watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Lion?

Started by The Rock, December 09, 2011, 01:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

This is the Rock! Been awhile with a kid now but hopefully coming into town on biz after the New Year and will parlay this of course with a match. Been too long. Does everyone still do the Lion or is brickslayers or crabtree the latest and the greatest? Really lookin fwd to a meet up if possible etc

mrska

Mate we are currently drinking in Rockwells..  its the one by the roundabout near the Fulham shop.  used to be an away pub..  but theyre going all out to attract Fulham fans..   Nice boozer with a nice garden.. 

LBNo11

...Hi Rob, look forward to seeing you again (and the lovely Lara(?)), but it won't be in the Golden Lion. The group has become fragmented since you last met up with us, some of us going back to The Brick(layers Arms) and as Dean mentioned Rockwells - with your nickname I suppose Rockwells will be the best choice.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BalDrick

Quote from: mr_ska on December 09, 2011, 09:24:32 AM
Mate we are currently drinking in Rockwells..  its the one by the roundabout near the Fulham shop.  used to be an away pub..  but theyre going all out to attract Fulham fans..   Nice boozer with a nice garden.. 

On the ground side of the road, that one? Might give that a try myself actually, don't like the Lion at all and think the Brick is hugely overrated.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

mrska

Quote from: BalDrick on December 09, 2011, 10:47:16 AM
Mate we are currently drinking in Rockwells..  its the one by the roundabout near the Fulham shop.  used to be an away pub..  but theyre going all out to attract Fulham fans..   Nice boozer with a nice garden..  

On the ground side of the road, that one? Might give that a try myself actually, don't like the Lion at all and think the Brick is hugely overrated.
Yes Baldrick..  weve been using it this season.. its really nice in there..  sky for the footie  and a little snack bar in the garden. Plus the barmaids are top notch!

BalDrick

Quote from: mr_ska on December 09, 2011, 10:50:53 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on December 09, 2011, 10:47:16 AM

Yes Baldrick..  weve been using it this season.. its really nice in there..  sky for the footie  and a little snack bar in the garden. Plus the barmaids are top notch!

Top notch barmaids is something neither of the others can compete on for a start! Go on, spoil it, tell me they don't do a decent Guinness

mrska

Alas i couldn't tell you.. although my Brother OTTER  drinks enough of it in there so im sure theres not a problem with it :beer:

LBNo11

...The Brick serves decent beer, and is OK for a post match drink, but I was in there yesterday lunchtime and it was dead, certainly not very appealing inside, but as said, after a game it is a good place to meet friends. I have yet to try Rockwells, it doesn't 'look' my type of pub, but I may drop in and check it out for the notloB game...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BalDrick

'...The Brick serves decent beer'

Pretty poor Guinness there, they do sometimes have a good cider but it almost always runs out and you're back to Strongbow afterwards (cue Equalizer saying it's all down to Ferret). No idea on lagers.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: BalDrick on December 09, 2011, 11:48:38 AM
'...The Brick serves decent beer'

Pretty poor Guinness there, they do sometimes have a good cider but it almost always runs out and you're back to Strongbow afterwards (cue Equalizer saying it's all down to Ferret). No idea on lagers.

To be fair, if you go to the Brick, it's a proper real ale pub, so that's what you get there. Cider doesn't usually run out, despite Ferret's best efforts.

As for lager, how can you tell if it's a good or bad pint? It all comes from the same vats in Northampton...
Never ever bloody anything ever.

BalDrick

'Cider doesn't usually run out'

No there's usually some cider, but they sometimes have a good one beforehand, which is gone by the time I get back.

'despite Ferret's best efforts'

That's strange - for some reason I thought Two Ton Ted and Ferret were one and the same...

BalDrick

'That's strange - for some reason I thought Two Ton Ted and Ferret were one and the same...'

Having just checked the poster's stats, the penny has dropped.

leonffc

Is that the old Zulu bar Deano? And can kids get in now (just in case we get a Saturday game and I can make it?)

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: BalDrick on December 09, 2011, 12:15:10 PMThat's strange - for some reason I thought Two Ton Ted and Ferret were one and the same...

*shudders at thought*
Never ever bloody anything ever.

mrska

Quote from: leonffc on December 09, 2011, 05:04:47 PM

Is that the old Zulu bar Deano? And can kids get in now (just in case we get a Saturday game and I can make it?)
Yes mate  its the old Zulus bar..  and yes kids are welcome mate..  get down for the Bolton Game..  everyone is out for that one..

leonffc

Quote from: mr_ska on December 09, 2011, 05:28:56 PM

Yes mate  its the old Zulus bar..  and yes kids are welcome mate..  get down for the Bolton Game..  everyone is out for that one..

I was going to but can't make it.

RidgeRider

Quote from: mr_ska on December 09, 2011, 05:28:56 PM

I'll be dropping by on Wednesday and Saturday. Look forward see some FoFers while I am there.   098.gif

Burt

Cue nostalgia for the Cottage pub, before they ponced it up, and before they closed it down.

*Sigh*

mrska

Quote from: Burt on December 09, 2011, 08:01:05 PM
Cue nostalgia for the Cottage pub, before they ponced it up, and before they closed it down.

*Sigh*
Great pub..  so gutted that closed.

Fletchino

Quote from: mr_ska on December 09, 2011, 08:45:00 PM
Quote from: Burt on December 09, 2011, 08:01:05 PM

Fat frank paid for that to be done even more reason to hate him

*Sigh*
Great pub..  so gutted that closed.