more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gignac injured

Started by ElissonSnygg, December 03, 2011, 11:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElissonSnygg

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1727238.html

France strike André-Pierre Gignac will miss Olympique de Marseille's decisive trip to Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday after being ruled out for the rest of the year with a thigh injury.

André-Pierre Gignac will miss Olympique de Marseille's decisive UEFA Champions League trip to Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday after being ruled out for the rest of the year with a thigh injury.

The 25-year-old striker was a substitute in OM's 2-1 win at SM Caen on Friday but lasted only 13 minutes after suffering what coach Didier Deschamps called "a sharp adductor pain." Scans have confirmed a tear in his left thigh – on which he only underwent surgery in May – ruling the French international out for between four and six weeks.

Marseille lie second in Group F and three points at Dortmund would guarantee a round of 16 place, as would a draw if Olympiacos FC fail to defeat section winners Arsenal FC in Piraeus.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

RidgeRider

well, there goes that signing.......

The Bronsons

Not necessarily, if rest of the year means "until January"...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: The Bronsons on December 04, 2011, 12:38:12 AM

Says 4-6 weeks, so yes, it does.

RidgeRider

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 04, 2011, 12:39:02 AM
Quote from: The Bronsons on December 04, 2011, 12:38:12 AM

Says 4-6 weeks, so yes, it does.

the troubling part for me, and why I wrote what I wrote, was it was a tear of a previous injury, hence my pessimism of him coming to Fulham as he would be risky signing from a health perspective. Course in writing what I just wrote, I think if we got him anyway, our medical staff would have had to be convinced he was fully healed with very little risk of re-injury for a third time. Seems doubtful he would be coming given this news to me still.

Mr Fulham

Why does that ruin the move? Don't see the problem, we don't need him imminently in January. Loan till Summer + buyer's option. Simples.

If Jol is totally convinced by Gignac (and he was last summer!) then the injury can be a good thing for Fulham because it lowers OM's asking price.

MJG

If its an adductor tear then 6 weeks should be the max he is out for( I had one last year and could not play for a month). I would have thought if we had the  medical it would not be a problem...unless it is a previous injury which would worry me.

michaelread

maybe instead of an injury, its an "injury". Conveniently lasting until january, where he can be shipped, without having a REAL injury.

BalDrick

Quote from: michaelread on December 04, 2011, 08:43:22 AM
maybe instead of an injury, its an "injury". Conveniently lasting until january, where he can be shipped, without having a REAL injury.

Yeah that struck me too - were it a player leaving Fulham not joining, we'd all be saying that's what this is all about wouldn't we?

The other thing is, AFAIA, putting a time period on an injury is far from an exact science, and in fact he may return far sooner than that. Equally it might be a lot longer I suppose.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Burt

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I wonder if he will get past our legendary medical examinations.

Was looking forward to this one coming off.

cebu

Quote from: Burt on December 04, 2011, 11:12:16 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I wonder if he will get past our legendary medical examinations.

Was looking forward to this one coming off.

It's only a loan deal, so "MAF's medical" shouldn't stop him from signing.

Matt

Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

RidgeRider

Quote from: michaelread on December 04, 2011, 08:43:22 AM

good point

RidgeRider

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 04, 2011, 01:56:23 AM
Why does that ruin the move? Don't see the problem, we don't need him imminently in January. Loan till Summer + buyer's option. Simples.

If Jol is totally convinced by Gignac (and he was last summer!) then the injury can be a good thing for Fulham because it lowers OM's asking price.

It doesn't ruin it but it HAS to create some pause....not sure what his injury history is however you make a very good point though about lowering asking price if we "buy" rather than do a loan deal. It could scare others off.

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/marseille-chief-reveals-offers-arriving-fulham-spurs-target-gignac-2535751?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page

Marseille chief reveals offers arriving for Fulham, Spurs target Gignac

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Sun, 12/04/2011 - 10:07

Olympique Marseille chief Jose Anigo admits clubs are queuing for Andre-Pierre Gignac.

Fulham, Sunderland and Tottenham have been linked with the centre-forward.

"There is a lot of interest in him. They rate him quite highly abroad. And not only in Germany, but also in England, Turkey and various other countries," Anigo told RMC.

"I'm not surprised that there's plenty of interest in Gignac. Every club is after a good attacker."

Burt

Quote from: Matt on December 04, 2011, 01:39:12 PM
Giles Barnes, anyone?

:005:

Whatever happened to him? He was built up to be the next-best footballer for a generation.