more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watch a couple of our targets.

Started by MJG, December 03, 2011, 05:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Bristol City v Boro  on Sky now.
Gives people a chance to look at the two city players we have been linked with.
Are they up to it?

MJG

I watch this game last night to 'scout' the two targets we have been linked with Maynard & Adomah.

First off its was not a great game (injury time winner for Boro) but a tidy, midfield dominated game. City play nice football, keep it on the ground pass and move. Two of their players who I liked were Neil Kilkenny in CM and James Wilson at CB.
Anyway back to the two 'targets'. Maynard played as a lone striker and was at best, busy. He played a lot on the last defender looking to turn, but at times also held the ball up well and layed it off. Had a couple of chances first half which were blocked or saved.  A plus point was his movement, he was always looking to find a position to recieve the ball or make the run. I would only give him 6/10 for last night, but I have seen his goals before and he would be a punt, but it all depends on cost. We could get him cheap in January and I would not mind us going for him. At worst he would be the second/third striker for us replacing AJ I think.

Adomah impressed me the most, played most of the game as a right sided AM but did try his luck on the left as well. Movement without the ball was excellent, always looking to give his team an option. He has pace so maybe just seeing a player who can put even a little sprint in wins my vote at the moment. Not much end product (partly because Boro put two men on him everytime) in this game but a constant danger. Like any winger he would frustrate like mad but again possibly a replacement for say Duff.

On the boro side the only player i would be interested in would be Justin Hoyte at RB, who has been around a while but gets into the last third all the time.

As for watching a championship game, the skill level was clearly less but the game flowed, more tackles let go by the ref and it was like a Div 1 game from the 80's.

Conclusion: I would not be unhappy with the two from Bristol ,but not sure I would spend many of millions of pounds on them.