watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Murphy Fined 10 Large For Storming Off At West Brom

Started by White Noise, December 14, 2011, 07:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3996732/Martin-Jol-has-told-Bobby-Zamora-Carry-on-sulking.html

Jol: I don't care if you sulk, Bobby  

By ANDREW DILLON

Published: Today

MARTIN JOL has told Bobby Zamora: Carry on sulking.

Fulham's hardline boss is taking no nonsense from his big-name stars.

He has also crossed swords with Danny Murphy and Andy Johnson in a turbulent Craven Cottage campaign.

And the big Dutchman reckons pricking the players' egos is his way of trying to bring the best out of an under-achieving and ageing squad.

Firebrand Zamora and Jol clashed again last weekend, when the England Euro 2012 hopeful was left out of the trip to Swansea. The brooding striker is expected to start tonight's must-win Europa League clash against Odense.

Jol, though, admitted: "There will be one or two in the starting eleven who don't like me.

"But it's about doing the business for the club and getting the best out of them. It's not provocation, it's inspiration and trying to stimulate them. It would never be personal.

"Even when I don't like them, I wouldn't tell them. I am a good actor.

"Some players are nice to you and you have a good relationship. But nothing is as it seems and some players sulk. I have to be honest and open.

"Has Bobby sulked? We're different. I like him. In any team you have pressure to perform. I had the same with Andy Johnson and Danny Murphy.

"I hope I can get the best out of Bobby. There are players who want to play in every game but I make the decisions. I can't make all the players happy by playing them all the time.

"It was the same a couple of months ago. I left him out when we went to Odense and he was moaning he was not going with us.

"I thought I did a good thing resting him. But players always have different opinions. For me, the main thing is that we get the best out of them and they give 100 per cent.

"I feel we are on a good track. If you look at his best season he scored eight league goals. He is on three now.

"I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he told me 'I love this club'.

"I love the team. There's not one player who has told me he doesn't want to play for this club."

Skipper Murphy has been clobbered by Jol's tough new disciplinary code — fined £10,000 for storming off the pitch after being subbed at West Brom.

Leading scorer Johnson, suspended tonight, is still to sign a new contract with barely six months left on it.

Fulham must win to guarantee a place in the Europa League's last 32.

Left-back John Arne Riise said: "I'd be devastated if we didn't go through."

ClarksOriginal

WN, Didn't Joanna just say on Twitter that this is fabricated?
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

finnster01

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 14, 2011, 11:42:23 AM

Didn't know he was shagging Joanna Lumley  :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: finnster01 on December 14, 2011, 11:44:22 AM

Didn't know he was shagging Joanna Lumley  :58:
:005: :58:

Some other Joanna sort, Joanna Taylor, Google it and you'll love it! ;)
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

AlFayedsChequebook

ClarksOriginal

IMO, it should be naff all, if he feels that passionate about the team then, I for one, am glad to have him as club captain.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Logicalman

uh-huh, yet another 'headline' from 'The Pun'

Apparently The Beano is also carrying this story, so it must be accurate!!! :011:

White Noise

She did indeed. My tweet prompted her to go and ask Danny and she came back and said he says he got fined £1k. So in a single day on Twitter I have initiated the break up of the Captain's marriage and got a tweet from Steve Sidwell - the only one I've had from a 1st team player in 15,372 tweets!

Quitting at the top! :54:

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: White Noise on December 14, 2011, 12:21:43 PM

She did indeed. My tweet prompted her to go and ask Danny and she came back and said he says he got fined £1k. So in a single day on Twitter I have initiated the break up of the Captain's marriage and got a tweet from Steve Sidwell - the only one I've had from a 1st team player in 15,372 tweets!

Quitting at the top! :54:

Saw the Sidders tweet too, what a top bloke!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.