watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What about giving Orlando Sa a try?

Started by ElissonSnygg, December 05, 2011, 10:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElissonSnygg

We do have problems in front of goal, and I think that Sa have created some good oppurtunities when he have got the chance. Atm we lack of confidence in front of goals and I know it might be wrong to sit Zamora, but he dont show the optimism and enthusiasm as we are looking for. I can see it sparkle in Sa's eyes when he's on the pitch. We need that.

If he is matchready, I say go for it. Atleast against Swansea.

I also say try the young ones.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

BalDrick

Before watching him in the game in which he was injured, I'd have agreed with you completely but I saw nothing that day that would worry a League 1 defence, let alone the Liverpool back line.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

I dont see it him to be honest. Yes he's a willing runner but, no pace again. land it on his head in the box and he might be able to finish. Also every game I have seen him start he runs out of puff by the 60th minute and then seems to get cramp.
I'm not sure what we should expect from him in the long term, but I doubt if its even 5 goals a season.

elgreenio

Zamora was a constant thorn in the side of one of the best defenders in the league last week so there's really no point in changing it. Sa has looked ordinary in the few chances he's had and is nowhere near Zamora's level in his ability to hold up the ball.
touch my camera through the fence

Two Ton Ted

On deadline day I thought Sa was signed as a cheap squad player to pad out a thin forward line and I've seen nothing to the contrary to change my mind.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Burt

I don't think in all honesty there is much there to trouble most premier league defences...

TonyGilroy

At best he might turn out to be a Coney for a Davies but that is at best and we don't have a Davies.

I imagine he's a trier but essentially a waste of a wage packet.

alfie

there's nothing like giving our players a bit of confidence boost is there?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: alfie on December 05, 2011, 12:41:05 PM

He's hardly going to read all this and get upset is he?

Never ever bloody anything ever.

cmg

...well, you've got to be realistic.

In my humble opinion Sa was, for the first hour, the most impressive player on view in the recent reserve match against Chelsea, thereafter he faded away (as did the rest of the team).

The bad news is that his talents do not seem to include a ready eye for goal. We've got quite a few good forwards, but to be worth a place they need to guarantee at least five goals a season on top of their other contributions (that's assuming that we can find one double figure man - or, as TG put it, a Davies (if only)).

It's the old Zamora equation. Less than 5 a season and he's hardly worth a place. 5 to 10 is OK. Getting towards 15 and he's one of the best in the league. Much more than that and he's playing somewhere else. (25+ and he's Zinadine Zidane).

alfie

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on December 05, 2011, 12:53:42 PM

well having worked at the club for a good few years i know for a fact that a lot of players take lot of interest in what supporters have to say and some (not many i know) do look at club sites/message boards, so he may just see it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BalDrick

Quote from: alfie on December 05, 2011, 03:36:11 PM

well having worked at the club for a good few years i know for a fact that a lot of players take lot of interest in what supporters have to say and some (not many i know) do look at club sites/message boards, so he may just see it.

Regardless of whether he reads this or not, we're not going to say anything but what we think. If he wants his arse kissing, suggest he either talks to his mother or starts playing a lot better. He's been a mistake buy and I would hope won't be with us for long, he's - as stated above - a waste of a wage packet.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on December 05, 2011, 03:43:58 PM

Regardless of whether he reads this or not, we're not going to say anything but what we think. If he wants his arse kissing, suggest he either talks to his mother or starts playing a lot better. He's been a mistake buy and I would hope won't be with us for long, he's - as stated above - a waste of a wage packet.

That is unbelievably harsh.

He has barely played and although he did not overly impress so far he is still young and no doubt on small wages. He will get used to the prem and might just yet be a key player.

We all know how dangerous it is writing off a player after a handful of games....

BalDrick

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 05, 2011, 03:49:54 PM

He has barely played and although he did not overly impress so far he is still young and no doubt on small wages. He will get used to the prem and might just yet be a key player.

We all know how dangerous it is writing off a player after a handful of games....

Here's hoping it's the opposite of commentator's curse, a slating from me usually is (see my response on the Charlie Adam piece for instance).

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on December 05, 2011, 03:51:08 PM

Here's hoping it's the opposite of commentator's curse, a slating from me usually is (see my response on the Charlie Adam piece for instance).

I find that commentators curse only really works when I am loudly slating a player at the match. I find 'dont do a short corner/free kick, they never work' usually has a decent outcome.

BalDrick

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 05, 2011, 03:54:02 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on December 05, 2011, 03:51:08 PM

I find that commentators curse only really works when I am loudly slating a player at the match. I find 'dont do a short corner/free kick, they never work' usually has a decent outcome.

Me screaming at the television 'Oh FFS don't let Dempsey take it' fails completely!