https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (12/12/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 12, 2011, 08:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Davies delighted with early return
by DAN on DECEMBER 11, 2011

Simon Davies was surprised but very pleased to make a quicker than expected return from his knee injury at Swansea yesterday.

The Welsh winger started Fulham's 2-0 defeat at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday after missing four months of action having injured his knee in Martin Jol's first game in charge of the Cottagers against NSI Runavik back in June. After injuries to Danny Murphy and Steve Sidwell left Jol short of options in midfield, Davies played alongside Dickson Etuhu in central midfield and lasted 77 minutes before being replaced by Orlando Sa as Fulham went in search of an equaliser.

Davies was delighted to be back but had thought he would have to feature in a couple more reserve games before making his first-team return at some point over the festive period.

I've had the all clear from the physio for about a week or so, and to be honest, I had been looking at the Christmas fixtures for a possible return.

I had hoped to get four of five reserve team games in first, as the first team is a tough place to get your fitness levels back up.

I'm still a long way off where I need to be, but the injuries we have here meant I was needed.

Davies also admitted it was tough to play in Wales so soon after the sudden death of national coach Gary Speed.

Gary was a fantastic guy, and like everyone else, it was a complete shock for me.

The 32 year-old was disappointed with the result on his return to one of his local sides, believing that a draw would have been a fairer outcome.

We knew it would be a tough game because Swansea keep the ball well and we had a lot of defending to do at times. But it was just disappointing because, after they scored, I thought we really put the pressure on them – especially with the penalty.

I think a draw at the end of it would have been a fair result, because we had some really good chances. But all credit to Swansea because they played football really well.

It says a lot that their 'keeper was man of the match. He saved two really good chances and obviously there was the penalty save as well. But, at this level, as we know from the last few years – you have to take your chances.

Davies is confident Fulham can bounce back from their Swansea setback and reach the knockout phase of the Europa League by beating Odense at Craven Cottage on Wednesday.

We've got a big week. It was a big game today, we've got a big one on Wednesday in Europe and Bolton at home on Saturday, so two big matches to take us into Christmas week which hopefully we'll be going into on the back of two good wins.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/davies-delighted-with-early-return/?

WhiteJC

It's Jol over! Zamora set for Fulham exit after striker suffers Swansea snub

Sunderland, Tottenham and Queens Park Rangers will lead the chase to sign Bobby Zamora.

The Fulham striker was left out of manager Martin Jol's squad for the visit to Swansea on Saturday.

And that could prove the catalyst for a January move as Zamora looks to regain his England place.

Exit: Bobby Zamora has struggled to hold down a place at Fulham

Zamora had a meeting with boss Jol on Friday and it was made clear to him that he wouldn't be travelling to Wales.

Jol, who opted to start with Andy Johnson up front, said: 'Bobby is probably not the best ­substitute to have on the bench. I made the decision to play Johnson because he works hard in training.

'The last couple of weeks I played with Mousa Dembele and Bobby and I thought it was time to play Johnson again.

Snub: Martin Jol left Zamora out of his squad for the trip to Swansea

'I don't have a problem with any player, the only thing I want is players to give 100 per cent to this club. Then there is no problem.

'I make decisions for the club and I told Bobby I would not take him to Swansea.

'But I still feel he wants to play for this club.'

Party time: Swansea celebrate during their home win over Fulham
Shot-shy Sunderland are in the market for a striker as new manager Martin O'Neill looks to bolster his attacking options.

And, according to The People, the Black Cats will be joined in the race by Zamora's former club Tottenham, and QPR.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2072711/Bobby-Zamora-set-leave-Fulham.html#ixzz1gJ1Vb5E8

WhiteJC

Zamora Puzzle

Not included in the squad of eighteen yesterday, many Fulham supporters would have been puzzled by the exclusion of Bobby Zamora from Martin Jol`s plans.

Had Bobby picked up an unfortunate injury was one line of enquiry.

Well apparently not! It transpires that Martin Jol had decided that Fulham didn`t need Bobby in their plans for the trip to Swansea.

