watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well the Tourney has begun...

Started by Steve_orino, March 18, 2010, 05:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

Any of you folks into the College Basketball Tourney?

I haven't seen a single game this year but "Brackets" are always fun and I love a good upset.  Being from Texas, I'll cheer for any of the  Big 12 schools.

Let the madness insue!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Tom

I am into the tournament big time. Huge San Diego State fan here. Was in Las Vegas last week for the MWC conference tournament. Go Aztecs!!!
Fulham for life!

Steve_orino

Early update: BYU is the 7 seed and they're having a good game with Florida(10).

The shocker: Robert Morris (15) is beating the 2 seed, Villanova!  Up 6 at the half.
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

mhatc

Quote from: Tom on March 18, 2010, 05:23:50 PM
I am into the tournament big time. Huge San Diego State fan here. Was in Las Vegas last week for the MWC conference tournament. Go Aztecs!!!

Maybe my school will see yours in the 2nd round. We're already there.

Steve_orino

Ohio send Georgetown home early.  Old Dominion beats Notre Dame.

Villanova's quality came through in the end as they beat Robert Morris.

Tom, after a quick look, SDSU is down to Tenn.  Good luck to them...
@Borino09

AmericanJames

been a great tourney so far, Come on michigan state tomorrow, my bracket is looking good right now, we should have gotten one going on here
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

clintclintdeuce

I love it, its the best competition in the world by far in my books. Michigan State for another final four run!
The Dude abides.

Steve_orino

Very impressed by the St Mary's team that beat Villanova.  Apparently there are 5 Aussie's on the team and their big guy, #50 Shamsan (?) was really poised and quite a leader.

Haven't seen Baylor play all year - they're looking really good.  Seems all of their big guys are 6' 10" or taller and then they have explosive guards flying all over the court...
@Borino09

clintclintdeuce

Northern Iowa giving it massive to Kansas.... would make me very very happy if they won!.... and make Michigan States road much easier to the final four.
The Dude abides.

Steve_orino

42 seconds and Kansas pulls within 1 point...agreed, would be massive!
@Borino09

Steve_orino

And number 1 Kansas is out!  Congrats to Northern Iowa!

UNI will take on the 5 Michigan State v. 4 Maryland winner.
@Borino09

finnster01

I have no clue about this really as I couldn't hit a basket even whilst borrowing Eddie Johnson's banjo and donkey, but I am beginning to like watching it.

Very good format for the competition, and a fantastic excuse for having too many beers  :54: :54:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Steve_orino

Hard to explain on a MB...but here goes:

"March Madness" - University Basketball Tournament
Out of more than 200 teams, 64 play in the tournament over appoximately a 3 week period.
Teams are 'seeded' and placed into groups.
A 1 Seed is considered the highest quality team where a 16 seed is considered a lower quality team.

To compare with something in footy - the FA Cup in 3 weeks ???

Here is a link to assist with all the teams involved and more http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball/men/
@Borino09

Steve_orino

1 Syracuse (Finn's following interest?) made 8 Gonzaga look pedestrian...

Hope 10 GA Tech take out 2 Ohio St...never been a fan of the Columbus,OH school.

Go Texas A&M!  Get by 5 Purdue and bring on 1 Duke...
@Borino09

finnster01

Quote from: Steve_orino on March 21, 2010, 06:30:32 PM
1 Syracuse (Finn's following interest?) made 8 Gonzaga look pedestrian...

Hope 10 GA Tech take out 2 Ohio St...never been a fan of the Columbus,OH school.

Go Texas A&M!  Get by 5 Purdue and bring on 1 Duke...

Mr Steve,
Geographically I should be all over Syracuse I suppose, but having gone to Catholic School and with a bit of Irish blood in the family, cheering for a team that calls them selves Orange is asking a tad too much to be honest mate. I don't really have found a team yet. Maybe I will. I like the underdog though and Cornell is in New York so I guess I will follow that Cinderella story

clintclintdeuce

Well Finn Notre Dame would be your choice I would suppose, or St Johns but they didnt make it.... you may as well follow Michigan St, were GREEN at least! They are the most underated team by the media, but have been the BEST team in College basketball over the last decade.

Also, there is over 400 NCAA D1 basketball teams, its fantastic really.
The Dude abides.

Steve_orino

I knew 200 teams was short but I thought it'd be short by about 50, not 200!  Thanks for the correction.

A 3 day break and then back to games-galore on Thursday...
@Borino09

finnster01

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on March 22, 2010, 09:58:21 PM
Well Finn Notre Dame would be your choice I would suppose, or St Johns but they didnt make it.... you may as well follow Michigan St, were GREEN at least! They are the most underated team by the media, but have been the BEST team in College basketball over the last decade.

Also, there is over 400 NCAA D1 basketball teams, its fantastic really.
That's not a bad call for a college team as my nearest Movie Theater here in Harlem is the Magic Johnson one. It is right next to the famous Apollo on 125 st

clintclintdeuce

Oh yeah that is pretty neat Finn..... Go Green Go White!!!
The Dude abides.

finnster01

Mr CCD,

They like their basketball up here all right mate, and Magic Johnson is a hero here for sure even though he never was a Knick.