News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's results have been relatively kind to us...

Started by Burt, December 03, 2011, 05:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Blackburn 4-2 Swansea
Man City 5-1 Norwich
Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea
QPR 1-1 West Brom
Tottenham 3-0 Bolton
Wigan 0-4 Arsenal

cebu

I'm hoping our result on Monday will put a little distance between us and the bottom 3. 

Burt

Currently 15th, 2 points from the drop zone but with our game in hand and a hugely superior goal difference.

When we beat Liverpool we will go 12th.

COYW

Jack Fulham

Quietly optimistic we can beat Liverpool now, Lucas will be a big loss for them.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 03, 2011, 05:19:33 PM
Quietly optimistic we can beat Liverpool now, Lucas will be a big loss for them.

I fear Suarez will put in another world-class performance.

Jimpav

I think Sunderland will win tomorrow but otherwise it doesn't look to bad. Midtable is still within reach also.

Blackburn may have had a change in fortune (or learnt how to keep a lead) but Wigan are surely doomed.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 03, 2011, 05:29:40 PM

We didn't help ourselves by playing a high line against them last season but conceding 3 goals in 15 mins meant we had to push forward. Suarez has looked good this season but he's not exactly been firing them away. I think we will have much more control of the midfield because they don't have Lucas who has been a mainstay in there midfield for the last 3 seasons now.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 03, 2011, 05:33:55 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 03, 2011, 05:29:40 PM

We didn't help ourselves by playing a high line against them last season but conceding 3 goals in 15 mins meant we had to push forward. Suarez has looked good this season but he's not exactly been firing them away. I think we will have much more control of the midfield because they don't have Lucas who has been a mainstay in there midfield for the last 3 seasons now.

One of the examples of Hughes' tactical mistakes. We would get exposed against the better teams because of that high line but on the flip side, he had us beating the teams we should have beaten. His record against the big 4 or 5 was woeful but against everyone else we did great. Hodgson got a results against the big 4 or 5 but we would occasionally get beat by teams we had no business losing to.

I hope Jol watches film of that match and keeps the back four back a bit more than Hughes did.