch live such an enthralling match! 086.gif

The Doctor

That was painful wasn't it?  20 desks, only three open.  And a good few managers poncing around doing nothing.  Welcome home?  Wish I'd stayed out there

Mitch

It's even more annoying when the brains of the operation has to turn up and suggest they open a few more desks and get the non-EU guy to check a few as well. He probably earns top whack to suggest the obvious like that.
I couldn't have done the coach, but then again, I won't get the coach to the midlands, let alone Holland.
The train back to Amsterdam was horrible. Absolutely hanging and it took forever.

White Noise

From Dutch paper -

Five supporters Thursday in Enschede around the game against Fulham FC Twente picked up. A supporter of Fulham was arrested for sedition, four supporters of FC among others were arrested for robbery, sedition and committing violence against others, including policemen, police said.

About thirteen hundred supporters attended the Fulham match in Enschede. The police says that given the large numbers of supporters who had come to Enschede the day and evening were conducted fairly quiet.

However, there were just before the duel disturbances and vandalism near the stadium of FC Twente. Police also had midafternoon sets of fans at the Old Market divorce. The same happened around 17.30 am when in the lobby of a theater furniture were destroyed and windows of a bar or restaurant at the Coliseum were killed.

White Noise

From TIFF -

the truth -- chinners bondage trousers, Friday, December 02, 04:15:23pm (cpc2-nmal8-0-0-cust749.croy.cable.virginmedia.com/82.43.194.238)

I have been speaking to a few of our rag tag fulham supporting army who have staggered home the worse for wear....By all accounts it did kick off big time before the game so much so that if it had happened in England it would have made the news....Contray to earlier reports it wasnt the fulham yoof who started....The older fulham lot were in a bar when a mob of dutch hooligans entered and told them to take there fulham flag down or they would rip it down....needless to say the fulham flag wasnt taken down ...and it kicked glasses,tables,chairs the lot flying in all directions..fulham chased the dutch lot out of the bar into the street where the FC Twente mob called up re-inforcements from another pub....fulham were now heavily outnumbered but stood their ground....luckily 2 coach loads of fulham youngsters turned up saw what was going on and steamed to help out.....it took about 10 minutes for the riot police to turn up and sort it out........No arrests, a fair bit of damage and a few bumps and bruises on either side.....Apparently FC Twente fancy themselves a the new big hooligan firm in Holland and previously had a go at Spurs and Arsenal with mixed results....apparently there hooligan element were surprised by how game fulham were.......These are the facts guys so lets here no more of this nonsense of trying to blame the so called fulham yooth for everything...

Gozorich

Quote from: SHADY1 on December 03, 2011, 09:58:02 AM
Thanks for the reports from those ACTUALLY THERE sums up the situation pretty accurately IT'S a shame the same little group of our fans always like to post the worst they HEAR about before gathering the facts.. I dislike fans like them as much as they dislike those they slag off.... I don't condone people who abuse innocent people and agree some get so smashed they don't know whats going on but they are young and experiencing these things many for the 1st time but they are Fulham fans and every club has a group like this we are lucky how small ours is...

SW if you'd looked closer you'd have seen me duck something just missed my head as the window crashed through...

I'm still out here .. only saw a handful of FFC fans still here there are so many bars its almost too big... I'm off to Ajax hopefully later to experience a Dutch game at the Amsterdam Areana ....I'll wear Fulham colours hopefully nothing will be thrown at me..

Oh yeh Happy belated scrumpy good seeing you in the ground....

Are you referring to me? I received first hand reports from my son and passed them on. I resent being labelled as a rumour monger... or worse. If you did mean me then an apology is due. :dft007:

Mitch

There wasn't definitey a little charge at the station; we were then kettled up onto the platform and onto the train.
The Dutch I met in general were knobs, giving it the big one after the game. Provocative gits.

SHADY1

That Tiff reports funny and mostly a load of bull....

Even funnier me having to apologise for stateing facts because i was there .... maybe your son saw things differently from were he was so i'll forgive you for posting misleading 2nd hand imformation... i'd have thought after reading accounts from those there you are now happy to admit it wasn't Fulham fans smashing up bars but being attacked .... maybe you should now apologize to all those you were happy to wrongly tarnish ... you rumour monger  :hook:
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

SouthfieldWhite

All our travel plans went like clockwork, very few delays or queues, apart from their hooligan element, I found the Dutch, as always very friendly and very helpful, all clubs have their morons, but even clubs like Millwall have decent fans, we came back to Amsterdam and flew home at 9:15 last night, Shady you a correct, thousand of bars and coffee shops, but still good to see quite a few Fulham still there, think it was Andy johnsons brother sitting a few seats in front of me on the flight back, he tried pushing past me onto the plane, but I was having none of it ;-)
Apart from the match which was total shite, still a good trip

Mitch

Great trip; shame about the football - pretty much the story for all of the Euro trips I've ever done.

I currently average one red card for every trip I've ever done.

Still to see us score away in any of this seasons games home or abroad too.

Staying at home from now on.

Logicalman

Can I ask a question of those that were there and avoided problems, Shady1, Berserker, OW, SouthfieldWhite, Scrumpy to name a few. Were you openly wearing your colors? I only ask because, not being there, and reading various accounts from those that were and were not involved in problems, it's just a question that came to mind as to why some were targeted.

Berserker

We didn't put on our colours until at the station going to the match but we'd bought new half and half scarfs especially for the match so Twente fans prob couldn't tell from that, but i would have thought our accents were a give away, although mine's west country and my mates is scottish which might have confused a bit
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.