The man in charge had decreed that our highly rated centre-forward was surplus to requirements and that Sa and Frei were far better options.

Or as Martin put it when pressed on the matter,

"Bobby is probably not the best substitute to have on the bench. I made the decision to play Johnson because he words hard in training."

"The last couple of weeks I played with Mousa Dembele and Bobby and I thought it was time to play Johnson again."

"I don`t have a problem with any player; the only thing I want is player sot give 100 per cent to this club. Then there is no problem."

"I make decisions for the club and I told Bobby I would not take him to Swansea."

"But I still feel he wants to play for this club."

he may well do but with aspirations of going to the Euro 2012 finals, with England, don`t be surprised if there is a showdown soon with Bobby possibly moving on in the January transfer window.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=265360#ixzz1gJ2GCKyt

WhiteJC

More Mumbo Jumbo?

It was a familiar story on the road yesterday, another defeat.

The difference being though; is that if you harbour serious ambitions of finishing high up the table surely you should be looking to get a result on the grounds of those teams that only got promoted last year.

After the game Martin Jol spoke about events and the possibility of bring in some new faces in January, commenting,

"I would like to strengthen here in January but it is about finding the specific players."

"Even before Clint`s penalty I thought we had chances. But the penalty situation was an ideal situation - if we had scored."

"The second goal would not have happened because it was down to the way we reacted to a set-piece. We have a good squad here and I don`t think there will be too many moves in January. I`m not worried about Bobby because I still think he wants to play for the club."

I can`t say there`s anything in those words to impress me. Is anyone else starting to have doubts about Jol?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=265359#ixzz1gJ2ariBs

WhiteJC

The compelling case for Kerim Frei

With the possible exception of the timely return of Simon Davies, the only potential positive to draw from another bleak Fulham performance on the road was the latest exciting cameo from Swiss teenager Kerim Frei. The 18 year-old is making a habit of delivering dynamic displays off the bench – leading many to ask whether he should become a more integral part of Martin Jol's side – and his league debut at the Liberty Stadium didn't disappoint.

Fulham's attacking threat was almost insignificant for much of the game and the visitors only really seemed to go at Swansea once they had gone behind to Clint Dempsey's freak own goal. Even then, much of Fulham's play was depressingly predictable with a narrow front three of Ruiz, Dembele and Dempsey largely passing the around in front of the Swansea back four. Rarely did they break behind the Swansea defence and when they managed to plot a way through, they found Michel Vorm in outstanding form.

Frei might still be very raw but he's a prodigious talent. We saw from his outstanding full debut at Chelsea in the League Cup earlier in the season that he possesses the pace and trickery of an old-fashioned winger despite his frail build. He's got that confidence of youth too and has the one thing that most of Fulham's wide players lack – the ability and desire to attack and beat a full back. Frei's introduction for Moussa Dembele with 13 minutes to play yesterday was an attacking move from Jol (although it could have come a little sooner) and offered some genuine width that had been so apparently absent to that point.

Frei's pace and dribbling ability frighten even the most experienced of defenders. He surprised Alex at Stamford Bridge this season and he won the penalty that might have turned this game too. The build-up to it is as instructive as the end of his run, though. Frei cuts inside from the left, where he offered far more in terms of adventure than the overlapping John Arne Riise had mustered, and takes on Ashley Williams. The defender isn't sure which way he's going and Frei surges past on the inside. Faced with very little room to scamper away from Jazz Richards, Frei shifts the ball and makes for the gap before being crudely brought to ground. It was a memorising run and no wonder several of his team-mates were swiftly over to the congratulate 'the little fella,' as Jol amiably described him.

Though you obviously have to guard against burnout with a youngster who is clearly still developing physically, Frei needs games to aid his development. He won't get any better sitting on the bench or having the odd run-out in the reserves and he's demonstrated the ability to really worry defenders. With Bryan Ruiz ineligible for Wednesday's make-or-break Europa League tie against Odense, Frei should be given the freedom of Craven Cottage to carry Fulham into the next round. The little Swiss magician deserves a greater slice of first-team action. He's certainly making a compelling case for himself.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/the-compelling-case-for-kerim-frei/?

