watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WHY I OUGHTTA!....

Started by Tktd, March 15, 2010, 11:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Pretty annoyed having read this... well not annoyed but think they should learn to give up!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/smalling-hopes-fulham-help-maidstone-man-utd-cash-700971

Smalling hopes Fulham help Maidstone with Man Utd cash

14.03.10 | tribalfootball.com

Fulham defender Chris Smalling hopes his £10 million move to Manchester United can save his former club Maidstone United.

The homeless Ryman League minnows are in danger of going out of business and Smalling is pondering a personal plea to Mohammed Al Fayed.

Smalling and Maidstone hope that Fulham owner Al Fayed will agree to fork out at least five per cent of the £10m banked for a player who cost his club nothing two years ago.

Maidstone's veteran general manager Bill Williams told the Sunday Express: "Chris really shouldn't be involved in politics but we don't get any help from anyone. We have asked Fulham for an extra ex-gratia payment but they said that what they have offered is a full and final payment.

"They have had the chance to test their morals and have made their decision. I've been round the block enough times to know that's the way of the world. But 10 per cent of what they are getting for Chris would probably save our club from extinction."

------------------

We've done everything we've said and more in regards to the deal and have arguably given them and their situation as much publicity as possible through the care we've given smalling and the opportunity to get such a move to Utd, he's going, he's no longer our problem come the end of the season. If they want to pull on someones heart strings why don't they just ask Smalling to help out, he's got more of a connection with them and if he does continue to improve then he'll be earning ridiculous amouns of money. They're trying to force our hand before the eggs hatched and I personall think their stance on this and their attittude is extemely un-professional! They should learn to speak before the say things to journalists like this!

finnster01

In the ideal world and when Adam and Eve were still around, lets help them.

However, the harsh reality is that we are in much bigger debts than Maidstone is, and Smalling should be smart enough to keep his trap shut. I am sure Roy will have a word.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Doctor

I don't mean to sound harsh, but we gave them a goodwill payment last summer that they were grateful for.  There is also a clause in the deal that says we will make another payment when Smalling makes 10 appearances for us, which hopefully he will do.

But come on, Maidstone.  You had the chance to put a sell-on clause in the deal.  You can't rely on charity/old boys forever.

leonffc

Its also a bit annoying that Smalling has poked his nose in. If he's that concerned why doesn't he give his signing on fee to them

Fernhurst

If Smalling has got involved as Tribal Football report (what a daft name) he has been a very silly boy.

Political radar not working Chris?? - apparently an intelligent lad with an 'ology an everyfink.

Naive - comes to mind Chris..... still....... you'll learn  :007: 

Lighthouse

Well poor old Smalling - wait a minute - He is not poor now is he? I agree that may be Mr Smalling could give over some of his wages that Fulham have foolishly paid him or the money he will have at United or ... This really is The Millionaire saying 'but what is the government doing to pay my poor workers more'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LRCN

they sound almost pathetically desperate... we gave them 50 grand with promise of more depending how much smalling plays for us completely out of goodwill... don't bite the hand that feeds you

LBNo11

...I subscribe to 'NewsNow' and they give you an option to not see certain 'link' pages.

Tribal football is the only one I have taken off of the list - why, because they are the most pathetic bunch of hacks who make wild assumptions and publish as facts, and they copy and embellish other news stories to suit their brand of sensationalism. They are the TalkSport of the football web...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fernhurst

Thanks LB - I kind'a suspected that .....the sentance " considering going to Mr Fayed personally" didn't ring at all true. You'd need to be some sort of numbskull.....

Oh well..... your'e not Naive Chris.... you didn't even speak to them

HatterDon

A few years back, American Mike warned all of us on FulhamUSA.com to stop citing Tribal Football as a source for anything -- on pain of being banned!

It's difficult for a news source to be less reliable than The Sun and The Daily Mirror, but Tribal Football manages it.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel