News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Noise levels at CC - moving the away fans?

Started by Sector9, March 20, 2010, 10:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sector9

Our Europa league games this season seem to have brought out the best in us Fulham fans, we are louder than ever.

Could this be due to the Putney end becoming a home supporters stand, rather than a neutral/away. I know we are playing european football - and so naturally more excited - but I think it has worked well.

I don't like have the away supporters in the Johnny Haynes too much (they are where I sat when I was a kid), but if it meant a atmosphere more like Thursdays, every game, then I would definitely be all for it.

Waddaya think?

FatFreddysCat

TREASON   :dft007:. that would mean having to give them my beloved H Block as well. Put them in the Riverside and you wont hear them at all  :dft012: .

WhiteJC

SHADY1

Many of us wanted this a couple of years ago our team coming out to the roar of our fans ..but had to be realistic and say the putney end would have still been a mixed end for the bigger games when they went on general sale. As i doubt we could have sold it out. And as much as it was right at that stage of the club growing now its NOT ... my view is all the time its sold as a neautral many Fulham wont go up there because they don't want a mixed end... won't take the risk of sitting next to away fans.. so stay away ... so now sell it to Fulham only there will still be games though that won't sell out and i think the club would have to give more discounted tickets on those games but at least it helps build our fan base further. I'm all for it ...have been up there a few times it takes a while to get going but when the fans do start to sing its amazing how quick others pick up on it and join in...  
So yes come on Fulham away fans in the JH stand up by the Hammersmith where they were put a few years back to the half way line... H block gets kept all will be happy ... except the away fans but so what what club looks after us the way we look after them...
Come on Fulham give it a go.. we've proved we can fill it and its proved the fans loved it everyone agreed the atmosphere was the best ever win, win, win.

I wouldn't stick them in the Riverside either ... its not as easy to segragate as it used to be both in the stand and getting fans there...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

That'll work Shady, cant see why the away fans would get the hump, after all they'll be in the best stand in the World  :54: .

Sector9

So much heritage in that stand it would be hard to see the likes of chelscum sitting in it! Maybe if they built a turnstile right next to the river and the park, then they could have part of the riverside, may look a bit odd though.

NorfolkJim

We've not been allowed to use the riverside corner turnstiles for I dont know how long. How long anyone? If only we could exit on the Park and the River walk it would be a much safer and quicker evacuation.
I'd like to see the away fans in the Corner, Maybe P5 and Riverside Z. All their "support" could float out the corner over the river and away. Maybe use P4/3 as a neutral end for a transition period and have P1/2 home fans gradually growing to take all or most of the Putney end.