WhiteJC

Fulham watching Whittaker

A report in today's Daily Record claims that Fulham are keeping tabs on Rangers full-back Steven Whittaker.

Martin Jol has placed a new right back high on his list of potential arrivals in the January transfer window after injury ended Zdenek Grygera's season and personal reasons have ruled Chris Baird out of recent matches. Whittaker, who has made 197 appearances in more than four years at Ibrox since a £2m move from Hibernian, signed a new long-term contract worth more than a £1m a year last season but such is the club's dire financial position that Rangers wouldn't be able to turn down a big offer.

The sticking point might well be Rangers' valuation of their 27 year-old Scottish international. Fulham would reportedly be willing to stretch to £3.5m to bring Whittaker down south, but the Scottish giants are ready to hold out for something more like £5m. Rangers owner Craig Whyte would like to make a dent in the club's massive wage bill, although manager Ally McCoist is keen not to lose any of his key players as the race for the SPL title hots up.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/fulham-watching-whittaker/?

WhiteJC

Trotta scores again

On-loan striker Marcello Trotta scored again as Wycombe clinched a last-gasp win against Chesterfield yesterday afternoon.

The Italian teenager finished clinically from around 25 yards to score a second equaliser in a goalfest at Adams' Park. It was Trotta's second goal in as many games since joining Wycombe on loan from Fulham in November. He had also popped up with his first senior goal against MK Dons just two days after his arrival.

You can see the goal at the end of this video:
The best of Marcello Trotta

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/trotta-scores-again/?

WhiteJC

Boss denies Zamora bust-up talk

Fulham manager Martin Jol has dismissed speculation of a falling-out with Bobby Zamora after he was omitted from the squad at Swansea.

Jol's decision backfired as without the England international striker the Cottagers crashed to a 2-0 defeat in South Wales after goals by Scott Sinclair and Danny Graham.

Clint Dempsey, who deflected Sinclair's effort into his own net, also missed the chance to score an equaliser when the Swans were only one up after Karim Frei won a penalty with four minutes left.

The talk after the game, however, was all about the absence of Zamora but Jol is adamant there is nothing sinister behind his exclusion.

He said: "I made the decision on Thursday to play Andrew Johnson because he works hard in training. The last couple of weeks we played with Mousa Dembele and Bobby up front and I thought the time was there to play Andrew Johnson again.

"I don't have any problem with any player. The only thing I want is for them to give 100 per cent to the club and then there is no problem.

"I need all my players. We have another important game (against Odense) on Wednesday and Bryan Ruiz can't play in Europe , we have a few little injuries so I need all my players.

"He (Zamora) is probably not the player who is the best substitute so I thought it was better to wait for next week and important games coming up. He wants to play for this club."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/boss-denies-zamora-bust-up-talk-1352739.html?

WhiteJC

Bobby finally crosses moral borderline

We've seen it before and we'll no doubt see it again. Jimmy Bullard got a taste of the high life in 2008 after becoming Fabio Capello's joker card, literally, in a World Cup qualifying match against Andorra. He didn't feature in the tie but his effervescent grin illuminated a pre-match press conference and he got an addiction for the big time.

Subsequently, he moved to Hull City in order to increase his weekly income twofold. Few could argue it was a move founded upon football reasoning.

While he may have avoided a public dressing-down from Mohammed Al Fayed in doing so, which, in fairness, is difficult to do if you upset him even to the slightest degree, he didn't steer clear of the Fulham fan's discontent. He got it from all angles - even Roy Hodgson chipped in with his characteristic charm.

It would seem, however, that for all the anger we've felt as fans of our club over the years - Mark Hughes and Lawrie Sanchez to name but a few - Bobby Zamora seemingly wants to get in on the act. He wants to prove to us all that there really is no loyalty in football any more.

