Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (03/112/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 03, 2011, 08:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ruiz - Goals will come
Costa Rican striker vows to provide cutting edge for Cottagers

Bryan Ruiz: Confident he can be a regular source of goals in the Premier League

Bryan Ruiz claims to be happy with the start he has made at Fulham and is confident he can be the regular goal-getter they crave.

The Cottagers spent big on the Costa Rica international over the summer, with a sizeable fee required to lure him away from FC Twente and keep him out of the clutches of a Premier League rival.

Ruiz arrived in England with a prolific scoring record from his time in Holland and Fulham were hoping to see him carry on in that vein at Craven Cottage.

The 26-year-old has found the target just once so far, with seven of his nine appearances having come off the bench.

Ruiz is looking to hold down a starting berth in the near future and has vowed to recapture the form that made him a fans' favourite at Twente.

Process

"I was not frustrated by my start at Fulham but of course I would like it to have been better," he said.

"It is a process I have to follow with Fulham in the Premier League and I am feeling very good. I feel strong and hopefully I will get more minutes.

"I think I can help provide goals. All the players will do our best and do better in the team.

"I think we have good quality up front. We have many good players that can score and create chances.

"We have to improve that because I know we can do much better. Personally, I will try to do my best as I know my team-mates will do too."

Tough

Having been forced to sit out a midweek Europa League clash with former employers Twente, Ruiz's next opportunity to impress will come in Monday's Premier League meeting with Liverpool and the South American claims he is ready and raring to go if selected by Martin Jol.
"It was really nice to play against Arsenal [last weekend] and I am fit to play on Monday," he said.

"The team did well and I felt very good so I enjoyed it.

"Liverpool is a good team and it is a tough game, but we have to try and win against everyone at home.

"It was a shame to lose against Twente, but that is football. Fulham didn't play the best match and Twente, you could say, deserved to win the match more."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7347549/?

WhiteJC

Fulham    v    Liverpool
Barclays Premier League
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Monday, 5 December Kick-off: 2000 GMT Coverage: Watch live on Sky Sports 1; live commentary on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; live text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

Fulham captain Danny Murphy was also a distinguished Liverpool midfielder

TEAM NEWS
Fulham's Republic of Ireland winger Damien Duff looks doubtful for the visit of Liverpool after suffering a recurrence of an old calf injury.

But forward Mousa Dembele could be fit and Clint Dempsey should return from a thigh complaint, while Bryan Ruiz is available for selection again.

Liverpool's Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva has a season-ending cruciate ligament problem in his left knee.

With Steven Gerrard still out injured, Jay Spearing may replace him.

MATCH PREVIEW
Eleven months after he returned to the club as manager following a 20-year absence, Anfield idol Kenny Dalglish is still thrilling Liverpool supporters with his canny guidance of their beloved club.

The stifling fear and numbing caution that briefly enveloped it under former boss Roy Hodgson has disappeared amid a tornado of positivity and energetic forward-thinking, both metaphorically and literally.

It's going to be a tough game...but we're at home and we have to try and win against every team, no matter who they are
Fulham forward Bryan Luiz

The Reds would be sitting pretty in the Champions League spots but for some inspired goalkeeping at Anfield of late, where five of their seven Premier League home games have been drawn. It's surely a matter of time before the searing form of Luis Suarez is properly rewarded.

Fulham are yet to really get going under former Tottenham boss Martin Jol. Just two wins so far this season testify to that, though the Cottagers did come away from Arsenal's Emirates Stadium with a 1-1 draw last weekend and have a stable squad packed with experienced players such as Danny Murphy, Brede Hangeland, Clint Dempsey and Bobby Zamora. Relegation, surely, is not a genuine worry.

After a late FC Twente winner on Thursday, Fulham - the 2010 Europa League finalists - must now win their final group game to guarantee progression to the last 32. Failure to do so may not be a disaster if the extra rest it would afford allows Fulham's Premier League form to seriously pick up next year.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Liverpool beat Fulham 5-2 at Craven Cottage in this fixture last season, Maxi Rodriguez scoring his second hat-trick in three games.
Fulham have failed to score in six of their last eight Premier League games against Liverpool.
In 20 Premier League games between the two clubs (going back to 2001), Fulham have won just three.
Liverpool beat Fulham 10-0 in a League Cup second-round match at Anfield in 1986.
Fulham

Fulham have won just one of their last eight Premier League games at Craven Cottage (W1 D4 L3), a run which started with that 2-5 defeat by Liverpool in May.
This is Fulham's joint-worst record, in terms of points gained, after 13 games. Their 12 to date ranks alongside their total in 2005-2006 and 2007-2008.
Headers account for just 7% of Fulham's goals. That is the lowest percentage in the Premier League.
Liverpool

Liverpool are unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions.
They have allowed their opponents fewer shots on target against them than any other team in the Premier League (44).
Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez averages 8.2 touches per game inside the opposition penalty area, more than any other top-flight player.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15914767.stm?

