watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Socratès dies

Started by leonffc, December 04, 2011, 11:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Brazilian football philosopher passes away at 57.
Legendary on the pitch. Legendary in the pub.
RIP Socratès

Burt

Sad news...

If my dodgy memory serves me correct, he never won a World Cup? Which would easily make him the best player never to win it.

RIP...

Pata

This cracker against the USSR in 1982
SOCRATES - against soviet union 1982
RIP.
A lot of football deaths this year.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

MOR :

Cracking player who loved a fag...A joy to watch on the football pitch in his prime...

Lighthouse

A cultured player that seemed to fit the term 'Brazilian Footballer' rather well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CorkCity

A legend in my book.

It was one of sport's strangest moments. Socrates, former captain of Brazil's soccer geniuses, arrived yesterday at Garforth Town Football Club to play against Tadcaster Albion.
'It's been so long since I last played I can't remember when it was,' said 50-year-old Socrates. A silky midfield general in his day and the scorer of 22 international goals, Socrates is not quite the figure he used to be. The hair is greyer, the waist more generous.

Nevertheless, he was received rapturously by the 3,000-strong crowd after he left the substitutes bench to make his first appearance in the Northern Counties East League Division One, at the pit of the English league system.

Though there was little sign of his trademark back heel he was happy to have survived the freezing conditions. 'I just hoped my muscles would respond to my brain,' he said. He left the field to a massive ovation after his adopted side's two-all draw with Tadcaster.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

cebu

He was an outstanding player at the 1982 World Cup, where Brazil exited at the hands of Italy in a really memorable thriller.

epsomraver

Yet another one drinks and smokes himself to death