watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

O'Neill commitment

Started by ElissonSnygg, December 11, 2011, 03:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElissonSnygg

Sunderland just scores 1-1 and 2-1 against Blackburn and O'Neill is jumping like he've won the World Cup, but that is exactly why I love that guy! Jol is like the complete opposite. I would love to have a manager like O'Neill in the team who shows optimism and engagement on the field. I think a manager like O'Neill is exactly what we need at the moment. Just sayin'.   Really enjoyed this game - O'Neill for president.  065.gif
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Jimpav

Maybe, like me, he's pleased because it's the only prediction he got right this week.

White Noise

In the Poll we did after Hughes left Jol was clear favourite to replace him but Martin O'Neill scored a lot of votes as well and was well clear of anyone else in second.

He still has a house close to Craven Cottage and must know MAF well given how often he has been to the ground.

He will almost certainly manage us eventually.

Plenty on here don't like him though.

Bilet

Average manager. 5th highest wage budget in the Premier League with AV, managed 6th and got lots of praise for it. Would only happen with a british manager I'm afraid. Remeber he left AV just because of that. The club couldn't handle the spend he was aiming for.

Wouldn't change Jol for him anytime!

Mitch

Loves the £££ for his transfers and wages, so don't think he'll ever come here.

BalDrick

'He will almost certainly manage us eventually.'

I'm starting to wonder if he will actually - used to think he would but the timing keeps being wrong - walked out on Villa days after we'd appointed Hughes (I think) and until 48 hours ago was a free agent, at a time when some questions are starting to be asked about Jol. (Albeit I suspect not questions asked where it matters - Fayed is far from trigger-happy sacking managers, if anything he can be too slow.)

FWIW, I used to be a big admirer of O'Neill until it was pointed out to me that his sides are not renowned for playing great football - Villa did for a while under him until Young and Milner were sold under him. I can't, for instance, see Dembele playing in an O'Neill side.

Can't knock the fact the guy's got something though - 2 goals in the last 6 minutes to win today. Didn't watch any of the game I should add so perhaps Sunderland were knocking all afternoon and were due them, I don't know.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

HatterDon

Quote from: Jimpav on December 11, 2011, 03:30:20 PM
Maybe, like me, he's pleased because it's the only prediction he got right this week.

which means we're tied, pard!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimpav

Quote from: HatterDon on December 11, 2011, 04:06:32 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on December 11, 2011, 03:30:20 PM

which means we're tied, pard!

I'm going to 'fess up and admit that on closer inspection I actually had this down as a 2-2 :doh:

So the plaudits are all yours! :HD:

Mitch

Had it as 2-1, so I'm happy. Need Spurs to pull 2 goals back and it'll be a perfect day!

Travers Barney

The Sunderland v Blackburn game was awful...if we finish below either of them at the end of the season I'd be both surprised and disappointed.

We are the whites
We are the whites

Burt

Apart from Celtic, MON has not really done that much. His reputation seems to be well ahead of his achievements.

ron

Quote from: Burt on December 11, 2011, 07:22:17 PM
Apart from Celtic, MON has not really done that much. His reputation seems to be well ahead of his achievements.

He certainly did well at Wycombe, changing a relegated, non-league club in to a established league outfit. Not prem league stuff I admit, but an early indicator of what he can do with what he has. As I mentioned in another thread, I shall be watching how our progress compares with Sunderland's.