WhiteJC

Bryan Ruiz confident he can provide Fulham goals

Bryan Ruiz believes he can help provide the goals Fulham have lacked so far this season.

The 26-year-old winger watched from the stands last night as the Cottagers suffered a last-gasp 1-0 Europa League defeat to his former club FC Twente in Holland.

Ruiz was ineligible for the encounter that saw Fulham struggle going forward, which has become a hallmark of their season.

Aside from a 6-0 defeat of QPR, goals have been hard to come by but summer signing Ruiz is confident he can help sway things after a stop-start beginning to life in west London.

"I was not frustrated by my start at Fulham but of course I would like it to have been better," he said.

"It is a process I have to follow with Fulham in the Premier League and I am feeling very good.

"I feel strong and hopefully I will get more minutes.

"I think I can help provide goals. All the players will do our best and do better in the team.

"I think we have good quality up front. We have many good players that can score and create chances.

"We have to improve that because I know we can do much better.

"Personally, I will try to do my best as I know my team-mates will do too."

While not involved last night, Ruiz was a focal point of proceedings as he was honoured before the game kicked-off by the home side.

The Costa Rica international left Twente in the summer and was given a hero's welcome at De Grolsch Veste, where he did a lap of honour after receiving gifts from the club.

"It was really, really nice and very emotional to be on the pitch and say goodbye to the supporters," Ruiz said after the 15-minute fanfare.

"They invited me over a couple of weeks ago.

"I could not say goodbye to them before so it was nice to have the chance.

"I got a good reception and I am very thankful what they have done. For me it was remarkable.

"I have such good memories here and am thankful to them."

He added: "I think Fulham fans [now] know how special my stay in Twente was.

"I spent two years and won the championship, which had never happened here before.

"I won the cup and Super Cup twice so they recognised my job here and I am really thankful."

Ruiz hopes one day to receive such adulation in west London, but first wants to help Fulham get over last night's loss in the upcoming match with Liverpool.

"It was really nice to play against Arsenal [last weekend] and I am fit to play on Monday," he said.

"The team did well and I felt very good so I enjoyed it.

"Liverpool is a good team and it is a tough game, but we have to try and win against everyone at home.

"It was a shame to lose against Twente, but that is football.

"Fulham didn't play the best match and Twente, you could say, deserved to win the match more."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/bryan-ruiz-confident-he-can-provide-fulham-goals-6271252.html?

WhiteJC

United boss backs Fulham youngster to come good

NAS Bashir has backed Fulham's Corey Gameiro to come good after a testing start to his Hayes and Yeading loan spell.

The 18-year-old striker was withdrawn at half-time during his home debut as Hayes and Yeading were thumped 4-0 at home by Newport County on Tuesday night.

But the pacy Australian is making his way back from an injury that has interrupted his progress since he signed a two-year contract with the Cottagers in January.

Bashir says an initial one-month loan spell can help both Gameiro find his feet in English football once again and boost Hayes and Yeading's league position near the bottom of the Blue Square Premier.

"Corey has shown some good signs, but he has come in off the back of a long-term ankle injury," said Bashir. "But we will work with him and hopefully he can be good for us in moving forward.

"He is at a Premier League club and is an Australian youth international. He will add to what we have got and hopefully help us move up the table."
Gameiro's eye-catching form for the Fulham youth team after joining the club in 2010 resulted in him earning promotion to the reserves, but injury has curtailed his promising start. 

Hayes and Yeading travel to Hampton and Richmond Borough in the Middlesex Senior Cup tomorrow for the first part of a knockout double-header as they are back at the Beveree next Saturday for an FA Trophy first round tie.

Though assistant manager Tristan Lewis said earlier this week that the FA Trophy is the priority, Saturday's county cup tie has assumed greater importance after the midweek debacle at home to Newport.

Goalkeeper Carl Pentney may not be risked though after missing the Newport match due to an ankle injury.

Meanwhile, striker Lloyd Owusu has gone back to Barnet after the end of his one-month loan with Hayes and Yeading choosing not to extend the deal before last Thursday's emergency loan deadline.

