News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else noticed the alarming rise in the price of corned beef?

Started by FatFreddysCat, December 07, 2011, 11:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I just wish i'd invested in a load of cans of the stuff a few years back, held it back then cashed in. I paid £2.50 for five slices the other day, it used to be cheap as .... er corned beef. Anyhow still having corned beef and Branston pickle sarnies tomorrow :004: Can we have a licking lips/ drooling smilie please?

LBNo11

...(best Michael Caine accent) "did you know" although it is called 'corned beef ' it contains no corn, the word corn coming from ye olde English for granular, referring to the salt used in the curing process?

You did? Well ignore me...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 08, 2011, 12:18:18 AM
...(best Michael Caine accent) "did you know" although it is called 'corned beef ' it contains no corn, the word corn coming from ye olde English for granular, referring to the salt used in the curing process?

Can you add yourself to the Pata ignore thing for me  :59: Just had my weekly look at the Offal, we both get a mention, though apparantly i'm the Jinger tosser from Northolt.

Lighthouse

Corned Beef and Pickle Sandwiches and Spam and Pickle Sandwiches. A real meal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 12:22:53 AM

Can you add yourself to the Pata ignore thing for me  :59: Just had my weekly look at the Offal, we both get a mention, though apparantly i'm the Jinger tosser from Northolt.

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 08, 2011, 12:24:12 AM
Corned Beef and Pickle Sandwiches and Spam and Pickle Sandwiches. A real meal.
I cant remember if i like spam or not, haven't had it for years, must get some. Corned beef,real peasant food, but lovely.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 08, 2011, 12:28:07 AM

:011:

Logicalman

Hey Fred, I thought Corned beef come from Argentina. Don't let Finn know you like the stuff then!!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Logicalman on December 08, 2011, 12:32:06 AM
Hey Fred, I thought Corned beef come from Argentina. Don't let Finn know you like the stuff then!!
I'm sure i've done a corned beef thread before , why not? i do it with sausages. But i think the Argentina thing was Fray Bentos pies or was that Uraguay? But yeah i know the Argies are famous for their beef, i actually really want to go to Argentina one day, i'll defo get FP a beer when he comes over next, in rurn i want a room for a few weeks  :015:

Lighthouse

Spam flavoured with Bacon  is wonderful with pickle in sandwiches. Corned Beef and Spam can be used with most things. Beans and Spam with chips or crisps. Corned beef with Beans is a real treat. Now on a cold day a snack of Pot Noodles for lunch and Corned Beef and Beans for dinner.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 08, 2011, 12:39:55 AM
Spam flavoured with Bacon  is wonderful with pickle in sandwiches. Corned Beef and Spam can be used with most things. Beans and Spam with chips or crisps. Corned beef with Beans is a real treat. Now on a cold day a snack of Pot Noodles for lunch and Corned Beef and Beans for dinner.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Corned beef with beans mmmmmmmmmmm . Pot Noodle is the food of the Jehovas, just wrong. Last time i had pot noodle i puked at some seaside resort, i forget which one.

Lighthouse

Fred

Some Pot Noodles do give you a good clean out. But some are nevertheless very tasty on a cold day.

Did you forget which Pot Noodle made you puke or which seaside resort you puked at or both. Pot Noodle and drugs don't mix. Although Pot Noodle followed by Kaolin and Morphine actually works really well. But I digest. 087.gif 090.gif

Logicalman

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 12:43:31 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Corned beef with beans mmmmmmmmmmm . Pot Noodle is the food of the Jehovas, just wrong. Last time i had pot noodle i puked at some seaside resort, i forget which one.

Hey fred, the missus reckons you puking had more to do with what (or much) you drank!! LOL

Logicalman

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE#

CorkedHat

What I don't understand is why corned beef comes in square tins and are opened with a Heath Robinson type key which invariably snaps half way around the tin 092.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ron Sheepskin

That's still allowed in Northolt? I thought the council banned it along with dwarf throwing.  089.gif
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on December 08, 2011, 08:49:50 AM

That's still allowed in Northolt? I thought the council banned it along with dwarf throwing.  089.gif
:011: It's only banned in FOFland   :010: . I've decided to ditch the pickle and have tomatoes, letteuce and a bit of salad cream, none of that horrible mayonaise crap for moi.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 08, 2011, 01:26:06 AM
Fred

Some Pot Noodles do give you a good clean out. But some are nevertheless very tasty on a cold day.

Did you forget which Pot Noodle made you puke or which seaside resort you puked at or both. Pot Noodle and drugs don't mix. Although Pot Noodle followed by Kaolin and Morphine actually works really well. But I digest. 087.gif 090.gif
Kaz remembers it was Bognor Regis, probably did have a few joints back then, but LM i rememeber i hadn't started drinking yet, so it wasn't that. I'd imagine it was a beef and tomatoe as that was the only one i ever used to buy.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 09:36:03 AM
Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on December 08, 2011, 08:49:50 AM

:011: It's only banned in FOFland   :010: . I've decided to ditch the pickle and have tomatoes, letteuce and a bit of salad cream, none of that horrible mayonaise crap for moi.

So thats sliced corned beef, two of your five a day, salad cream and a little bit of french thrown in. When the real FFC surfaces put him on will you !