News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - What do you think about the Euro 2012 draw?

Started by Jimpav, December 02, 2011, 10:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Sorry HD, Michael Read & co. this is a Eurocentric thread, feel free to give us your tuppence worth though!

Quite a tough draw for England. We don't have a great record against Sweden and France, plus Ukraine will be tough at home.

Ireland have got a harsh group but all the best to them.

HatterDon

England will confound all expectations and NOT win EURO 2012.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Oops .................................I thought it was one of the easiest ..lucky England   perhaps Group A  may have been the better
Draw
Group A (Warsaw/Wroclaw)
Poland (co-hosts)
Greece
Russia
Czech Republic

Group B (Kharkiv/Lviv)
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

Group C (Gdansk/Poznan)
Spain (holders)
Italy
Republic of Ireland
Croatia

Group D (Kyiv/Donetsk)
Ukraine (co-hosts)
Sweden
France
England

Jimpav

Quote from: HatterDon on December 02, 2011, 10:39:47 PM
England will confound all expectations and NOT win EURO 2012.

You know that, I know that but come June when the temperature nudges 25 degrees, the supermarkets sell out of watery lager and disposable bbqs, the Sun make inappropriate remarks about the French/Germans and the bookies are rolling around in stitches on the floor at HSBC we will forget 46 years of hurt and convince ourselves that beating Ukraine means that we are kings of Europe and the trophy is ours. Until it pisses down with rain, we get knocked out in the round of 16 and the hurtometer winds on another 2 years.

The King

Group B is a bad one. I'd love Germany, the Netherlands and Denmark go to through. Maybe I can do a deal with Platini so that only Croatia advances from group C?

Pata

Group A is pretty weak.
Must say I am not particularly happy about having to watch England in Kiev; however, hopefully I can swap a couple of the tix for Denmark-Germany in Lviv, which should be a cracker.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

ImperialWhite

This is a tough group. The reward for topping the group is playing Italy - doh!
-France; in our last five games with them we've lost 4 and drawn 1.
-Sweden; they're famously our bogey team.
-Ukraine; second weakest team in the comp, but they're at home and we lost to them in the WC2010 quals.

I'm putting money on us losing to France and Les Bleus winning the group.

The Bronsons

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 03, 2011, 08:13:39 PM
-Sweden; they're famously our bogey team.

Yes, alongside Poland, Brazil, Germany, Portugal. Holland, the USA...

At least they beat Belgium though.   086.gif

JohnKovacs

Group B appears to be the Group of Death, the strongest group in my opinion. Group C would be next strongest, followed by Group D, then Group A. Greece is the Wildcard in my opinion, capable of making a deep run in the competition. Croatia may also be a surprise.

I can't wait until next summer.

cebu

The group of death isn't as bad for Germany as some think here. Portugal doesn't have a good track record against Germany and Holland's track record is downright dire. I'm sure Germany will win the group without too much hassle. Germany avoided Italy, which IS their bogey team.

JohnKovacs

Quote from: cebu on December 04, 2011, 01:09:19 AM
The group of death isn't as bad for Germany as some think here. Portugal doesn't have a good track record against Germany and Holland's track record is downright dire. I'm sure Germany will win the group without too much hassle. Germany avoided Italy, which IS their bogey team.

Probably Germany and Holland going through in that group.