watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Quick, somebody get MAF's lawyers, yet more sour grapes from the Scousers

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, December 08, 2011, 02:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

I wonder what view Fulham's legal department would take of obviously false allegations that Fulham fans threw things at Suarez.

Dalgleish and Liverpool fans should just STFU. You are only making it worse for yourselves.

http://www.kopsource.com/tackling-improper-conduct-at-the-source/

If, in any walk of life, someone threw coins, cans and bottles at you, made obscene gestures in your direction and spat hateful, foul-mouthed tirades of abuse towards you and your family you would certainly be forgiven for reacting. But not in football. In football you are punished.
Luis Suarez has been charged with improper conduct after he raised his middle finger towards the Fulham fans who had dished out far worse treatment towards him throughout Monday's match. Yet there has been no word on whether the FA will order an enquiry into the conduct of these supporters who so desperately tried to provoke a reaction, before complaining when they got one.
It seems it is easier to punish an individual for reacting than it is to punish those who provoked him in the first place. Or should I say it is more beneficial? The FA will no doubt fill their Christmas coffers with whatever fine it is that they decide to impose upon the rich Johnny foreigner, but every day football fans do not represent the same lucrative opportunity.
If the powers that be really wanted to tackle the issue of improper conduct, then they would do well to address the problem at its source. With the all seeing eyes of CCTV and television cameras trained on football fans throughout the 90 minutes and beyond, identifying those guilty of inciting such conduct could be done with relative ease. They wouldn't even have to punish all of them; just weed out as many as possible to be made an example of and others will soon take heed of the consequences that their actions could bring.
I'm not saying football fans should be sat in silence – that would be absurd – but in the same way that racism and homophobia in sport are being snuffed out, so should the culture of those who try to pass off their frankly contemptible behaviour as 'banter'. A bottle to the head, a coin in the eye or a deeply personal or sensitive subject being dragged up in public certainly doesn't pass as funny in my book.
Ultimately, I don't think the majority of Fulham fans or, indeed, football fans were bothered by Suarez' itching of the finger – they got back a little bit of what they gave out and probably went home and forgot it ever happened, leaving any animosity at the turnstiles. Understandably, though, the FA have a responsibility to clean up football as much they can to make it fit for broadcast to today's household of mother, father, 2.4 children and goldfish.
But for as long as those who provoke a reaction go unpunished, the message will remain that what they are doing is OK. And for as long as it is considered OK, it will continue to happen and, as a result, so will the reactions that the FA consider 'improper conduct' and then duly penalise players for.
Plainly then, the solution is clear for all to see. All, that is, but for those peering through the cloudy, corrupting spectacles of the self-preservation society that is the English Football Association.

BalDrick

Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

Every time a Liverpool fan whinges that they're being persecuted by the media/the FA/the government, a puppy dies.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 08, 2011, 02:29:03 PM
Every time a Liverpool fan whinges that they're being persecuted by the media/the FA/the government, a puppy dies.

Millions must have died. In fact, I am surprised that Dogs are still in existence and have not died out.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

This bloke could not have been at the match. He should check the fans 'fair play' tables for the last few years and see how our fans behave.

Football fans are not professional and are not paid  handsomely for how they behave...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 08, 2011, 02:31:49 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 08, 2011, 02:29:03 PM

Millions must have died. In fact, I am surprised that Dogs are still in existence and have not died out.

Lol.

They're still whinging about our game on RAWK now, I love it.
1) Whateva this is SOOOOOOOOO unFair right coz footballz goin soft as if that was a red crad it was neva a red crad. neva wooda haoppened in the seventies when football was for menz.
2) DEMPSEY PUT HIS HEAD NEXT TO ONE OF OUR BRAVE BOYS HEADS - HE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE GAME.
3) This is bulLLLshit i bet alex fergusmelly had something to so with it hmmmm.

