Dangerous Tackle Deserving Of A Red? - Vote Now

Started by White Noise, December 05, 2011, 11:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangerous tackle deserving of a red?

Yes
No
Too close to call

cebu

A clear red in the modern game. He's going in showing both sets of studs, so it's irrelevant if he won the ball and it's irrelevant whether he touched the opponent or not.

HatterDon

I don't know how there's any question here. I'd have flashed red and never thought a moment about it. I'd have then gone to Reina and told him that any of his teammates who were still in my face after a count of 10 would be getting themselves a yellow.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

It is part of the modern game that I dislike. We soon will have players scared of commiting to any sort of tackle. But as has been said already. In the current climate he did take Dembele high with his trailing leg and did jump in. So I would be annoyed if it was a Fulham player who had been sent off but it seems to be the trend now. Decision was correct in the current namby pamby climate.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 06, 2011, 12:26:39 AM
It is part of the modern game that I dislike. We soon will have players scared of commiting to any sort of tackle. But as has been said already. In the current climate he did take Dembele high with his trailing leg and did jump in. So I would be annoyed if it was a Fulham player who had been sent off but it seems to be the trend now. Decision was correct in the current namby pamby climate.

namby pamby climate? Thank god he didn't break Dembele's leg with that tackle!

ron

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 06, 2011, 12:32:16 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 06, 2011, 12:26:39 AM

namby pamby climate? Thank god he didn't break Dembele's leg with that tackle!

Absolutely agree. A ferocious and potentially leg breaking tackle. I mentioned in another thread that Andy Townsend (via Firstrowsports) was going on about how marginal it was etc etc......I think he needed to hear the bone crack before he thought the tackle was dodgy.

psand22

It would be a different story, if we had made that tackle.  Every Liverpoo player on the pitch, plus half of the substitutes bench would have surrounded the ref calling for a public hanging.  I'm pretty disappointed in their play of late.  Suarez "The Kop Flop" always looking for a call and the rest of the team trying to bully the ref.  It was a red card for me....

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: HatterDon on December 06, 2011, 12:10:00 AM
I don't know how there's any question here. I'd have flashed red and never thought a moment about it. I'd have then gone to Reina and told him that any of his teammates who were still in my face after a count of 10 would be getting themselves a yellow.
That's ridiculous and totally unfair, Don. I don't think Liverpool players can count to 10 ?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Drake44444

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 06, 2011, 06:33:02 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on December 06, 2011, 12:10:00 AM
That's ridiculous and totally unfair, Don. I don't think Liverpool players can count to 10 ?
:005: :clap_hands:  :005:  
@hincharoo

BalDrick

Straight red, absolute no doubt whatsoever. Mind you Deuce putting the head on Bellend earlier was close to a red. God alone knows what Gary Neville was going on about afterwards saying Senderos should have gone.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Holders

"He won the ball," the Scot told Sky Sports 1. "He probably upset the referee with his follow-through but it's not his fault there's somebody standing there.

Priceless!

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nevzter

Two footed = red.  But I thought it harsh at the time.  No way that I debate a red to fulham in the same situation
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

TonyGilroy

Quote from: BalDrick on December 06, 2011, 07:25:55 AM
Straight red, absolute no doubt whatsoever. Mind you Deuce putting the head on Bellend earlier was close to a red. God alone knows what Gary Neville was going on about afterwards saying Senderos should have gone.

Second yellow card for pulling back Carroll off the ball. The ref would have been entitled to do that.

The first card was right as there were covering defenders. Send off players for those sorts of fouls and games would end 8 a side.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 06, 2011, 08:24:19 AM

Second yellow card for pulling back Carroll off the ball. The ref would have been entitled to do that.

The first card was right as there were covering defenders. Send off players for those sorts of fouls and games would end 8 a side.
I agree, I was in the Putney end and I really thought Senderos was going and you could not complain. He also blocked off a player a few minutes earlier which was missed. But hey ho never mind.

CorkCity

He went for Dembele on the follow through, the ref got it spot on with a straight red.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

WestCountryWhite

From the stand not a red from the replays on tv mmm not sure and from the stills a stone wall straight red.

I think it looked worse because dembele went to pull away as he knew it was 50/50 and he was already on a yellow. I feel sorry for the lad it was his chance to cement a place with Lucas out.

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 06, 2011, 08:24:19 AM

Yes I understood what (the largely impressive to that point) Neville meant, I just thought it was a comment beneath an ex-player, a defender to boot. How many games would he have finished if they'd been yellow card offences? One of their defenders did the same to (I think) Zamora when closing in on Reina with a Dempsey shot he didn't hold.

What people don't seem to be talking about is Dempsey giving Bellamy 'the heid' in the 1st half. Very good ref I thought, a trigger-happy one might have sent him off there and then.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Burt

Watching it live I thought it was a soft red but having seen replays and slow motions etc. I am more convinced the ref did actually get it right.