watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Robert Wilson

Started by HillingdonFFC, December 20, 2011, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Fella I know told me at Krakow they met a couple of Northern lads in a pub , both were wearing Fulham shirts, they got talking to them and asked why a couple of Northerners were supporting Fulham?, they replied our old man used to play for them. As it turned out they were Robert Wilson`s boys, they said our dads here too and called him down from an upstairs bar and they had a chat. Apparently they all go to watch Fulhams games in the North.
Quite nice I thought,  got a lot of good memories from Willo as a kid. , I think he was from the Fulham or West Ken area, he was a very important member of the Macdonald side, good one touch player with an eye for goal from midfield, also could put his foot in too, just was very slow which held him back not to mention that terrible gassing incident where he and his wife nearly died. Was never quite the same after.

Mitch

I think I met those lads, nice blokes.

Supermitch

I was having a chat with Wilo on the walk back from Krakow's ground to the city centre.  Very nice guy, very down to earth.  Good mates with Ray Lew of course

SouthfieldWhite

Yeah , decent player, will also alwas remember his as the player that got kicked by Derby fans on the last day of the season in 82/83 I think it was, most will know the ref took the players off with a couple of minutes still to play but the game never did get finished

Ron Sheepskin

I've got this little voice in the back of my head telling me that when I coached a girl's team in Ealing, his neice was one of my players. I've also got a feeling that his son was (and possibly still is) a professional footballer.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

bog

I met Robert and his wife once, a very nice couple. He may have been a tad slow but he was excellent the air. A great midfield quartet that was under MacDonald.

Burt

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 20, 2011, 05:34:33 PM
Yeah , decent player, will also alwas remember his as the player that got kicked by Derby fans on the last day of the season in 82/83 I think it was, most will know the ref took the players off with a couple of minutes still to play but the game never did get finished

Don't get me started....

The only game in league history to be abandoned and never replayed.

Horrible day. The only bit of light relief came when the contents of the football special flew out of the train as we passed through Leicester.

Scrumpy

Rob Wilson was one of my first real 'heroes'. I was told at the time that he was a Fulham fan when he started playing for us, which was one of the reasons I liked him so much. So it wasn't playing for Fulham that made him a fan, he already was a fan.

...............and it looks like he's passed it onto his lads. Good man.  :Haynes The Maestro:.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Lighthouse

Whole hearted player who could always pop up with an important goal. Remember him returning after the accident and he came on as sub. He was still able to give all he had despite some shameful barracking from the opponents team fans. Good player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope