watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

for the first time since the final...

Started by michaelread, December 14, 2011, 02:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelread

Im REALLY up for a Euro match. Cant sleep, too excited. Do or die is what its all about...COYW!

Mitch

It's the first game with anything riding on it really. COYW!

The Doctor

Strangely, I'm not.  Don't know why.  I'm still going, but I'm not buzzing like I was 2 years ago in Basle.  I suppose last time it was real backs-to-the-wall stuff whereas this time a win against a very beatable side will guarantee we progress - even matching Wisla's result will do that (although obviously I hope that Twente absolutely spank them out of sight)

ImperialWhite

I'm with The Doctor.

Can't get too excited - we're at home and the opposition isn't good enough to represent any real risk of going out (same goes for Twente/Wisla).

(obviously we've jinxed it and you can blame us when we go out)

MJG

Now on the 'moaning how crap football is now' thread I said about every game being do or die (As MR says below), but its not is it?
Half of us think the europa cup, as fun as it was last time, is a pain in the arse. With the Manchester clubs now in it and other good teams the chances of us getting to the final are small (as they were last time).
I'm more in line with The Doc, we should win, but if we dont get through...I'll be disapointed but it would not be the end of the world.

Tonight I want a few things:

A win (would be nice)
Bobby to prove he still has it and wants to be here.
Frei to start.
For us to take the game to them.

AlFayedsChequebook

To be honest, I am at the point where I am looking forward to the match because midweek nightime games are always fun, but am not that bothered about the game because of the Champions League teams that have dropped down to the EL.

Would be nice to get another round or two in though.

TWFL

I know what you mean, I was thinking exactly how excited I was for tonights game before I came on to FOF..

sipwell

I am excited too. A Fulham win means MORE chance (well: chance) they will actually meet a Belgian team in the next round. Oddly enough, I am rooting for Anderlecht as well. I will however always deny having said that. If Anderlecht wins, then Fulham has a 1 in 8 chance to meet a Belgian team. ONE IN EIGHT!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!