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-london-sport/hayesandyeading/2011/12/02/united-boss-backs-fulham-youngster-to-come-good-113046-29884327/?

WhiteJC

Fulham v LIVERPOOL: Henderson and Spearing to battle for injured Lucas' starting role

Hammer blow: Lucas had impressed this term

Lucas Leiva has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury so Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has to find a replacement in central midfield for Monday's trip to Fulham.

Summer signing Jordan Henderson and Jay Spearing, who has been a back-up all season, look the most likely contenders.

Captain Steven Gerrard is still sidelined with an ankle infection.

Provisional squad: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez, Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Coates, Shelvey, Coady, Rodriguez, Carroll, Bellamy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2069165/Fulham-v-LIVERPOOL-Jordan-Henderson-Jay-Spearing-battle-injured-Lucas-starting-role.html#ixzz1fSSLnaaR

WhiteJC

Ruiz: I can fire Fulham

Bryan Ruiz believes he can help provide the goals Fulham have lacked so far this season.

The 26-year-old winger watched from the stands as the Cottagers suffered a last-gasp 1-0 Europa League defeat to his former club FC Twente in Holland.

Ruiz was ineligible for the encounter that saw Fulham struggle going forward, which has become a hallmark of their season.

Aside from a 6-0 defeat of QPR, goals have been hard to come by but summer signing Ruiz is confident he can help sway things after a stop-start beginning to life in west London.

"It is a process I have to follow with Fulham in the Premier League and I am feeling very good. I feel strong and hopefully I will get more minutes. I think I can help provide goals. All the players will do our best and do better in the team.

"I think we have good quality up front.

"We have many good players that can score and create chances.

"We have to improve that because I know we can do much better.

"Personally, I will try to do my best as I know my team-mates will do too."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/12/02/Ruiz---I-can-fire-Fulham/gnid-120181/?

WhiteJC

Marc Janko

Another goal conceded in the final 15. Ugh.

And does anyone remember the goal scorer? I sure do. Rich even had a quality piece about him. Oh well...

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/12/02/marc-janko/?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Liverpool: match preview
Read a full match preview of the Premier League game between Fulham and Liverpool at Craven Cottage on Monday Dec 05 2011, kick-off 20:00 GMT.

Monday, December 5
Fulham v Liverpool
Craven Cottage
Kick-off: 20.00 GMT
TV: Live Sky Sports 1

Fulham (Probable, 4-4-2): Schwarzer; Baird, Senderos, Hangelaand, Riise; Ruiz, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey; Zamora, Johnson.
Out: Kelly (groin), Grygera, Davies (both knee).
Tests: Duff (calf), Dembele (leg), Dempsey (thigh).

Liverpool (Probable, 4-4-2): Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Jose Enrique; Maxi, Adam, Spearing, Downing; Kuyt, Suarez. Out: Gerrard (ankle), Lucas (knee).

Referee: Kevin Friend (Matches 7, R0 Y31).

Team News
Damien Duff looks doubtful for Fulham's Monday night game at Craven Cottage.

The Republic of Ireland international was forced off in the first half of their Europa League 1-0 defeat at FC Twente following a recurrence of a calf injury.

Mousa Dembele also limped off but could feature at Craven Cottage, while Clint Dempsey should return from a thigh complaint.

Bryan Ruiz comes back into contention after being cup-tied against former club Twente.

Match Notes
The loss of midfielder Lucas through long-term injury provoked a somewhat hysterical reaction at Anfield.

The Brazilian has developed into an excellent player, but his absence should not derail his team's recent upsurge.

Expect Jay Spearing to rise to prominence as a replacement, while Maxi Rodriguez will look to build on last season's Craven Cottage hat-trick.

Fulham may have to revert to a defensive formation or suffer the consequences of an open contest as they did in their last meeting with the Merseysiders.

Stat of the game: Fulham have yet to concede a penalty – or receive a red card in the Premier League.

Betting: Home 2-1, Away 23-20, Draw 21-10.

Chris Bascombe's prediction: Fulham 1 Liverpool 3.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8925788/Fulham-v-Liverpool-match-preview.html

WhiteJC

Duff big doubt for 'Pool clash

MARTIN Jol last night revealed Damien Duff is set to miss Monday night's Premier League clash with Liverpool after he limped off during Fulham's 1-0 Europa League Group K defeat by FC Twente.

