News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do You Have any sympathy for Kean at Blackburn?

Started by bulgariawhite, December 20, 2011, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulgariawhite

:56:
What a crucial night for him. HE was Chris Coleman's right hand man, and was respected by our fans in his tenure of management, but did he really bite off more than he could chew? Or the failing of the Blackburn board in his appointment 30 odd games ago.

I find it difficult to see him suffer, but in truth I have never really had much time for Blackburn as a club insomuch as past managers in charge and their touchline antics, and the current supporters actions in swaying the teams attitude on the pitch. During the game you should support your team to win, politics come afterwards.

He is ex Fulham and was involved in good times with us. In reality was he ready for Premiership management? Then was Coleman Ready? Looking at comments about future Managers at Fulham, is Murphy the right move, and would he be ready?

All can say from sentiment good Luck Mr Kean

Jack Fulham

If the rumours are true and he shafted Allardyce to get the Blackburn job then no.

bulgariawhite

I agree with you, but he has come unstuck. I am really feeling the attitude of Fulham fans and at the same time being a dvils advocate.

MOR :

Not respected on this keyboard...as has been said...shafted Big Sam and I wasn't a lover of him at Fulham...

BalDrick

Don't know or care what he did to Allardyce (who surely woud have done the same anyway), but he was useless when he was at Fulham and it's frankly been a mystery to me every day he's been in that job.

Bear Blackburn no ill will - fans of theirs I've met have been pretty decent - so AFAIC, tin tack soon as.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

bulgariawhite

At least stirred up some comments. It is  a good match to feature on TV whatever the result Fulham remain safe for a while. I agree he wasn't and still isn't one of my favourite personalities in football.
He has always come across as arrogant not really a Fulham type

TonyGilroy

No sympathy from me and I don't remember him getting much respect when he was Coleman's "technical" support.

bulgariawhite

I still have this problem of hearing 'Keano' and ' Chrissy,Chrissy give us a wave' at Loftus Road and the Cottage and really wondering why, however we are Fulham and even in bad times when we got a good result we were grateful for anything, but then came Sanchez :dft006:

jarv

Couldn't care less who manages what and where, except Fulham. Having said that, he is clearly out of his depth.

bulgariawhite

Totally agree, but I do tend to always look for Fulham pass associations good or bad, it's one of those things. Even still looking at Barry Hayles current exploits. But then I am retired and I have the time now

HammyH3

He's ex Fulham and was here at a time most of us enjoyed, so I have a great deal of sympathy for him.
If rumours are true and he did in fact shaft Allardyce then he deserves a medal not condemnation.
Watching Allardyce's teams hoof the ball up the pitch for 90 minutes at the Cottage is a spectacle I could do without seeing again. (Wet Spam next year?)

bulgariawhite

I don't agree with shafting anybody unless they really deserve it on the principle of not working in the interest of their club. I agree I never enjoyed his hoofing ball game, but shouldn't we have done that with 30 secs to go in our European exit, afterall we have the river thames. Unfortunately he will be back by the looks of it, and if it doesn't work out with MJ could he be considered a front runner?

Burt

No sympathy really.

Although to be fair to him he must be quite resilient to put up with the owners the club has, and the supporters constantly shouting for his head.

bigalffc

2-0 down now to bolton can't see him surviving now,
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

cebu

Quote from: bigalffc on December 20, 2011, 08:34:02 PM
2-0 down now to bolton can't see him surviving now,

If his team does lose tonight, as seems likely, and he escapes any consequences maybe he should change his name to Houdini?

manxman

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Jimpav

He was unlucky in a couple of games but generally he has been very poor.

No sympathy from me. He's earning good money and will get a good pay off when he is sacked before taking up a post in a division more suited to his managerial ability.

Not a fan of Blackburn but have a little sympathy. They lost a proven (albeit boring and oafish manager) based on a personality clash, their team look set to be relegated and the clubs owners are the leagues laughing stock.

LBNo11

...he was the albatross around Cookie's neck, and probably was the reason why Mr Fayed would not give Coleman the funding he eventually did for sanchez.

He was very good at synchronised scribbling of copious notes alongside Beasant though...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Bronsons

Some sympathy for anybody being abused in the way he is - but not much. Not much sympathy for any manager, to be honest. They get paid big money and if they are sacked they usually walk into another well-paid job in a few weeks. Even Sanchez scrabbled a living in the media fringes before finding his level.