watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Want Outcast Berbatov On Loan

Started by White Noise, December 21, 2011, 12:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4011473/Manchester-United-have-10-days-to-sort-Dimitar-Berbatovs-future.html

Berbatov is out in the cold

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

Published: Today

MANCHESTER UNITED have just 10 days to thrash out Dimitar Berbatov's future — or risk losing him to another club.

The Bulgarian's contract expires in the summer, although the champions have the option of a 12-month extension.

But that has yet to be triggered — meaning the £30.75million man will be free to talk to other clubs from January 1.

Boss Alex Ferguson has always indicated he wants his record signing to stay with United, despite using him only sparingly this season.

The ex-Tottenham hitman shared the top-flight Golden Boot with Carlos Tevez last term but has yet to open his league account in this campaign.

The 30-year-old's only goals came at Aldershot in the Carling Cup and against Benfica in the Champions League, leaving Fergie a big decision to make.

Tonight's opponents Fulham have enquired about taking Berba to Craven Cottage on loan, while Turkish outfit Galatasaray are also keen.

As things stand he will be a free agent in May but it is up to United whether that will be the case as the option is 'one way' in their favour.

Ferguson must weigh up the cost of a new deal against how much it would take to replace Berbatov, who is currently behind Wayne Rooney, Mexican Javier Hernandez and Danny Welbeck in the pecking order.

Michael Owen's deal is also due to expire in the summer and the United boss will not want to leave himself short in the striking department.

Tonight's game sees Red Devils defender Chris Smalling return to Craven Cottage. And the 22-year-old has called on United to show over Christmas what they are made of.

The champs start the festive fixtures two points behind rivals City — but the way the programme falls mean there will be chances for them to go top again.

And Smalling says they are confident of taking maximum points from the friendly-looking run of games against the Wigan, Blackburn and Newcastle.

Smalling said: "The players always look forward to this time of year with plenty of the games.

"We're used to the demands and it's a big opportunity to pick up a lot of points.

"We want to get maximum points. Christmas can be a hindrance on some and can sometimes make or break you. But this is a period where we really need to kick on and show everybody we mean business."

The England new boy admits he owes Fulham a big thank you for plucking him from non-league obscurity and putting him on the road to the top.

He added: "I see my time there as a big two years.

"My first year was about finding my feet and the second about showcasing what I can do.

"Without Roy Hodgson giving me my chance, I wouldn't be here so it's a time I look upon fondly.

"It'll be nice to go back and see a few of the players at the Cottage."

finnster01

Now that my friends would be the business, but given his wages it will be wishful thinking   
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on December 21, 2011, 12:58:11 AM
Now that my friends would be the business, but given his wages it will be wishful thinking   

As well as Jol himself said that this would never happen

cebu

Just some journo rehashing a story that was dead in the water to start with.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 21, 2011, 01:00:15 AM
Quote from: finnster01 on December 21, 2011, 12:58:11 AM

As well as Jol himself said that this would never happen

We all know this to be true but...

...it would be good wouldn't it! Maybe if we all say his name three times on the opening of the window or something.