A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bobby Zamora

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, December 06, 2011, 07:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Bobby Zamora worth keeping in January?

Yes
No
Not sure
Money dependent

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Just wondering whether people would keep Bobby Zamora on the books come January. He's been on poor form and is, quite literally, only turning up for games.

If we were given £9m plus, I definitely would ship him out.

Mr Fulham

Can't see someone offering anything near 9m. Much rather 5 or 6m.

Jack Fulham

Sell sell sell, I'd take 5 million. I'd love Bobby of last season but if he's not up to it, get someone new in because Ruiz, Dempsey and Dembele look class together, we just lack the quality front man now.

LukeJennings

Sell Zamora bring in Gignac and a youngster?
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 06, 2011, 07:11:46 PM
Can't see someone offering anything near 9m. Much rather 5 or 6m.

Neither can I, just going on the numbers that's being batted around by the media.

Mr Fulham

By the way, I think he was injured yesterday. He started limping after 2 minutes.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 06, 2011, 07:17:48 PM
By the way, I think he was injured yesterday. He started limping after 2 minutes.

Yup, I thought Jol was going to take him off and then he ran it off but then a similar thing happened in the second. I would of preferred a fit and mobile Johnson because Zamora didn't look at the races yesterday. He hasn't really looked good this season, whether it's down to a disagreement with Jol or fitness I am unsure but I think it's time to ship out the likes of Duff, Zamora and Andy Johnson unless Duff and Bobby have a dramatic turn in form. I suppose we could keep AJ.

Jimpav

Zamora is a keeper in my opinion.

He may be experiencing a barren patch but what striker hasn't and come back stronger. He was unstoppable when he came back from injury last season and this was reflected by our 8th place finish.

He has finally broken into the national side and if he turns in a few performances next year could well be getting game time in Ukraine (given that Rooney is out) - no mean feat when you take into account the competition.

He is not a spring chicken but if he stays fit, he does not need to be. His strengths are holding up the ball and playing others into the game. Perfect for players like Dempsey to feed off.

If we did get 9 million for Zamora we would struggle to get a replacement. Ruiz was 10 million yet we are still holding our breath and hoping that he is going to find his feet in this league.

Zamora has lived and breathed English football - experience like that and 20 goals in a season do not come cheap.

dancrawford

Got to keep Zamora. He's integral to our play and we look absolutely powerpuff without him up front.

Admin

Getting rid of Zomora this season will be absolute madness and Jol knows it, thats why a 15 million pound price tag has been slapped on his forehead to keep potential buyers away. I agree with a lot of people that his work rate and attituded hasn't been up to scratch and by looking at his body language lately, he isn't happy at all. I've heard from more than one reliable source that Zamora has had a few training ground bust ups with Jol and they haven't been pretty, but thats here nor there, football goes on and so does this club.

Zamora is a conundrum because he's a difficut player to replace over night. He's also the type of player that affects your squad if he's left out, even from not performing, he still needs to be left in. He's currently the balance of squad and to just get rid of him would be a disaster for Fulham. I agree also that he's not the same player as last season but he will get us / make us important goals that will keep us in the Premiership.

If I put my trust in Jol, he'll slowly fase Zamora out over the comming season with maybe a quality purchase in January and release Zamora in the summer. Well, that's my theory..

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Jimpav on December 07, 2011, 05:38:51 PM

Yes, a great one too. Spain have an award for the best goalkeeper named after him.

:drums:

<ever-so-slightly obscure footballer reference>

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

it looks like he doesn't want to be here(I can only call it how I see it) for me it's all about improving the starting 11 if we sell him and replace with a better player that seems fair enough to me

Jimpav

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 07, 2011, 06:31:48 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on December 07, 2011, 05:38:51 PM

Yes, a great one too. Spain have an award for the best goalkeeper named after him.

:drums:

<ever-so-slightly obscure footballer reference>

I asked for that didn't I?!

Top marks for obscure football reference though. Wasted on a Fulham philistine like myself!

horse1031

i think zamora acts injured in games that he doesnt play well in.  i am not kidding, everytime he has a bad game he is limping around.  or maybe, he gets hurt every game and then magically is OK for the next one.  i wouldnt mind getting rid of him.  good servant to the club and gave us some good times but doesnt seem up to it anymore.

FatFreddysCat

twang

If he keeps playing the way he is and we get a good offer for him (ie more than £7m) then yes, get rid.

If he suddenly returns to his form of last season and the one before that OR we don't get offered a fair amount of money for him then I don't see the point of getting rid just for the sake of it.

Swedish White

If we did sell Zamora for 5-6 million, or maybe even more, how much do you reckon we could get Gignac for?