News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else noticed the alarming rise in the price of corned beef?

Started by FatFreddysCat, December 07, 2011, 11:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 09:39:01 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 08, 2011, 01:26:06 AM
Fred

Some Pot Noodles do give you a good clean out. But some are nevertheless very tasty on a cold day.

Did you forget which Pot Noodle made you puke or which seaside resort you puked at or both. Pot Noodle and drugs don't mix. Although Pot Noodle followed by Kaolin and Morphine actually works really well. But I digest. 087.gif 090.gif
Kaz remembers it was Bognor Regis, probably did have a few joints back then, but LM i rememeber i hadn't started drinking yet, so it wasn't that. I'd imagine it was a beef and tomatoe as that was the only one i ever used to buy.
Fred it wasnt anything you ate or smoked it was just being in Bognor mate...Top call with the salad cream.What was the texture of your corned beef ? swerve asdas home brand its the worst ive had sweaty and you could spread it ! as for spam home made fritters now ! seeing as the lighthouse no longer does them down Northend Rd.As for pot noodles my sons lived on them me i cant stomach the things rather have the contents of the bottom of a rabbits hutch...
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on December 08, 2011, 09:53:11 AM
Fred

Some Pot Noodles do give you a good clean out. But some are nevertheless very tasty on a cold day.

Did you forget which Pot Noodle made you puke or which seaside resort you puked at or both. Pot Noodle and drugs don't mix. Although Pot Noodle followed by Kaolin and Morphine actually works really well. But I digest. 087.gif 090.gif
Kaz remembers it was Bognor Regis, probably did have a few joints back then, but LM i rememeber i hadn't started drinking yet, so it wasn't that. I'd imagine it was a beef and tomatoe as that was the only one i ever used to buy.
Fred it wasnt anything you ate or smoked it was just being in Bognor mate...Top call with the salad cream.What was the texture of your corned beef ? swerve asdas home brand its the worst ive had sweaty and you could spread it ! as for spam home made fritters now ! seeing as the lighthouse no longer does them down Northend Rd.As for pot noodles my sons lived on them me i cant stomach the things rather have the contents of the bottom of a rabbits hutch...
Yeah it has to be salad cream, cant stand mayo  :020: best left to the Belgies  :hook: And to think they was going to stop making salad cream a few years back  :014:

TheDaddy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 10:03:21 AM
Fred

Yeah it has to be salad cream, cant stand mayo  :020: best left to the Belgies  :hook: And to think they was going to stop making salad cream a few years back  :014:
Fred if you can i mean have a kebab shop local that after 18 pints you can forgo the temptation and get it home give it a dollop of salad cream bloody lovely
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Lighthouse

Those tubs of Coleslaw you can buy (cheaper than salad cream) are really good in a corned beef and Tomato sandwich. Or Spam and tomato. Or even a splash of tomato sauce with corned beef in the sandwich.

Had a bacon sandwich with tomato sauce the other day. In a roll, white bread and Brown bread. Well they say you need five a day. Oh no that isn't bread is it? Or toast. Life is good after such sandwiches.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on December 08, 2011, 10:12:04 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 10:03:21 AM
Fred

Yeah it has to be salad cream, cant stand mayo  :020: best left to the Belgies  :hook: And to think they was going to stop making salad cream a few years back  :014:
Fred if you can i mean have a kebab shop local that after 18 pints you can forgo the temptation and get it home give it a dollop of salad cream bloody lovely
That sounds the mutts, just cant imagine getting a kebab home though. Lighthouse , coleslaw is just wrong on every level,How do they make it? Surely it's just puke scraped out of the gutter on a saturday night.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

CorkedHat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 12:22:53 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on December 08, 2011, 12:18:18 AM
...(best Michael Caine accent) "did you know" although it is called 'corned beef ' it contains no corn, the word corn coming from ye olde English for granular, referring to the salt used in the curing process?

You did? Well ignore me...
Can you add yourself to the Pata ignore thing for me  :59: Just had my weekly look at the Offal, we both get a mention, though apparantly i'm the Jinger tosser from Northolt.

Fred – until your post I haven't been on the Offal for yonks but I just had to read for myself what you were on about. Actually I found the whole thread hilarious which prompted me to read another post and even though I haven't posted on there for about two and a half years there I was in perpetual glory. I was described as "crater faced".  Good grief, I am not that good looking, :yay:

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: CorkedHat on December 08, 2011, 09:42:24 PM
...(best Michael Caine accent) "did you know" although it is called 'corned beef ' it contains no corn, the word corn coming from ye olde English for granular, referring to the salt used in the curing process?

Can you add yourself to the Pata ignore thing for me  :59: Just had my weekly look at the Offal, we both get a mention, though apparantly i'm the Jinger tosser from Northolt.

Fred – until your post I haven't been on the Offal for yonks but I just had to read for myself what you were on about. Actually I found the whole thread hilarious which prompted me to read another post and even though I haven't posted on there for about two and a half years there I was in perpetual glory. I was described as "crater faced".  Good grief, I am not that good looking, :yay:

They are completely obcessed with FOF, glad you got a mention as well CH, but i bet you haven't got NF  NF on your knuckles? Just got enough room for the BNP and EDL.

Logicalman

as for spam home made fritters now ! seeing as the lighthouse no longer does them down Northend Rd.

Oh Daddy, wow, spam fritters bring back so many memories, haven't had them since my schooldays .... wonder of you can get them over here  .. anyone had luck in the past (calling all exiles  :clap_hands: calling all exiles  :clap_hands:)

JohnKovacs

My wife and kids love it. She fries it crispy and they eat it on bread with mustard, I won't touch the stuff.

SPAM = Slime Passing As Meat

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: JohnKovacs on December 08, 2011, 11:49:30 PM
My wife and kids love it. She fries it crispy and they eat it on bread with mustard, I won't touch the stuff.

SPAM = Slime Passing As Meat
So is doner kebab meat, we all know it's wrong, but it tastes so right.

CorkedHat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 09:48:44 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on December 08, 2011, 09:42:24 PM

They are completely obcessed with FOF, glad you got a mention as well CH, but i bet you haven't got NF  NF on your knuckles? Just got enough room for the BNP and EDL.

I must go on the Offal more often. Thanks to you Fred, I am now aware that I am crater faced, you have NF on your knuckles, American Mike was once a member of Green Street and LB was charged with making up the guest list for American Mike's wedding which is why OW wasn't invited.
No doubt in future Offal threads we shall discover that The Doctor will deliver American Mike's wife's first child, Tony Gilroy is the love child of Tony Macedo, and The Daddy is so named because he fathered LBno11.
There is no doubt about it, the Offal makes for some really intelligent and humorous reading :011:

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us