Main Menu

Back to the good old 4-5-1 days.

Started by MJG, December 01, 2011, 09:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 02, 2011, 12:23:41 PM
So -

We need to be more positive in our tactics

We need forward player(s) who can play in a system of 451 or whatever the latest formation is

After that we can begin to rebuild.

+ players that can slot into position and perform straight away, not in 2 seasons time.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: epsomraver on December 02, 2011, 12:13:52 PM
3) Do you buy the argument that we were dull, uninspired and defensive last night because Jol willed it so? Do you think he just took the view that Twente have a very good home record in terms of not being defeated and that, as we only needed a point to get through, we came within a couple of minutes of it being job done as planned and on to the next one? Yes I do, the commentators last night even picked that Jol seems to have no confidence in our squad to play fast attacking football so he sets them very low achievements, no attacking wing backs, no one up field for set pieces to make the most of a break, A bloke in the pub said to us after the game " do you watch this every week? god help you, it was boring," I just nodded.

Was that the 'Non Curbishley' bloke. I was taking in one of ther streams and it sounded like somebody in the commentary box was knitting. Oh well bring on the reds. Lawro has given us a patronising draw and John Simms has given us a win. At this moment in time I'll settle for effort, shots on
target and renewed hope to take to Swansea. If we play at yesterdays pace against either this forum will go into meltdown.