watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dickson Etuhu In 'Club Approved' Outburst

Started by White Noise, December 05, 2011, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-s-Dickson-Etuhu-says-ahead-of-Liverpool-clash-that-difficult-times-are-behind-him-article838977.html

Etuhu: Difficult times are behind me at Fulham

Published 22:26 04/12/11

By Lee West

Dickson Etuhu is enjoying life at Fulham again after enduring a "very difficult time" since Martin Jol took charge.

The 29-year-old has been a regular for the Cottagers since joining from Sunderland three years ago, playing a key role in their run to the 2010 Europa League final.

But Etuhu has been used more as a squad player by Jol this season – until a recent run of starts.

"I've always been happy at the club," he said. "Fulham is a great club and I'm not saying [I am unhappy here].

"The chairman gave me a very good contract and I could easily keep my mouth shut and collect my money, but that's not me.

"I like to play, I enjoy playing with my team-mates. If I'm not, and I'm on the bench, I'll obviously have to look elsewhere.

"But the club has always been good to me, the staff have been great to me and the players have bonded. We've been together so long and we've achieved so much together.

"It's a lovely place, it's my home. I love this club."

Etuhu has been one of the west Londoners' most impressive performers in recent matches and hopes to retain his place against Liverpool tonight.

"Obviously my confidence is up at the moment," he said. "It is nice to get a little run of games.

"I've been at Fulham a long time, I've played a lot of games and it has been a very difficult time for me, but I'm enjoying it now.

"People expect you to play at your best after two or three months, but it does not work like that, it takes a few games. Luckily I've had the chance to see some action and it is helping me."