watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January - Time for a Change

Started by Ordar, December 15, 2011, 10:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

After last nights pathetic second half performance, and Zamora particularly being an absolute disgrace attitude wise, its obvious there needs to be some changes in January.

Granted I'm not entirely sure what tactics we're attempting alot of the time, but there is obviously a clear need to make the squad younger, plus get rid of the trouble makers.

My views on outs, and replacements:

OUT

Zamora - Terrible attitude, and been awful all season.
Johnson - Demanding too long a deal for someone his age, with the injuries he's had.
BH Riise - Never going to be a Premier League player
Halliche - See above.

Possible: Murphy - if he's causing issues in the dressing room.

IN

Gignac - Even on loan until the summer. Proven quality player, so close to joining last summer
Maynard - Will be cheap as out of contract this summer. Deserves a chance in the Prem.
Noble - Bit of a gamble, but would add some depth to midfield.
Huddlestone - Might be slightly unrealistic, but is not going to play ahead of Modric and Parker at Spurs

What does everyone else think?

WhiteJC

if both AJ and Bobby go who will be our strikers?
are we sure that Gignac will be the answer?
what will Ruiz be like now that he won't get to play in "Europe"

I don't have the answer(s) however I think that Bobby is back to the way he was before AJ got injured, what he (Bobby) needs is to feel that he is the most important player in the squad, will Jol ever make him feel like that?

if Bobby stays and we get a (relatively) high-priced "star striker" I recon that Bobby's form will go from bad to worse.

Willard

Well if you want to lower the average age here are some more you can add to your list:

Damian Duff
Aaron Hughes
Simon Davies
Mark Schwarzer
Chris Baird
J. A. Riise

Then there are the others who might feel that Fulham is no longer a great place to work including Hangeland and Dempsey. Dembele and Ruiz will be off as soon as 'Arry Boy or whoever can put in a convincing bid.

So, that's that. Yes I am feeling somewhat less than tip top today.

aussierod

Quote from: Ordar on December 15, 2011, 10:58:04 AM
After last nights pathetic second half performance, and Zamora particularly being an absolute disgrace attitude wise, its obvious there needs to be some changes in January.

Granted I'm not entirely sure what tactics we're attempting alot of the time, but there is obviously a clear need to make the squad younger, plus get rid of the trouble makers.

My views on outs, and replacements:

OUT

Zamora - Terrible attitude, and been awful all season.
Johnson - Demanding too long a deal for someone his age, with the injuries he's had.
BH Riise - Never going to be a Premier League player
Halliche - See above.

Possible: Murphy - if he's causing issues in the dressing room.

IN

Gignac - Even on loan until the summer. Proven quality player, so close to joining last summer
Maynard - Will be cheap as out of contract this summer. Deserves a chance in the Prem.
Noble - Bit of a gamble, but would add some depth to midfield.
Huddlestone - Might be slightly unrealistic, but is not going to play ahead of Modric and Parker at Spurs

What does everyone else think?

I don't mind any of those suggestions, I wouldn't be unhappy if any of those left (as well as Duff) and were replaced by the likes suggested, however if losing 2 strikers and bringing some in, I would like 3 brought in as I feel we are still light on up front (Dempsey for me doesn't work up front, he too often needlessly shoots off target).
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

elgreenio

are we even going to be given a reasonable kitty in the window or is it a case of sell to buy? Think Ruiz was more installment based than we're led to believe but it's still a big ol chunk of money. Plus whatever the Riverside revamp will cost (30mil???)
touch my camera through the fence

BalDrick

Quote from: elgreenio on December 15, 2011, 03:53:50 PM
are we even going to be given a reasonable kitty in the window or is it a case of sell to buy? Think Ruiz was more installment based than we're led to believe but it's still a big ol chunk of money. Plus whatever the Riverside revamp will cost (30mil???)

Ironically, the paucity of our performances of late - plus you'd have to assume Jol's close to being put on the naughty step - may well mean a reduction in the funds that would have been available. We all know very few players would have been swayed by the promise of Europa football but I wouldn't mind betting last night's goal may have cost Jol a few quid with the publicity the cup creates, plus Mo will know how much we all enjoyed it last time.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on December 15, 2011, 03:58:21 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on December 15, 2011, 03:53:50 PM

Ironically, the paucity of our performances of late - plus you'd have to assume Jol's close to being put on the naughty step - may well mean a reduction in the funds that would have been available. We all know very few players would have been swayed by the promise of Europa football but I wouldn't mind betting last night's goal may have cost Jol a few quid with the publicity the cup creates, plus Mo will know how much we all enjoyed it last time.

I think Mo is too pragmatic for that. He has always backed the men he feels can take the club forward (Hodgson, Jol) and would not punish him for unfortunate results on the pitch.

I would guess that with Mo, you either have his backing or you don't. If you don't you are fired. Otherwise he will do all he can to help you without interfering with the squad.

aussierod

To be honest, right now I'm all for a 'Newcastle-esque' revamp of the squad, as they freed themselves of their skipper 'Nolan' (sic Murphy), bad boy 'Barton' (Zamora) and contract rebels 'Gutierez' (AJ) and bringing in Cabaye's, Ben Arfa's (albeit he was brought in a season or 2 earlier) and Ba's. Some exciting new talent mixed with the solid back bone we have of Schwarzer/Stockdale, Kelly, Baird, Hughes, Hangerland, Senderos, Riise, Briggs, as well as midfield performers such as Etuhu, Sidwell, Dembele, Ruiz & Dempsey. If we can add some excitement and goals from our strikers up front then we should be more than fine
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

fulham1234

I wish we bought that papiss cisse in the summer, they wanted 13m for him which is only 3m more than what bobby is rumoured to be going for! Looks an absolute beast!

BalDrick

'I would guess that with Mo, you either have his backing or you don't.'

Fear he may have a capricious streak; pretty sure there's previous of him changing his mind.

That said, one has to assume we've done a lot of work in identifying targets already, probably even started negotiations.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town