Nfr another joke

Started by Sheepskin Junior, December 06, 2011, 08:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepskin Junior

Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

mrska

Burt

Up until the 84th minute when Downing hit the post I was not finding them particularly funny... In fact I was convinced we were going to concede late on, as has become customary.

ScalleysDad

In an opposite to a joke thread many of the Liverpool fans sat around us and a few on the train to Waterloo thought that Carrol had gone beyond a joke. Whats scouse for statuesque ?

BalDrick

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 06, 2011, 10:59:15 PM
In an opposite to a joke thread many of the Liverpool fans sat around us and a few on the train to Waterloo thought that Carrol had gone beyond a joke. Whats scouse for statuesque ?

Did appear out of his depth didn't he? Suspect Newcastle fans are highly amused, they got a damned good price for him considering what he's done. The size of the fee means Liverpool will have to hang onto him for a while longer but he's not good enough for them, now they've improved so much. I'm aware this might sound like a perfectionist but if they have title aspirations, Reina's not good enough either. His mistake (twice in not punching possibly, but regardless of that Danny's shot wasn't all that hard to gather) and the goal he let in at Wembley the other week - okay Schmeichel was awesome but to win a title you need a really really good keeper and I'm not sure Reina is that, anymore if he ever was.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ScalleysDad

The 'royal we' said the first time Reina failed to gather the ball cleanly that AJ would have had a field day but of course we would have needed to be playing a direct 4.4.2 with him as the front 'box' player. I think it was at least three occassions, maybe four, that the ball was spilled. The mood BZ was in he probably felt secure in doing that.
Pundits are banging on about a scrappy game, how Liverpool were under par and of course going down to ten men, nine if you take Carrol into account, so its business as usual from them. I would have to say that if we play with the same amount of commitment, forget the occassional lucky break, we should be okay for Christmas. It looks like the Jol revolution will occur by accident does'nt it. Duffers might struggle to get back in as both Ruiz and Dembele look the business, Murph will be out for saturday and possibly the Odense game, Hughes is'nt featuring and Kelly has done enough to keep his optional slot. AJ seems to be kept back for the Europa games but will he drop BZ and put AJ in ahead of him on saturday or drop them both and try to match pace with pace. Oh the excitment. 

Rupert

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 07, 2011, 05:31:21 PM

Pundits are banging on about a scrappy game, how Liverpool were under par and of course going down to ten men, nine if you take Carrol into account, so its business as usual from them. I would have to say that if we play with the same amount of commitment, forget the occassional lucky break, we should be okay for Christmas. It looks like the Jol revolution will occur by accident does'nt it.  

The hacks won't be happy because the big team lost the sort of game they should be winning, one they shaded on posession and decent chances and a couple of debatable decisions which, had this been a few years ago, would definately have gone Liverpool's way. I think that what has happened is that, finally, the referees have recognised that we really are in the Premiership for the long haul (so that's relegation sorted for May, with my record on these things) and that our lot are just as capable, if not always as naturally talented, as the big teams. So, finally, we get a couple of dodgy decisions against Liverpool, probably because we are the home team and our crowd are often described as intimidating by those on the pitch. Yes, we influenced the ref. Give it another ten years of dodgy decisions going our way against Liverpool and United and co and we should be reaching equilibrium after the nonsense we have had to endure so far.
The Press, bless them, still do not think of us as Premiership longtimers, so the match was "controversial", rather than a slightly fortunate Fulham victory.

The Jol revolution- well, it is already in motion. The pairing of Hangeland and Senderos no longer counts as treason, hey, some people are starting to praise Phillipe's performances, people are starting to see that 4-3-3* can work, with Ruiz and Dembele both starting, even I can see that we no longer depend on Bobby Zamora as much as we used to (though I still maintain that we are better with him than without, diehard stuck-in-the-mud that I am).
It is still a work in progress, there will be painful bumps on the road ahead and I doubt if we will see the full flowering until next Christmas, but if we just hold our collective nerve, exciting times lie ahead.

*Edit- 4-3-2-1 if you prefer, let's not quibble.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

Quote from: Rupert on December 07, 2011, 07:34:14 PM
The Jol revolution- well, it is already in motion. The pairing of Hangeland and Senderos no longer counts as treason, hey, some people are starting to praise Phillipe's performances, people are starting to see that 4-3-3 can work, with Ruiz and Dembele both starting, even I can see that we no longer depend on Bobby Zamora as much as we used to (though I still maintain that we are better with him than without, diehard stuck-in-the-mud that I am).
It is still a work in progress, there will be painful bumps on the road ahead and I doubt if we will see the full flowering until next Christmas, but if we just hold our collective nerve, exciting times lie ahead.

Well said Mr Rupert sir.

Keep the faith, y'all.