Main Menu

Ruiz

Started by Tom, December 08, 2011, 09:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I hope this isn't true but if he only came here for the money!  096.gig
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

Think you'd find it hard to field an XI if you excluded everyone who came for the money.

Ruiz is starting to show glimpses that he will be as good, if not better, than Dembele, who I don't expect to see playing for Fulham much longer.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Tom on December 08, 2011, 09:42:49 AM
I hope this isn't true but if he only came here for the money,  096.gig

I admire your sentiment Tom, but it's a tad naive to think that all players that will play for us doing it for their love of the club.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Tom

Quote from: Nick the Swede on December 08, 2011, 09:56:29 AM
Quote from: Tom on December 08, 2011, 09:42:49 AM
I hope this isn't true but if he only came here for the money, 096.gig

I admire your sentiment Tom, but it's a tad naive to think that all players that will play for us doing it for their love of the club.
I have a love for the club and would never do something just for the money. I don't like greedy players in any sport! I really hope this is false. Cause he is starting to play well.
Fulham for life!

epsomraver

what do you think he came to the premiership for?

Tom

Some people just blow me away. Even if he did come here for the money, why wouldn't he just keep his mouth shut and not say anything? So people are just so stupid!
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: epsomraver on December 08, 2011, 09:59:38 AM
what do you think he came to the premiership for?
Better league, better competition. Make yourself a better player, playing against the best competition in the world.
Fulham for life!

TonyGilroy

He was playing outstandingly well for Twente and idolised by the supporters.

Money aside what possible reason would he have to leave? Perhaps the related aim of proving himself in the "greatest league in the world" (sic) in which case he'll want to succeed and move to an (even?) bigger club and earn even more money.

Let's horsewhip the bastard.

aussierod

He's obviously come here for the money (as opposed to staying at Twente or going to another club) as most players do decide with their bank account, but certainly he has not come here for a holiday. which for me is fine. Most young, ambitious and driven players use Fulham as a stepping stone (eg Dembele, Dempsey), the older ones looking for playing time from a club they couldn't get enough game time (eg Zamora, Hughes, Murphy, Sidwell). I would say almost all players come to our club as it is best financial deal for them and the club they play for. I think Ruiz has obviously chose us over other clubs because we offered the best package but to say it was his only reason would be false, however it would be the main reason. When Newcastle apparently came in for him, I thought he was a goner for us, as playing in front of 50,000 fans every other week as opposed to 25k would be much better in the eyes of someone not familiar with the club, so obviously we offered him moer money than they did

Realistically, you would be fielding supporters if you only wanted players who wanted to play for Fulham and for no other reason. Passion and love of the club from players is in decline, so although the PR teams have players say this, rarely do I believe it (Hangerland is one of my exceptions as he could go to a bigger club but has stayed loyal) as they will undoubtably jump ship if the opportunity arose where they could get more money
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

epsomraver

"I wish to make it known to the club's supporters that as soon as Fulham's interest was apparent to me in the summer, and despite very public interest from other clubs, I was only ever intent on joining FFC," said the striker.

"The truth of the matter is I'm delighted to be at Fulham Football Club."

Tonywa

Realistically, you would be fielding supporters if you only wanted players who wanted to play for Fulham and for no other reason. Passion and love of the club from players is in decline, so although the PR teams have players say this, rarely do I believe it (Hangerland is one of my exceptions as he could go to a bigger club but has stayed loyal) as they will undoubtably jump ship if the opportunity arose where they could get more money
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more and further wonder as to how many of our current 'supporters' would still be coming down to the Cottage a few years down the line if, God forbid, we were to find ourselves, once again in the lower reaches of the League structure. I don't seem to recall there being many of us around twelve or thirteen years ago.

Lighthouse

BRYAN Ruiz insists he's fully committed to Fulham and has denied reports he only moved to Craven Cottage for the money.

The winger was linked with a switch to Spurs before joining the Whites on transfer deadline day, and reportedly told Dutch magazine Voetbal International he would rather have made the move to north London.

However, the Costa Rican star says he's happy to be in SW6.

"I wish to make it known to the club's supporters that as soon as Fulham's interest was apparent to me in the summer, and despite very public interest from other clubs, I was only ever intent on joining FFC," Ruiz said.

"As I said on the day I signed, I was attracted by the club's ambition and the opportunity to play under Martin Jol.

"Fulham felt far more personal to me than any of the other clubs I visited and there was no question of me joining any other Premier League team once I had spoken to Fulham's representatives. The truth of the matter is I'm delighted to be at Fulham Football Club.

"I'm back in the team, we're playing well and I feel like I'm showing my true form. We started the week brilliantly against Liverpool and I just want to focus on helping the team against Swansea on Saturday.

"I am indebted to the chairman and Martin Jol for bringing me here and I want to thank the Fulham fans for the warm reception and affection they always show towards me."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/12/08/ruiz-committed-to-fulham-82029-29917246/#ixzz1fwCIyUYR
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

It hasn't taken him long to master the language.

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 08, 2011, 10:28:46 AM

It hasn't taken him long to master the language.

Indeed - very much the party line isn't it, rather than from the horse's mouth. Can see some hefty bids coming in for him in 12 months' time if he continues his improvement.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Jack Fulham

He came here to further his career and more money will play a part in that. He will earn a lot more here than he will have in Belgium and Holland. I imagine he will move on eventually to a bigger club for a good fee but for now, as long as he puts his shift in, I do not care. Even when he was subjected to bids at Twente, he was still playing well in the first team. The same can't be said for Saha and Malbranque when they wanted to leave here. Ruiz will become a very important player for us.

richie17

Premiership plays the best wages, more or less.  In the 90s the big players were all in Italy.  As Tony says, it's not exactly a revelation, is it?

NogoodBoyo

Good lord, Tom, with the exception of priests, social workers and farmers, people in all walks of life take new jobs for more money.  That's what building a career is all about.  Footballers have very short careers and limited earnings potential after their retirement due to their single-minded pursuit of the round ball to the total exclusion of their education.
However, Ruiz's statement is a joke.  That blond lady wrote every letter of it.
The whole story is of no import at all.
Nogood "storm in a tea-cup, itis" Boyo