The Cottagers knew three points in Holland would guarantee qualification for the last 32, but left empty-handed after substitute Marc Janko stabbed home from close range late on.

Andrew Johnson was sent off in stoppage time for a second booking, while injuries to Duff and Mousa Dembele compounded a bad evening for the west Londoners. Clint Dempsey missed the trip to Holland with a thigh complaint but could return for Monday's clash, although Jol revealed Duff might not be able to line up against the Reds.

"Duff has (suffered a recurrence) of the old problem with his calf injury that kept him out for two weeks," the Dutchman said.

Meanwhile, Stoke boss Tony Pulis is hoping the draw for the last 32 of the Europa League will deal his side a kinder hand than they received in the group stages.

The Potters last night became the first English side this season to book their passage through to the knockout rounds thanks to a gritty 1-1 draw against Dynamo Kiev.

A Matthew Upson own goal in the first half gave the hosts an uphill task but they dominated the second period and got their reward nine minutes from time from Kenwyne Jones.

Pulis said: "What I'm desperate for is that we get a western European team. The supporters will be delighted if we can draw a team that's close enough to travel to."

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/duff-big-doubt-for-pool-clash-2952650.html?

WhiteJC

FC Twente v Fulham ~ Player Ratings
by LORK on DECEMBER 2, 2011

For 88 minutes it was a poor game which threatened to get become intriguing once in a while but those threats were just empty. Then Fulham managed to impressively disintigrate, firstly by switching off and allowing Janko to steal in at the far post, secondly with Andy Johnson inexplicably getting himself sent off.

How much blame can be attributed to Jol? Well had we stayed at 0-0, as we should have done, we would have been saying job done. And actually, looking at the game, we were relatively comfortable defensively despite all their play. We weren't particuarly making last ditch blocks, and Schwarzer didn't have to stretch himself once and that is no exaggurating. Both sides had two clear chances all game (Janko and De Jong for Twente, AJ and Zamora for us), so analysing the game like that and it would seem that it was a game that deserved a 0-0. However, alot of weight is given to intent in games like that, and we showed nothing in possession, asides from two or three passages of play, that demonstrated an intention of taking the game to Twente. Compare that with how we played against Arsenal, when our passing was progressive, and that makes the game very disappointing. Alot of credit must go to Twente who closed down our back four superbly, and very high up the pitch, so we couldn't really pass out of our half with ease and when we lost the ball we were deep in our half. With a bit more invention, with our midfield dropping deeper or moving more intelligently, we could have perhaps played better.

Schwarzer – 6, wasn't trouble one bit, not a save to make, not a difficult cross to claim. Communicated with defenders well, and had to kick long under pressure fairly frequently; when he did they were long and effective.

Kelly – 5, got burnt by Chadli twice fairly early on, and from then I thought that we were going to be in for a difficult game against him. However, Kelly seemed to pick up the pace of the game... until John came on in the second half and started causing all sorts of trouble down that side. Maybe needed Johnson or Etuhu to help cover a bit more but still, was beaten quite easily. Then he switched off totally for the goal. Disappointing display after what had been a good season so far for him.

Hangeland – 7, had to deal with alot of balls into the box because Twente were struggling to create opportunities and made a load of defensive clearances with his head. Also came across and intercepted well, didn't need to go to ground much because we were never really that desperate. Also seemed like the only Fulham defender interested in playing the ball out of defence. Not sure how much blame can be given to him for the goal, not sure if he should have stopped but not sure if he would have made it, and anyway it was Kelly's ball to deal with.

Hughes – 6, like Hangeland got his head to the ball well from crosses. Maybe could have given Kelly more assistance, but most of his problems were quite far out wide.

Riise – 6, his performance wasn't great but I have sympathy for him. Up until Duff went off we were comfortable down that side but Frei does not cover like Duff does, and so Riise was left isolated. For the goal, the winger had all the time in the world on Riise's side to cross the ball in but Riise had to come across to cover Hangeland who pressed the ball (and when the cross went in you could see how out of position Hangeland was, he and Hughes were in each others areas of the defence). Pitiful going forward though, offered little.

Etuhu – 6.5, again a good showing from Etuhu. The cliched wastefulness in possession wasn't evident, he used the ball well overall when he had it which you can't say for most of the team, and when we were defending he won the ball back often, and covered the defence well. I expect Sidwell will come back into the team when he recovers from injury. and so does Etuhu, but I hope he's gone some way to proving the detractors wrong.