Of course, it's difficult to truly comment on speculation. It's been widely reported that manager, Martin Jol, and Bobby Zamora have had a couple's tiff. Supposedly, it stems from the tactics of our new manager, and how Zamora feels they're not quite as stupendous as they should be.

By all accounts, he may be onto something. We haven't enjoyed a thrilling start to the season despite possessing what Brede Hangeland calls the best Fulham side he's witnessed since joining. Jol hasn't quite mastered the role, naming it his 'hardest job in management', while offering consistent scapegoats in the age of the squad and the lack of firepower.

He's still the man in charge though, and he has more credentials than Zamora can acclaim to. Not only did he take Tottenham Hotspur to a lasagne's width away from Champions League football, but he's reinvigorated minor Dutch sides such as Roda JC and RKC Waalwijk.

Who's Zamora to undermine him? An England international, yes, but is he even captain? Does he even deserve his role in the starting line up at any rate?

Because, while the bust-ups could be authentic rumour-mongering, his lackluster performances have been free for all to observe. Whether he feels his boots are too big for Fulham, or whether he simply can't put his differences behind him, the striker has been lethargic, demotivated and purely invisible on the football pitch.

Even in the win against Liverpool, he appeared disinterested and incapable of putting together some sort of traceable enthusiasm. Perhaps he forgot we were paying him almost three times more in a week than anyone in the crowd earned in a year. The fans had paid to watch their beloved Fulham perform, but if he's not prepared to put in a respectable shift, then why should he have a place in the first eleven?

And I'm not just speaking about a lack of goals. Even his hold up play isn't prevalent. He just doesn't want to play, and what right does he have to do that?

He's crossed the moral line and it's genuinely disappointing that he's done so. Zamora is a player of boundless ability and is a rare breed in these Premier League days of foreign imports and financial bafflement, but, unfortunately, his latest misdemeanor isn't anything we can consider rare at all.

He wants to go and we shouldn't step in his way. That he is such an integral part of our team becomes irrelevant when he won't even fulfil his duty.

Fair enough Bobby, don't play for Jol, but you should at least play for Fulham. Either that, or it's Hull City for you.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/12/11/2628651/bobby-finally-crosses-moral-borderline?

WhiteJC

Win Fulham v Bolton tickets!

A pair of tickets to Saturday's clash at Craven Cottage up for grabs

EA SPORTS™, the Official Sports Technology Partner of the Premier League, has teamed up with the Fulham Chronicle to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets to your team's next Barclays Premier League Match. The winner will also receive a copy of FIFA 12.

EA SPORTS is the proud sponsor of the Premier League Player Performance Index. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index is the Barclay Premier League's official statistical index of all 20 Barclays Premier League teams.

The EA SPORTS Team of the Week will be available at www.premierleague.com after each round of the Barclays Premier League. The team will be based on ratings from the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.

To stand a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:

What is Bolton's nickname?

To enter, visit our Facebook page, Fulham FC News, click 'like' and post your answer underneath the question.

Closing date for entries is midday Monday. Normal competition rules apply.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/12/11/win-fulham-v-bolton-tickets-82029-29937234/?#ixzz1gJ4ihMx2

WhiteJC

Zamora left in limbo after Jol refuses to confirm he'll be back for Europe
Swansea 2 Fulham 0

Martin Jol has cast further uncertainty over the future of Bobby Zamora by refusing to confirm the England striker's return to the Fulham squad for Wednesday's Europa League tie against Odense BK.

Zamora, who has been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage in the January transfer window, with Aston Villa, Sunderland and Queen's Park Rangers reportedly interested, was omitted from the 19-man party that travelled to Swansea.

Yet when Jol was asked directly if star forward Zamora, who made his full England international debut against Sweden last month, would make a comeback against the Danish outfit, Jol responded: "I feel that we made a decision for Andy Johnson. I made the decision on Thursday and left Bobby at home.

"Andy Johnson has not been in the team for weeks, maybe a month. He was doing terrifically in training, he worked hard, and every time he played he did well and scored, in the Europa League as well. He did well against QPR with his hat-trick and this was the time to let him play."

