watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Problems with scrolling

Started by HatterDon, December 05, 2011, 10:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Recently -- the last month -- I've had trouble with long posts, specifically, once they've gotten past a certain length, I find myself typing in the blind because the visible line won't drop below a certain point. Everything is jumpy. This occurs even if I'm commenting only two or three words to a series of comments that I've quoted.

Where this is especially frustrating is that I've had to do my reports on word and then cut and paste. I like to make my "man of the match" in italics and the winner in bold, but when I try to do that now by highlighting, it highlights from the point I wish all the way back to the end of the "visible" window -- or in my case, instead of italicizing four words, it will force me to italicize about 4 paragraphs.

As I said, this is new -- at least to me.

Help me Obi-wan Etcetera!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Im having real problems with taptalk, they have done two updates and to be honest its fecked it all up.

WhiteJC

Quote from: HatterDon on December 05, 2011, 10:39:28 PM
Recently -- the last month -- I've had trouble with long posts, specifically, once they've gotten past a certain length, I find myself typing in the blind because the visible line won't drop below a certain point. Everything is jumpy. This occurs even if I'm commenting only two or three words to a series of comments that I've quoted.

Where this is especially frustrating is that I've had to do my reports on word and then cut and paste. I like to make my "man of the match" in italics and the winner in bold, but when I try to do that now by highlighting, it highlights from the point I wish all the way back to the end of the "visible" window -- or in my case, instead of italicizing four words, it will force me to italicize about 4 paragraphs.

As I said, this is new -- at least to me.

Help me Obi-wan Etcetera!

Hi HD

can you try a different browser? i.e. if you are using IE, try Google Chrome and let me know what happens?
this could point to what is the problem, i.e. its a browser issue or its Windows?

I'm using a Mac/Safari and get no problems, I'm assuming that you are using Windows and IE (on my 'test' Windows system I don't get any problem!?)
If we can isolate the problem area then we stand a better chance of fixing it  :54:

WhiteJC

Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2011, 10:50:33 PM
Im having real problems with taptalk, they have done two updates and to be honest its fecked it all up.

I've checked and we've got the latest version of TapaTalk running on the site, I'll check the forums and see if there are any 'known' issues

HatterDon

I am using windows IE, but I've been doing so all along, and this has only been happening in the last month or so.

HatterDon

I just tried it with Mozilla Firefox [i only use it for Facebook] and it seems okay; thing is that I think it's a crap browser and I prefer IE.

Oh well!

LBNo11

...HD, I had been using IE up until recently, more out of ignorance of the options to be honest. My colleague at work was amazed that I still used it citing how slow it was - he recommended Google Chrome - I have never looked back...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

WhiteJC

Quote from: HatterDon on December 06, 2011, 10:42:01 PM
I just tried it with Mozilla Firefox [i only use it for Facebook] and it seems okay; thing is that I think it's a crap browser and I prefer IE.

Oh well!

thanks for that HD, I'll try re-configuring my 'test' system to recreate the problem and then report back  065.gif

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 07, 2011, 09:19:00 AM

Oh well!

thanks for that HD, I'll try re-configuring my 'test' system to recreate the problem and then report back  065.gif

thanks, good sir!

For your test Bed, it is this line where the jumping begins. Anything longer than this will drive you crazy.

HatterDon

Quote from: HatterDon on December 12, 2011, 01:22:56 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on December 07, 2011, 09:19:00 AM

Oh well!

thanks, good sir!

For your test Bed, it is this line where the jumping begins. Anything longer than this will drive you crazy.

My computer guy figured out how to fix this. On IE, there's a TOOL category in which there's a "compatibilty view" application that allows IE to play nice with other systems. I just tried it and it fixed the prob. Thanks for your patience.