watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday match thread

Started by RidgeRider, December 18, 2011, 02:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Missed the United match but seems they done the business on QPR.

Skyrtl just headed one in against Villa, 0-2 Liverpool up at 15 min

AlFayedsChequebook

Could McLeish take Villa down? They have been generally awful this season

RidgeRider

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 18, 2011, 02:26:27 PM
Could McLeish take Villa down? They have been generally awful this season

probably not but they are a shadow of their former selves. Bent and Gabby out today. Not good for Villa fans.

The King

Thank you Liverpool, now we will move up to 9th when we win United.

Jack Fulham

Alex McLeish is so overrated it's unbelievable. Fair play, he won the League Cup but he also got Brum relegated twice. As f365 put on twitter "Villa are joyless & spirit-crushingly poor, but the worst thing is they'll prob do the minimum & finish mid-table, & nothing will be done".

ImperialWhite

Anyone watch the QPR match? Are United likely to have been tired out at all?

McBridefan1

right sunday football thread nice... so does Green Bay keep on rolling or... oh euro ball? my bad...

Jimpav

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 18, 2011, 04:41:54 PM
Anyone watch the QPR match? Are United likely to have been tired out at all?

United should have been 3-0 up within the first 30 mins. Always looked comfortable though. I think our defence will provide a sterner test.

HatterDon

I watched the United match [thank god for DVR, since the match started at 0600 here]. They started Valencia on one wing and Nani on the other. Then they brought on Young for the last 15. They also brought on Hernandez for the last 15, so I think we'll see plenty of AY and Pork-boy on Wednesday.

Their defense was solid, although their keeper is still not as good as he might be [having said that, they lead the league in clean sheets]. Joke about Rooney all you will, but he is in brilliant form. He's easily the best English player on the planet now [was Cashley, but he's eroding like the rest of Chelscum]. And they never even had to bring on last year's leading scorer in the Prem.

I think we should start Kelly and Briggs at FB. If we don't Riise and Baird will be exposed by their lack of pace all day. It could turn out to be a nightmare, but I still like our chances of getting a point. We're playing good football now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Watched Citeh v Arsenal, quite an entertaining game. Hart made some good saves, 1-1 probably would have been a fairer result.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Burt on December 18, 2011, 08:34:54 PM
Watched Citeh v Arsenal, quite an entertaining game. Hart made some good saves, 1-1 probably would have been a fairer result.

fantastic match!

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on December 18, 2011, 08:10:00 PM
I watched the United match [thank god for DVR, since the match started at 0600 here]. They started Valencia on one wing and Nani on the other. Then they brought on Young for the last 15. They also brought on Hernandez for the last 15, so I think we'll see plenty of AY and Pork-boy on Wednesday.

Their defense was solid, although their keeper is still not as good as he might be [having said that, they lead the league in clean sheets]. Joke about Rooney all you will, but he is in brilliant form. He's easily the best English player on the planet now [was Cashley, but he's eroding like the rest of Chelscum]. And they never even had to bring on last year's leading scorer in the Prem.

I think we should start Kelly and Briggs at FB. If we don't Riise and Baird will be exposed by their lack of pace all day. It could turn out to be a nightmare, but I still like our chances of getting a point. We're playing good football now.

Smalling was responsible for that first goal with the headed ball forward to start the scoring oppty, interesting he is playing rb.

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 18, 2011, 09:30:28 PM

Smalling was responsible for that first goal with the headed ball forward to start the scoring oppty, interesting he is playing rb.

been playing there most of the year, Jack, including a couple of England caps at RB. What you don't see about him at CB is how bloody fast he is running from goal line to goal line. When SAF stops playing with his back line, I think you'll see Smalling and Jones as United's and England's CB pairing for a long time. They certainly will be better than who we've seen in the England shirt in a long time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on December 18, 2011, 09:48:33 PM
When SAF stops playing with his back line, I think you'll see Smalling and Jones as United's and England's CB pairing for a long time. They certainly will be better than who we've seen in the England shirt in a long time.

Yes please!

In Ligue 1 news, the top of the table clash tie between PSG and Lille just ended 0-0, great news for other title contenders Lyon, Montpelier and Marseille. Good games, both sides had a few good chances. PSG's Sirigu (goalkeeper) probably MOTM for a few cracking saves.

Title race still wide open, and PSG need to beat Saint-Etienne in a tough trip to Stade Geoffrey-Guichard to go top before the Christmas brek.

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on December 18, 2011, 09:48:33 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on December 18, 2011, 09:30:28 PM

been playing there most of the year, Jack, including a couple of England caps at RB. What you don't see about him at CB is how bloody fast he is running from goal line to goal line. When SAF stops playing with his back line, I think you'll see Smalling and Jones as United's and England's CB pairing for a long time. They certainly will be better than who we've seen in the England shirt in a long time.

Agree on how fast he is...not to mention he can pass and is decent with the ball at this feet and saw at least one excellent cross. I haven't watched United but one other time this season and I must have missed his positioning as I didn't realize he had found a spot there this season, good for him. Kind of wish we still had him based on what I saw today.