more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hodgson congratulates Manure - this really really annoys me

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, January 26, 2010, 11:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5887570,00.html

Maybe I'm just in a really bad mood after a performance that saw us create almost nothing in the final third, but I've just seen this and it's really, really got me annoyed. At first today I had mixed feelings about Smalling's departure. On one hand he has a great future ahead and it's such a shame that we lose such a talent to a top 4 side, yet on the other he is an unproven player and for £8 million ish that is a great piece of business. However, having seen this I can't help but feel that Roy is somehow rubbing it in a little that we have lost him. I, like many I presume, have almost no idea about what goes on behind the scenes at a football club or what power over players' future Roy possesses, yet every day I hear about managers warning other clubs off, such as Steve Bruce regarding Kenwyne Jones. I just wonder whether Roy could have done anything to stop Smalling. He says that it will pain him to see him in a United shirt rather than a Fulham one, and reading that has for some reason really got on my nerves. Anyone else or am I jsut suffering from a case of "pissed off about losing to the yids"itus?

Roy Hodgson has congratulated Manchester United on winning the race to sign Chris Smalling.

The Red Devils announced earlier on Tuesday that they had agreed a deal to bring in the highly-rated Fulham defender at the end of the season.

It was unclear whether Arsenal had also had an offer accepted earlier this month but as far as Hodgson is concerned the matter has now been resolved.

"The club has accepted an offer from Manchester United and as far as I know that is where he is going to be going," Hodgson told Sky Sports after Fulham's 2-0 defeat to Tottenham.

Asked if Arsenal had also agreed a fee with Fulham, Hodgson replied: "You will have to ask (chief executive) Alistair Mackintosh about that, I don't know anything about that.

"I knew from some time ago that Manchester United had made the offer and as far as I know terms have been agreed and as far as I know he is going for a medical tomorrow and will be a Manchester United player next season."

Hodgson admits he will be sad to lose Smalling to United in the summer as he believes the 20-year-old, who started against Spurs, has the potential to become a fantastic player.

"It's disappointing because we're losing a great talent who has a very exciting future and I would have loved him to play in a Fulham shirt," said Hodgson.

"But when United come calling it's not that easy to stand in a player's way.

"I've got to congratulate Alex (Ferguson). He'll (Smalling) go on to do great things for Man United and it's a pity I'll be watching him do it for them and not Fulham."

Lighthouse

What annoys me is that a few days ago Roy said that there had been no approach for Smalling. He was being very Labour in his words. What he meant was that there had been no approach from Arsenal. That was not his implication. Poor do Roy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rock

Fair play. All I saw was that Arsenal didn't enquire about Smalling to Roy specifically. So be it. If the same thing happened to Watts or Zat Knight before they were beyond 20 years of age, I might take 8mm and carry on.