Murphy – 5.5, in a game where we are struggling on the ball and denied space Murphy was always going to struggle. Not to the extent that he was a liability, infact two of our brightest moments came from him with the through ball to AJ and the freekick to Zamora, but asides from that he really couldn't get into the game. He wasn't helped by our shocking movement.

Johnson – 4, I never, ever, ever want to see AJ at right mid ever. He offers us literally nothing. It just doesn't make sense. His awareness of space to take the ball into and his ability to beat a man just doesn't suit it at all. He won't come short, take the ball, pass, move, he'll just push up on the left back. His two best moments came when he found himself upfront; one when Murphy almost found him with a through ball and the second when the ball was palmed out to him and he should have scored from 8 yards. I can't blame him really, and surely Jol must see that. Our best performance of the season came with AJ and Zamora upfront with Dembele on the right. If Jol was worried about being exposed defensively then that doesn't make sense either, since AJ under Roy dropped deep without the ball and protected the midfield and Dembele works really hard and effectively when we defend too. If he wanted a 4-4-1-1 with Dembele up top then play Kasami, just don't play Johnson out there. And then there's the sending off which is so nonsensical I don't really want to write about it. As far as I'm concerned, AJ can go in January.

Duff – 6, kinda involved, saw a fair amount of the ball anyway, before his calf injury reappeared.

Dembele – 6, worked quite hard and sometimes threatened to create. Problem was when he did create space there was no one ahead of him to pass to.

Zamora – 5.5, his layoffs were poor all game and why he didn't run infront of his defender when Frei cut the ball back from the byline I don't know (something that AJ perhaps would have done...). When we struggled to hold the ball we needed Zamora to play well and he didn't.

~Subs~

Frei – 6, if there was one bright point out of the game at Twente it was Frei. He demonstrated why calls for him to start were still very premature, he's naive defensively and his movement off the ball isn't great, but he at least offered us some sort of 'cutting edge'. When he ran at defenders we managed to creat stuff, and if we were more offensive perhaps we could have reaped rewards. I was pleased when he came on for Duff because I thought Frei more than anyone on our bench could give us the outlet we were sorely lacking. A really good sub for now, and as he matures he'll be a very exciting player.

Kasami – N/A, came on late for the injured Dembele, and like Frei showed some offensive enthusiasm at least.

Sa – N/A, a token sub for Zamora. Put the defenders under pressure when closing down at least. Suprised to see him after he played for the reserves but good to see him back. Hopefully he'll play against Odense.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/fc-twente-v-fulham-player-ratings/?

WhiteJC

Woodrow Turns Pro

The Club can confirm that Cauley Woodrow has signed a professional contract that will keep the player at Fulham until June 2014.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/December/WoodrowTurnsPro.aspx?#ixzz1fSUhNP9f

WhiteJC

Manchester City Fixture

Fulham's Barclays Premier League fixture against Manchester City at Eastlands on Saturday 4th February has been selected for televised coverage on ESPN. The fixture will now kick-off at 5:30pm.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/December/ManchesterCityFixture.aspx?#ixzz1fSUvluvY

WhiteJC

Euro Watch

With just one victory standing between Fulham and the knockout stages of the UEFA Europa League for the second time in three seasons, we're asking Whites fans to share their European tour experiences every step of the way.

Having had such a great response to our requests for your photos from our European away trips up to this point, we're now inviting anyone that travelled to Enschede in the Netherlands for the match against FC Twente to send in their pictures from your journey to Holland, hanging out with fellow Fulham fans, or from the match itself.

Please send any pictures you have to [email protected], along with brief captions, and we'll feature the best in the matchday programme for the crunch home match against Odense BK.

The closing date for submissions is Wednesday 7th December at 12pm. We look forward to seeing your snaps!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/December/EuroSnaps.aspx?#ixzz1fSVB0diM

WhiteJC

It`s Not Hughes!

Yesterday we reported on how our former boss, Mark Hughes, was being linked with the vacant post at Sunderland.

Having shown Steve Bruce the door, Hughes perhaps had aspirations of walking back into a top-flight job.

Well it appears that the job has now been filled but it isn`t Hughes who has got the nod.

Instead it looks very much like Sunderland have given Martin O`Neill the chance to resurrect his Premier League managerial career.

I wonder how that`ll go down with the Aston Villa fans he left in the lurch!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=264456#ixzz1fSVQfIsr

WhiteJC

Duff Blow

After the defeat to Twente last night, Martin Jol confirmed that Damien Duff will be sidelined this weekend.