Lighthouse

A well known Liverpool blog was saying that the case for a bribery scandal concerning the referee should be looked into as he was so anti Liverpool. Now we have items raining down on the poor Suarez who doesn't fall over and should be protected by the powers the be. It is the thuggish element of football fans (not Liverpool fans obviously) and the refs who are taking money to give decisions against the wonderful Liverpool team. All in all the Scousers are blimmin saints who battle against the forces of evil.

Liverpool - the poor put upon little innocents.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oakeshott

"He should check the fans 'fair play' tables for the last few years and see how our fans behave."

Indeed. I seem to remember we played Juventus a couple of times in 2009 without any particular crowd trouble or animosity. Liverpool supporters killed 39 of theirs at a match in the 1980s and 14 of their fans were convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

Jimpav

Suarez received nothing like the abuse that Fat Frank and John Terry get. I'm the first to voice my lack of respect for these two stalwarts of the Dark Side but some of the abuse directed them is horrific.

Suarez had it easy on Monday. He was repeatedly called a cheat and not without reason. Dalglish and the moany Scousers have put a target on him and essentially invited the terraces around England to single him out for special treatment.

I for one don't believe a word of it. He seems happy enough to allegedly make "negrita" jokes and "banter" with Evra but but call Uruguay's second keeper a cheat and it's all crocodile tears and "disgusting".

If he really is as thin skinned as Dalglish and co. are making him out to be then I can't see him sticking around after this season.

THANK THE LORD FOR THAT! 078.gif

Mitch

Jack Fulham

Pretty sure Nani got much worse abuse from Liverpool fans last season despite a Liverpool player taking a large chunk of thigh. As stated in the thread, other players get a lot worse and I think in fairness to Lampard, he takes it very well. Calling Suarez a cheat is a justifiable chant though so I'm not sure what they're moaning about. Huge double standards.

SKSW6

Yeah, lets use the CCTV footage of fans throughout the 90 minutes to charge them, so that every time their lot play Man Utd, the hundreds of them who chant "Munich" at them can be dealt with too. This article is genuinely one of the worst things I've ever read, for all of them above reasons and more. Paranoid rantings of a lunatic, or just a massive troll...

SKSW6

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 08, 2011, 02:38:57 PM
A well known Liverpool blog was saying that the case for a bribery scandal concerning the referee should be looked into as he was so anti Liverpool. Now we have items raining down on the poor Suarez who doesn't fall over and should be protected by the powers the be. It is the thuggish element of football fans (not Liverpool fans obviously) and the refs who are taking money to give decisions against the wonderful Liverpool team. All in all the Scousers are blimmin saints who battle against the forces of evil.

I know we all hate Chelsea, QPR etc, but Liverpool have got to have the most deluded, paranoid, arrogant, universally loathed, pathetic set of football fans in the world, surely?

Mitch

Quote from: SKSW6 on December 08, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

I know we all hate Chelsea, QPR etc, but Liverpool have got to have the most deluded, paranoid, arrogant, universally loathed, pathetic set of football fans in the world, surely?

It's the whole city, not just the football club.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mitch on December 08, 2011, 05:20:07 PM

Harsh on Everton fans, who I have found to be pretty decent in general.

BalDrick

#

A hugely ironic reply to read right next to your picture of Murph and (presumably?) you.

Evertonians are the ones who chucked lighters and coins at our players, Boa and Claus Jensen definitely, probably others. Mind you, apparently Stoke fans chuck golf balls FFS.

FC Silver Fox

I'm afraid the Scousers could be right. We did throw Suarez a glance from time to time, particularly when he was swan diving.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Bronsons

BalDrick

It's possible they might think stuff was thrown as I'd imagine people were using wrist gestures implying something had been tossed!

Mitch

Quote from: BalDrick on December 08, 2011, 05:37:48 PM

#

A hugely ironic reply to read right next to your picture of Murph and (presumably?) you.

Evertonians are the ones who chucked lighters and coins at our players, Boa and Claus Jensen definitely, probably others. Mind you, apparently Stoke fans chuck golf balls FFS.

Haha, fair point!! I shouldn't tarnish everyone with the same brush, but the majority of scousers I've come across I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, just to do the gene pool of the UK a favour.