watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Edwardian humor, anyone?

Started by HatterDon, December 11, 2011, 03:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend. "Watson, look up and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"And what does that tell you?" Holmes asked.

Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is about a quarter past 3. Theologically, I can see that God is all-powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Why, what does it tell you?"

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke: "Someone has stolen our tent."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

:005:

I bet Holmes and Watson would make a good management team. Holme as Cloughie to Watson as Taylor.

Rupert

I know a good Sherlock Holmes joke, unfortunately I'd be banned if I posted it on a site where kids have access.

Shame, really. 084.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Berserker

Yep i'm a big fan oh Sherlock, good joke
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Quote from: Rupert on December 11, 2011, 04:43:35 PM
I know a good Sherlock Holmes joke, unfortunately I'd be banned if I posted it on a site where kids have access.

Shame, really. 084.gif

no children have access to my pm's
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on December 11, 2011, 03:43:45 PM
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend. "Watson, look up and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"And what does that tell you?" Holmes asked.

Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is about a quarter past 3. Theologically, I can see that God is all-powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Why, what does it tell you?"

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke: "Someone has stolen our tent."

Classic. Enjoyed that. Keep posting them!

White Noise

GoldCoastWhite

A bit cerebral for me Donaldinho but still earned a good chuckle !  :005:

The Equalizer

Very good HD! However, Victoria was the sovereign when Holmes and Watson were peddling their wares.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

Ha! That made my pipe fall out of my well-moustached mouth.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!