watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did We Miss Danny Murphy?

Started by White Noise, December 10, 2011, 05:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Or were today's problem's related to something else?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

We obviously missed his penalty taking...

LBNo11

...even had he played we would still have played the same way; if he had played he would have played well but the match would have been played at second gear pace as ever; if he had played the other players would still have lumped the ball in the air in the vague direction of our diminutive striker; if he has played we would not have played with any width; if he had played our strikers would have had few shots on goal and with no end result; if he had played and we needed a substitution it would have still been too late in the game; had he played we would have still been playing too deep and inviting the opposition to attack us.

If he had played would we have lost - the way we are playing - yes.

In short if he had played he would still have played his professional game, but one man is not a team, and a team, to succeed has to play under tactical direction that works...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Swedish White

I thought Davies did well in his role today, we just lacked the runs forward (and yes, the penalty taking). I don't think Murphy would have changed much today.

PaulUMD

Of course we did.  We always do.  Doesn't matter which manager, always the same issue.  No cover for Murphy.  There was no connection in the midfield unless Dempsey or Dembele came back to scoop up the ball.  Not many guys on this squad are comfortable on the ball in a crowded midfield and it showed today.

HatterDon

yes, we missed Danny. He is BY MILES our most creative player. Freddy didn't miss him, of course, but the side did.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Who would Murphy have passed to? We (Fulham) were all having a picnic in their own half. If they saw the ball they threw it back to Swansea. Until Demps got bored and scored in his own net Murphy would not have been needed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on December 11, 2011, 12:27:36 AM
yes, we missed Danny. He is BY MILES our most creative player. Freddy didn't miss him, of course, but the side did.
Yeah after our eight away wins on the trot we really came down to Earth with a bump without Murphy  :015:

RidgeRider

Is this meant to be tongue in cheek?

OF COURSE we did. We also missed BZ, and we also played a team who have lost once at home to United this season, and we played a really tough match on Monday and another out of the country the previous Wednesday, and we don't always play well when we play away, and we are a mid table side, and Swansea doesn't suck at all, etc.