News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Professional Coaching opportunities.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, December 21, 2011, 01:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Hello guys,

Was just wondering if anyone knew how I would go about coaching at a professional football team (at whatever age group).

Is there a jobsite type company that I upload my CV to?

I've looked at going to America with UK Elite to get some experience after Sixth Form, but I was hoping to get some basic experience to boost my CV first. I don't currently have a CV (I'm sixteen, not needed to make one yet), and if anyone could give me any help of designing my Curriculum Vitae, I would be very grateful.

I look up to the route Andres Villas-Boas took into coaching and he is an idol of mine at how he has got to such a big club in such a short space of time. He's ideas of playing football and his knowledge are remarkable. The amount of times I have read the detail he went into for the scouting report of Newcastle when he was a coach under Mourinho is fantastic. I know he got a bit of luck with Bobby Robson and you are incredibly lucky if you do get a route into professional coaching but it's something I'm really determined to do.

Again, I would be incredibly grateful for any help that I could get (emails, advice, etc).

Thank you.

richie17

Well there are an awful lot of books available on the subject.  I've about 20 that I've bought over the last few years, not because I want to be a coach, but because I want to understand the game better.  If you haven't already I'd do the same.

If you want to do a Villas-Boas I'd put together some match analysis documents or something.  But you'll be better at this after you've read some books to understand what you're seeing.

Good on you for doing what you want to, though.  Even if it doesn't come off you'll learn a lot along the way.

You might consider the Roy Hodgson approach of becoming a sports teacher.  Then you'll have a way to pay the bills before you hit the big time.

finnster01

You may want to wait until January and try Fulham as there will be a job opening there
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead