watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One on one

Started by The Swan, December 10, 2011, 05:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Have we got any player that can take on a keeper one on one and score.Thats Johnson, Dembele and now Ruiz who have been one on one and each time the keeper saves. This must be something they must train for when they get to the training ground.
Why oh why did Dempsey take the penalty kick today. He has not missed one yet but he has both kicks saved.
The Swan

ron

Perhaps they all spend their time at the training ground arguing.....?

It will be interesting to see the relative positions of us and Sunderland 5 matches down the line. O'Neill gives instant and positive direction as soon as he arrives at teams, and has a knack of identifying strengths right away. As was mentioned earlier, it says plenty that our (albeit generally unsuccessful) lone striker AJ is actually providing crosses rather than being on the receiving end (where he might be expected to be), with an expressionless lantern-jawed dutchman looking on.   

PokerMatt

Having both saved is a miss in my book. I fancy any player to miss if he aims slightly to the right of a keeper at waist height.

And I think that's the biggest problem of all that we cannot finish. Look at Ruiz goal he scored for us - brilliant, but it came after not burying one from literally a yard out earlier in the game. The spectacular is useless if the simple isn't done first.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

finnster01

Frei can. Look what happened after he came on. We actually looked like we wanted something but it was too late then.

Thank you Martin for waiting too long and starting possibly the slowest XI in the prem
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

MrFantastic

frei is the best player we have he needs to play more great player there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

The King

Quote from: MrFantastic on December 10, 2011, 06:02:06 PM
Yeah, we should start Etheridge, Smith, Burn, Halliche, Briggs, Kacaniklic, Donegan, Gecov, Frei, Trotta and Sá in the next match. They don't play for the money, it doesn't matter even if they lose to Bolton by five goals, because they're playing for the club. It doesn't affect their confidence at all!

TWFL

The only reason everyone is falling head over heels with him is because he has pace. We need to get someone else with pace so that, and getting a goalscorer (maybe both in one person) is surely our main aim for January?

finnster01

Quote from: TWFL on December 10, 2011, 06:28:26 PM

The only reason everyone is falling head over heels with him is because he has pace. We need to get someone else with pace so that, and getting a goalscorer (maybe both in one person) is surely our main aim for January?

What aim? Do we actually have one? We have been needing a striker for the longest, including before the summer window. Martin clearly is on the job, especially now that he is shipping out Zamora.  :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead