watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamora is injured

Started by Admin, December 18, 2011, 01:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

He wanted to play today, he was out on the pitch 2 hours before the game and failed a fitness test and it was then decided to rest him once again. Knee injury which has been flared up for a few weeks now and Bobby has been playing on it. could be half the reason he's not been at the races. There you go.

Jack Fulham

Playing players who are injured never works. Time to let him fully recover.

finnster01

Try to get him healed by Jan 1st so we can do a Bullard and sell him to somebody who would take the risk and pay us good money. He doesn't fit into Jol's plans, does not play well in his system (and never will by the way) so you are left with just a number of choices. Get rid of one of them or let both go (my preference).
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Crede15

I'm not ready to give up on Bobby like some are, but at the same time I do wonder if a different type of striker works better with the current team. Some of that is going off today's performance but not all of it.

Dempsey, Dembele, and Ruiz are all somewhat similar players. They can get behind the back four (Ruiz today, Ruiz played Dempsey through against Spurs, etc) but they all like the ball at their feet and then they can look up, dribble, shoot, play the striker through, etc. And you saw that today, even though AJ didn't score Clint and Dembele played him through on goal a couple of times, and AJ's movement opened up space for them to work. Bobby's a good player but he isn't making those type of runs. A striker playing off the center back's shoulder might work the best with the three attacking midfielders we have (and Frei).

When Bobby's out there (or any target man) things seem more congested.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Crede15 on December 18, 2011, 01:57:42 AM
I'm not ready to give up on Bobby like some are, but at the same time I do wonder if a different type of striker works better with the current team. Some of that is going off today's performance but not all of it.

Dempsey, Dembele, and Ruiz are all somewhat similar players. They can get behind the back four (Ruiz today, Ruiz played Dempsey through against Spurs, etc) but they all like the ball at their feet and then they can look up, dribble, shoot, play the striker through, etc. And you saw that today, even though AJ didn't score Clint and Dembele played him through on goal a couple of times, and AJ's movement opened up space for them to work. Bobby's a good player but he isn't making those type of runs. A striker playing off the center back's shoulder might work the best with the three attacking midfielders we have (and Frei).

When Bobby's out there (or any target man) things seem more congested.

+1

Beyond the fact that Bolton are a terrible side, we looked much better because we looked to get in behind the back 4. Too often Bobby will get the ball and just give it back away from goal, rather than looking to thread balls through/look to get in behind.

Also, without Bobby we actually have to play football rather than hoofball. This means we attempt to build up play and utilise our biggest asset, our attacking midfielders. We were still trying too many long balls to Johnson, but there was a concerted effort to build up on the ground, and this is when we look at our best.

Jimbobob

Quote from: finnster01 on December 18, 2011, 01:49:41 AM
Try to get him healed by Jan 1st so we can do a Bullard and sell him to somebody who would take the risk and pay us good money. He doesn't fit into Jol's plans, does not play well in his system (and never will by the way) so you are left with just a number of choices. Get rid of one of them or let both go (my preference).

I love Bobby but maybe you are right. I just wish I knew what Jol's system was???
064.gif bang head 064.gif
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?