As the pundits suggested, Damien had a recurrence of the calf problem that had affected him recently with Jol confirming,

"Duff has (suffered a recurrence) of the old problem with his calf injury that kept him out for two weeks. He came back and had the same problem."

Unfortunate to say the least!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=264457#ixzz1fSVeNlzk

WhiteJC

Jol on FC Twente Defeat

The manner in which we lost, in Holland last night, was disappointing.

I was one of the thousands that thought we`d done the hard work but to concede that late goal and then see AJ sent off was a bitter pill to swallow.

After the game, Martin Jol had a few words to say about the match, starting with the red card that will rule AJ out of the must-win game against Odense,

"It was probably not what you want. You need all your players, especially Andy, who has scored goals in Europe."

"He did a good job for the team. There was no complaint whatsoever with his attitude."

"It could have been a nice game. They`ve got a good team. They score goals. It would have been only the second time in about 42 games if they hadn`t scored."

"We knew we`d have to win the last game anyway. But the goal was disappointing."

"Somebody slipped and then we speculated on the offside. Normally we are very good at defending crosses."

All eyes are now focused on Odense, apart from when we indulge in the small matter of a Premier League game this weekend against high-flying Liverpool.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=264459#ixzz1fSVrlHrr

WhiteJC

Winger Target?

It looks as if Martin Jol is casting a watchful eye or two on the lower leagues when it comes to adding to our squad.

Having already been linked with the young Bournemouth player, Marc Pugh, we`re now linked with another Football League up and coming star.

The lad in question is Albert Adomah who is currently on the books of Bristol City.

It`s inferred that we could be trying to lure the lad to Craven Cottage this January, but as you`d probably expect, we`re not alone in expressing an apparent interest with manager-less Sunderland also said to be interested.

As Shaw Taylor used to say on Police 5 - keep`em peeled!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=264458#ixzz1fSW6KVWF

WhiteJC

Woodrow signs professional contract
by DAN on DECEMBER 2, 2011

Fulham confirmed this afternoon that teenage striker Cauley Woodrow has signed a professional contract with the club until June 2014.

The striker, who celebrates his seventeenth birthday today, signed for Fulham last March from Luton Town for a six figure fee.

Woodrow, who has represented England at under-17 level, and has impressed as a regular goalscorer for Fulham's under-18 side this season.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/woodrow-signs-professional-contract/?

WhiteJC

Win with Jack Wolfskin

Liverpool will be visiting SW6 this Monday (Kick-Off 8pm) and if you have secured your ticket you could be in with a chance of taking part in the half-time competition that will take place on the turf at Craven Cottage.

Four brand new participants will be positioned in each corner of the pitch with a ball and have one kick to get their ball as close to the centre spot as they can. The closest ball wins!

Entering this competition is easy. If you have a ticket for the Liverpool game, simply visit our Fulham FC Official Facebook page and "like" the status regarding the competition*.

Thanks to our Official Outdoor Equipment Partner Jack Wolfskin, the four lucky fans that have been selected will have the chance to leave the game with some fantastic products. Up for grabs this time is the Jack Wolfskin Beanie, Jack Wolfskin Paw Gloves and Jack Wolfskin Bike and Hike Pack.

So enter the competition today and you could be gracing the Craven Cottage pitch on Monday! Be sure to visit one of the Jack Wolfskin stores in Covent Garden, Regent Street or Westfield if you aren't lucky enough to be the winner this time.

*If you enter this competition, please check your Facebook message inbox at 12:00pm on Monday to see if you have been selected. Please do not enter if you have not got a ticket for the match against Liverpool. Good luck!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/December/WinwithJackWolfskin.aspx?#ixzz1fSWgMLty

WhiteJC

Opta Stats: Liverpool to keep Fulham's misfiring attack quiet

Michael Lintorn has completed his weekly forage through Opta's magnificent stats, using them to pick out some bets for this weekend's Premier League games...

Fulham v Liverpool (Monday, 20:00, Sky Sports 1)
Fulham have failed to score in six of their last eight Premier League games against Liverpool
Having been shut out on Thursday by Twente, Fulham's only goal in their last three outings was a Thomas Vermaelen own goal. That's not the kind of record that you want to take into a clash with a club who you traditionally struggle against, especially when they are in sensational form. Liverpool have conceded just twice in five games, and those blemishes were inflicted by Chelsea and Manchester City.

http://betting.betfair.com/football/opta/opta-stats-liverpool-to-keep-fulhams-misfiring-attack-quie-021211.html?