Swansea's 2-0 win over the visiting Londoners could prove to be pivotal in the Welsh club's effort to avoid relegation. Scott Sinclair's deflected effort put the home side ahead but Fulham were thrown a lifeline in the 87th minute when referee Jonathan Moss pointed to the spot after the Swansea full-back Jazz Richards was adjudged to have upended Karim Frei. Clint Dempsey stepped up from 12 yards but Swansea keeper Michel Vorm saved the spot-kick, allowing the Liberty Stadium to breathe a huge sigh of relief – and then celebrate when Danny Graham sealed the win with a second goal in stoppage time.

Scorers: Swansea City Sinclair 56, Graham 90.

Substitutes: Swansea Agustien 6 (Moore, 69), Grahamm (Lita, 76), Dyer (Routledge, 89). Fulham

Frei (Dembele, 77), Sa (Davies, 79).

Booked: Swansea Vorm. Fulham Senderos.

Man of the match Vorm.

Match rating 7/10.

Possession: Swansea 56% Fulham 44%.

Attempts on target: Swansea 8 Fulham 7.

Referee J Moss (West Yorkshire).

Attendance 19,296.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/zamora-left-in-limbo-after-jol-refuses-to-confirm-hell-be-back-for-europe-6275722.html?

WhiteJC

UNHAPPY BOBBY ZAMORA IS ON QPR'S RADAR

QPR will head the chase for Bobby Zamora, who is inching closer to an exit from Fulham after being left out of the side on Saturday.

Fulham boss Martin Jol instead picked Andy Johnson at Swansea and did not even take Zamora to sit on the bench as he felt he would not make a good substitute. The pair have clashed in training this season and Zamora knows he needs first-team football to keep his place in Fabio Capello's England squad for the Euro 2012 finals.

QPR's Neil Warnock is a long-time admirer and has money to spend in January. Sunderland's new boss Martin O'Neill also desperately needs a striker and is expected to make an enquiry.

Relations between Jol and Zamora are strained and when asked if Zamora will start Wednesday's crunch Europa League clash with Odense at Craven Cottage, Jol said: "I don't know. We have to look at the team. Johnson has not been in the team for weeks, maybe a month.

"Zamora is probably not the player who is the best substitute, so I thought it was better to wait for next week and important games coming up. He wants to play for this club."

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/289439/Unhappy-Bobby-Zamora-is-on-QPR-s-radar?

WhiteJC

Jol rues Dempsey penalty miss as Vorm wins mind games

MARTIN JOL insisted Clint Dempsey should have won the mind games with Michel Vorm after claiming Fulham were good enough for a Liberty Stadium point, writes Chris Wathan.

Fulham boss Jol could not hide his frustration that American Dempsey failed to convert his 87th minute penalty, delayed as Vorm attempted to psyche-out the midfielder.

And although Dutchman Jol hailed the ability of his compatriot in the Swansea goal, he insisted his Cottagers side had enough chances to have denied the Swans a fourth home win and a seventh clean sheet.

"We were comfortable. We created chances, then we had the penalty situation and it was the ideal scenario," said Jol. "But it was not to be.

"I think we did enough to get a point.We could have scored a couple after the own goal where we took matters into our own hands.

"It is normal to sometimes only really get going when you have to score because we contained them and perhaps we were too comfortable.

"You could see then that we can play as well because they are a good footballing team, especially at home. And when you get a penalty five minutes from the end away from home it's the ideal scenario.

"Vorm has shown great reflexes and he is a good keeper. Was Dempsey affected by the delay? I hope not because there is always psychology in football. Penalty kicks are a great opportunity to score a goal and you would hope whatever he does you still put the ball away."

Jol made two surprise decisions at the Liberty with Simon Davies starting after just 70 minutes of reserve team football in six months and Bobby Zamora not even travelling to South Wales.

It prompted reports of a fall-out between the striker and Jol, but the Fulham chief said: "I don't have any problem with any player.

