watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz Is The New Juan Mata

Started by White Noise, December 21, 2011, 12:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4011474/Martin-Jol-says-Bryan-Ruiz-can-be-Fulhams-Juan-Mata.html

Bryan is Juan to watch

By ANDREW DILLON

Published: Today

BRYAN RUIZ has the potential to be Fulham's Juan Mata.

Boss Martin Jol believes the Costa Rican wideman is cut from the same cloth as Chelsea's Spanish superstar.

Ruiz, 26, who made a £10.6million switch from FC Twente in the summer, netted a stunner in Saturday's 2-0 win over Bolton.

And Jol said: "It's about players who can make a difference and you saw against Everton, Arsenal and Bolton that he can make a difference.

"His best position is probably infield in a 4-3-3 — like Mata.

"We didn't pay as much as people think for him, but it was probably three times that for an average player. If you want to have him, you have to pay a lot."

Striker Bobby Zamora is back in the Fulham squad for tonight's home clash with Manchester United.

But the striker is unlikely to force his way into the starting line up after missing Saturday's 2-0 victory over Bolton with a knee injury.

Jol said: "Bobby would have been starting the last match but he was not fit enough."

HatterDon

Is it just me, or is Jol acting like he's Ruiz's and Dembele's agent trying to up the purchase price for his clients? Has he EVER met a microphone he didn't fall in love with?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/12/21/SOCCER_Fulham_Jol.html

JOL EXPECTS BIG THINGS FROM RUIZ

Fulham manager Martin Jol has warned Barclays Premier League rivals the best is yet to come from summer signing Bryan Ruiz.

The Costa Rica international moved to Craven Cottage from FC Twente in a deal worth a reported £10.6million on transfer deadline day.

Ruiz cut a frustrated figure during his first few months in west London as he struggled to reach full fitness, although he is now beginning to show his true worth.

The 26-year-old scored an exquisite scooped effort in the 2-0 defeat of Bolton at the weekend and Jol believes there is more to come.

"Ruiz will be an important player for us," Fulham manager Jol said ahead of Wednesday night's match with Manchester United.

"If you talk about the season after next season it would be a bit late.

"Hopefully he can show his productivity in the next couple of months.

"I think he's got the same [skill] as [Mousa] Dembele, but I won't say that he's a crowd pleaser because I don't think that they care about pleasing the crowd.

"I think he will please himself if he plays well and he knows that he can play well.

"He was very disappointed that he couldn't show that in the first couple of months here but he's happy that he is here and he can show the people.

"For me its important if you look at his fitness.

"We make assessments every week and he's getting better and better and he's in the top three with his stats so that is good for him.

"Hopefully he can stay fit because that is the main thing.

"If a player is fit he can work for the team and he can make the difference."

Ruiz's recent performances will likely see him line up against Sir Alex Ferguson's side at Craven Cottage on Wednesday evening.

The attacker scored one and provided an assist for Clint Dempsey against the Trotters.

"He (Dempsey) is an automatic choice," Jol added.

"That's why it was very good to see [Kerim] Frei because you can get a younger player who can push the older player.

"But Clint is always one of the first names on the sheet.

"If he is very selfish I think he is capable of getting 20 but he wouldn't get his assists any more."

Fulham will welcome Bobby Zamora back for Wednesday night's match after he missed Saturday's match with a medial ligament injury, although Steve Sidwell, Simon Davies and Mark Schwarzer are out.

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/226545/Fulham-boss-Martin-Jol-caps-Bobby-Zamora-s-England-hopes/

FULHAM BOSS MARTIN JOL CAPS BOBBY ZAMORA'S ENGLAND HOPES

21st December 2011

By Matt Butler

MARTIN JOL has Pole-axed Bobby Zamora's Euro 2012 hopes – by telling him he is not even ­Fulham's No.1 striker.

Zamora and Jol have been at loggerheads since the Dutchman arrived at Craven ­Cottage.

The 30-year-old striker is desperate for games to force his way into Fabio Capello's squad for the European ­Championship in Poland and Ukraine.

And he has told the Fulham boss that his hopes of adding to his two England caps rest on nailing down a regular starting spot at club level.

But Jol said: "It would be silly when you've got 21 players to say, 'This is my best team'. If you work hard and have a good mentality, that's important.

"Bobby would have been starting the last match but he wasn't fit so I had to play Andy Johnson.

"But you don't know all the team ­formations. There are a lot of other players over the last year or so – ­Gudjohnsen, Gera and Kamara – and I don't think you could say, 'That was our strike force'.

"How many times did Bobby play with Andy Johnson in the last three or four years? Six or seven times.

"Even if you would like to start with a certain forward line, you have to change week by week almost."

Jol denied Zamora was ­being forced to train with the reserves and added: "There is no rift. Bobby is Bobby and he'll always have that spark.

"I'm only concerned that this sort of thing is coming up all the time."

One man in Jol's good books is Bryan Ruiz, who is at last showing he could be worth the £10.6m Fulham shelled out in the summer.

The Craven Cottage boss reckons the Costa Rica international can grow into their version of Chelsea's Juan Mata.

And he warned anyone looking to snap up the 26-year-old next summer they will have to stump up a fortune.

Jol said: "He was a star in Holland and we had to pay – not as much as people think, but we have to still pay a few instalments.

"So if you want to get him, you have to pay a lot. His best position is probably infield in a 4-3-3, like Juan Mata.

"In Holland he played in a 4-3-3 on the flank. It's one thing we have to think about in the future.

"He can play with a flank player, on the right ­himself or even as a second striker. I'd like him to do the same as he did in Belgium and Holland.

"Of course this is a different league, but it's always about players who can make a difference. You saw against Everton, Arsenal and ­Bolton that he can make the difference.

"It's about his performance, to play in our style, play in the English style, be ready for tackles and still make a difference."

JBH

Quote from: HatterDon on December 21, 2011, 03:25:37 AM
Is it just me, or is Jol acting like he's Ruiz's and Dembele's agent trying to up the purchase price for his clients? Has he EVER met a microphone he didn't fall in love with?

All Jol is doing by praising them is building up his own player's confidence  :028:

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on December 21, 2011, 03:25:37 AM

He's building a new Fulham:

The players he wants on side (he sees as part of his future Fulham side) he's praising.

The players he wants gone, well, you know.