watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What about this guy?

Started by ElissonSnygg, December 17, 2011, 01:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElissonSnygg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4004179/Transfer-news-Jermain-Defoe-in-Spurs-quit-hint.html

JERMAIN DEFOE has hinted he could quit Tottenham next month if he continues to be left out of the side.

The England strike ace is fed up with sitting on the Spurs bench and fears a lack of games could harm his chances of making Fabio Capello's squad for next summer's Euro 2012 finals.

Defoe, out in the cold at White Hart Lane following the arrival of Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Manchester City, said: "I'm 29, I need to play football. It's as simple as that. There's a tournament in the summer.

"I've been lucky enough to play in one tournament for my country. I want to play in one again as I know if I play in a tournament I'll do well.

"I am working hard in the gym. I did a lot of work in the summer to get to this position and I'm not going to waste it by sitting on the bench when I know I should play.

"If I was about 21 I could sit on my hands. But I'm 29 and want to play football now every week."

Defoe has made just six Premier League starts for Spurs this season,scoring six times.

He started their Europa League clash at Shamrock Rovers on Thursday and scored for Harry Redknapp's second-string side as they crashed out of the tournament, despite winning 4-0 in Dublin.

And with that Euro campaign biting the dust, Defoe is clearly concerned about where his next start will come from.

He is likely to be back on the bench when Sunderland visit White Hart Lane tomorrow.

Defoe said: "It's hard to explain the feeling when you're starting games, scoring, the team is winning and you're not playing in the next game. There's nothing more you can do as a footballer.

"If you're playing well and scoring and, the most important thing, the team is winning, and you are not being picked again, it's difficult. What else am I supposed to do?

"It's well documented that I've been in the team, scored goals and then been taken out of the team. For whatever reason, I don't know.

---

Zamora/Johnson OUT
Gignac/Defoe IN

I say that is quite an improvement!
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

RidgeRider

When Defoe is on, he can score buckets of goals, but there is a reason he is not in the side as much these days. He is dangerous and has pace, at 29, he has a few years left, why not get him in as a short term solution. Wages would be a problem though.

cutbushcitylimits

Would love to see him in our shirt