"I made the decision on Thursday to play Andy Johnson because he works hard in training and the last couple of weeks we have played with Dembele and Bobby and I thought the time was right to play Andy Johnson."

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swanseacityfc/swansea-city-fc/2011/12/12/jol-rues-dempsey-penalty-miss-as-vorm-wins-mind-games-91466-29935521/?#ixzz1gJ66fjEE

WhiteJC

Villa join list of suitors for Zamora after tensions with Fulham boss Jol deepen

Left at home: Fulham rested striker Bobby Zamora
for the defeat at Swansea on Saturday

Aston Villa have joined Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers in the race to sign Bobby Zamora from Fulham.

The England striker's icy relationship with manager Martin Jol cooled further when he was left out of the Cottagers squad for the defeat at Swansea on Saturday.

Jol insisted after that Zamora was still part of his plans but the 30-year-old forward wants to seal a place in England's squad for Euro 2012 and so could be open for a move away from Craven Cottage.

Tottenham could also be ready to make an offer to their former player, but Villa boss Alex McLeish is a big fan of Zamora.

McLeish wnats a new striker, midfielder and right-back in the January transfer window, according to The Mirror.

Zamora had a meeting with boss Jol on Friday and it was made clear to him that he wouldn't be travelling to the match in Wales.

Jol, who opted to start with Andy Johnson up front, said: 'Bobby is probably not the best ­substitute to have on the bench. I made the decision to play Johnson because he works hard in training.

Euro 2012 dream: Zamora is chasing a place in England's squad next summer

'The last couple of weeks I played with Mousa Dembele and Bobby and I thought it was time to play Johnson again.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2072996/Bobby-Zamora-wanted-Aston-Villa-Sunderland-QPR.html#ixzz1gJ6UdDmS

WhiteJC

Jol salutes his compatriot and hints at Zamora recall

MARTIN Jol paid tribute to the reflexes of Michel Vorm after he denied Fulham a point.

Swansea City's keeper produced a stunning stop in the closing stages from Clint Dempsey's penalty, awarded after Jazz Richards's challenge on Karim Frei.

Jol said: "After the goal we took control and created chances and to get the penalty at the end, it was awful to see Clint miss but this is football.

"We had it before against Chelsea, the keeper showed great reflexes."

It was a miserable day for Dempsey, who had earlier deflected Scott Sinclair's goalbound effort beyond Mark Schwarzer for Swansea's opener.

Jol felt his side had paid the price for being too confident with the score at 0-0.

He said: "We were almost too confident, we have had four or five good away games before this.

"We took control after the goal and they had to defend, we had the penalty and we were all congratulating the little fellow (Frei)."

Jol had left striker Bobby Zamora out of his squad amid speculation of a falling out between the pair.

The Dutchman played down those rumours but would not say whether the England forward would return for the midweek Europa League clash with Odense.

"We will have a look at the team and see," he said.

"Andrew Johnson has not been in the team in recent weeks or months but he has worked hard in training and has scored goals in the Europa League so now was the time to play him."

He added: "I made the decision on Thursday to play Andrew Johnson because he works hard in training.

"The last couple of weeks we played with Mousa Dembele and Bobby up front and I thought the time was there to play Andrew Johnson again.

"I don't have any problem with any player. The only thing I want is for them to give 100 per cent to the club and then there is no problem.

"I need all my players. We have another important game (against Odense) on Wednesday and Bryan Ruiz can't play in Europe, we have a few little injuries so I need all my players.

"He (Zamora ) is probably not the player who is the best substitute so I thought it was better to wait for next week and important games coming up. He wants to play for this club."

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story-14114113-detail/story.html?

WhiteJC

Rangers star Steven Whittaker being tracked by Fulham

RANGERS defender Steven Whittaker is on Fulham's list of January transfer targets.

Craven Cottage boss Martin Jol wants to revamp his squad and plans to make a number of changes next month.

MailSport can reveal Whittaker has been mentioned as a possible recruit and the Craven Cottage club would be willing to pay up to £3.5million.

