Main Menu

Jol On Berbatov, Raul & Dembele

Started by White Noise, December 08, 2011, 10:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08122011/63/jol-compares-dembele-raul.html

Jol compares Dembele to Raul

Thu, 08 Dec 16:25:37 2011

Fulham manager Martin Jol believes that in Mousa Dembele he has a player that can reach the same heights as Spanish legend Raul.

With the transfer window reopening in January, speculation has begun over reinforcements the Dutchman may bring in. Marseille's Andre-Pierre Gignac has been heavily linked with a move, as has Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega and former Real Madrid man Raul.

The latter would be particularly audacious but Jol has quashed talk of a move for Spain's all-time record scorer, and said: "It is not our philosophy. [Raul] is a star but I have another star in that position, who will probably be the same as Raul in the future. Mousa Dembele is on the way to becoming a fantastic player."

He added: "Bryan Ruiz can also play there and we have a young player that can play in that position that you probably don't know in Kerim Frei. I have Pajtim Kasami, who is 19 years old, so I would probably be crazy to get another player in that position."

Jol also ruled out a move for Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov, who he knows well having originally brought him to England while in charge of Tottenham.

"That is just paper talk," he said. "Dimitar Berbatov is at Man United and is quite happy. And if he moves I don't think it will be possible for our club to get him, you know?

"He is certainly a very good striker, he was very good for me, but it is just paper talk."

Fulham travel to Swansea in the Barclays Premier League this weekend boosted by news concerning the fitness of Danny Murphy, who was expected to definitely miss the Swansea match after picking up an ankle knock against Liverpool on Monday.

"Danny is probably involved because he is a quick healer," Jol said. "He will have a test as well [on Friday].

"His ankle was swollen up but it is better now so I hope he can be involved. It's touch and go."

RidgeRider

He is talking up Moussa so much he must be trying to sell him for a lot of dough.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 08, 2011, 11:43:35 PM
He is talking up Moussa so much he must be trying to sell him for a lot of dough.

No,he currently isn't interested in selling, although he sees the possibility of an expensive January sale. But that's not his priority. I can't see a buyer really. Spurs? No, they don't need him. And it's not Jol's mentality, really. He talked Dembele up on his first day here because he sees him as a very good player and he didn't want to sell him back then!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 08, 2011, 11:48:17 PM

No,he currently isn't interested in selling, although he sees the possibility of an expensive January sale. But that's not his priority. I can't see a buyer really. Spurs? No, they don't need him. And it's not Jol's mentality, really. He talked Dembele up on his first day here because he sees him as a very good player and he didn't want to sell him back then!

Your probably right but he has been 'crapping on' singing Dembele's praises since day one and hasn't stopped. Really haven't seen a player receive this much praise from one of our managers in some time. He's like a carnival barker.

Jack Fulham

Sad but true  :012:

JohnKovacs

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 09, 2011, 01:03:25 AM

Sad but true  :012:

I disagree. Jol is talking him up because if someone does come knocking in January it's going to cost them big $$$$$$. He's taking a chapter right out of 'ol Arry's book, just like when the big clubs were after Modric.

I'm not even opposed to Jol putting a 25M pound price tag on Dembele......bring the cash before we sit down. Anything less, don't waste my time.

HatterDon

Or it could be that Jol has discovered what motivates Dembele. Roy fired up Dempsey by saying "he's good, but not as good as he thinks he is." Perhaps Dembele needs absolute adulation to perform at his best. That seems the simplest reason to me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on December 11, 2011, 12:01:13 AM
Or it could be that Jol has discovered what motivates Dembele. Roy fired up Dempsey by saying "he's good, but not as good as he thinks he is." Perhaps Dembele needs absolute adulation to perform at his best. That seems the simplest reason to me.

this is another thought i had about the singing as well. I think you may be on to something HD