However, Ibrox sources have made it clear Whittaker is valued at a minimum of £5m.

Rangers, though, can't afford to completely rule out any bids.

Whittaker, 27, signed a lucrative long-term contract last summer, which earns him in the region of £1m a year, and Gers onwer Craig Whyte has expressed concern about the wage bill.

Boss Ally McCoist would like to keep all his top-team stars for the title run-in – but also knows he will have to shed a few players to bring in funds and trim the weekly outgoings.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/12/11/rangers-star-steven-whittaker-being-tracked-by-fulham-86908-23625612/

WhiteJC

Jol: Eur OK with me, Bobby

MARTIN JOL hinted Bobby Zamora could return for Fulham as they bid for Euro glory.

The Cottagers boss axed the England striker from his squad for Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Swansea, amid reports the pair had a training ground bust-up.

Jol said: "Bobby didn't travel. He is probably not the best substitute so I thought I'd wait for next week and the important games coming up."

Zamora looks certain to quit Craven Cottage next month, with Spurs and QPR keen on signing him.

But Jol may recall the star to his starting line-up for Wednesday's Europa League crunch at home to Danish outfit Odense BK.

He said: "I don't have a problem with any player — I need them all."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3992277/Bobby-Zamora-set-for-Europa-League-recall.html

WhiteJC

Jol insists Zamora has Fulham future

Fulham boss Martin Jol has quashed suggestions that his relationship with striker Bobby Zamora has broken down completely.

Reports on Sunday suggested Zamora was set to exit the Cottagers in January after he was omitted from the squad that lost 2-0 to Swansea at the weekend.

Earlier in the season newspaper stories claimed that Jol and Zamora had been involved in a furious training ground bust-up. But the England striker - who has been linked with Aston Villa and QPR - still has a future at Craven Cottage, according to Jol.

"Bobby didn't travel [to Swansea]," Jol said. "He is probably not the best substitute so I thought I'd wait for next week and the important games coming up. I don't have a problem with any players - I need them all."

Fulham face a crunch Europa League clash at home to Odense BK on Wednesday, which Zamora could feature in. He has scored three goals in 11 league appearances this season.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/125906.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

WhiteJC

Aston Villa set to Make Shock Move for £4m Rated England International Striker

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish is preparing to step up his pursuit of a new striker and has set his sights on Fulham's Bobby Zamora, according to reports in the Daily Mirror.

McLeish has previously tried to sign Zamora in the past when he was in charge of Birmingham City in 2010.

The 30-year-old moved to Craven Cottage from Upton Park for £4.8million in 2008, however Zamora has has found himself on the bench in recent weeks including the game against Swansea City.

So far this season Aston Villa have only managed to score 18 goals in 15 Premier League games and McLeish is eager to bring more firepower to Villa Park once the January transfer window opens for business and feels Zamora would be ideal.

The England international would also be a keen for a move as he is eager to get into Fabio Capello's Euro 2012 squad and Aston Villa are planning to make a £4m bid for Zamora.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/aston-villa-set-to-make-shock-move-for-4m-rated-england-international-striker-14174/?

WhiteJC

Fresh striker link

Everton are one of a number of clubs showing an interest in Fulham's England striker Bobby Zamora who looks set to leave the Cottagers.

Zamora was not in the squad for the clash with Swansea at the weekend and did not travel with the party and this has led to speculation that he will be on his way in the New Year.

He apparently does not see eye to eye with Fulham boss Martin Jol and Zamora is desperate to play regular first-team football as he needs to keep himself in Fabio Capello's England thoughts with Euro 2012 approaching.

Asked why he did not feature on the bench at Swansea, Jol said: "Zamora is probably not the player who is the best substitute, so I thought it was better to wait for next week and important games coming up.

"He wants to play for this club."

Moyes has been linked with a host of strikers and Zamora is the latest in a long line and it remains to be seen if he could afford him even if, which is doubtful, Fulham were to be persuaded to sell.

http://www.clubcall.com/everton/fresh-striker-link-2-1353211.html?