watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riise the naughty school boy

Started by Admin, January 27, 2010, 03:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

The most pathetic substitution in history if you ask me! The lad was 'hauled' off not long after the own goal as if he had done something seriously wrong. IMO, he was the most attacking player we had on that pitch all night. Am I wrong???

I love Roy to bits but the guy really does himself no justice at times. He sat there all night with a face like a slapped assed watching his team play pass-the-parcel "Side to side & back again, side to side & back again".

On a whole, Spurs were sh1t! I know we've go injury problems but we SO lack a creative midfielder & a decent foward. It's not as if it's only just come to light but an issue thats been bothering a lot of us for the past two seasons.

I'm now starting to not feel sorry for Roy because the oportunity to resolve these problems has now taken it's toll. It's not as if we haven't had the money but more so that they should have been solved ages ago.

When the guy starts to realize that Murphy has had his time & is not 22 again he might start to learn something. When the guy starts to learn that 'playing from the back' with out creative players & decent forwards is the way foward he might start to win games.

P1ssed of tonight as much as most 'SCREAMING' at that T.V for the team just to throw their selves forward. It was never going to happen all the time that Roy was sitting in the dug-out.

The Rock

I wasn't expecting much from WH lane. I actually thought Duff was just as good if not better because of his creativity.

I just wonder with Dikgacoi, Smalling, Riise etc being on the pitch that the synergy wasn't there without Dempsey, Pants, and Konch.

Roy sees what he sees in training, and perhaps the team didn't gel as well. I honestly think the team on the pitch tonight is mid table value. They've gotten this far in Europe and I'm glad we have them. Spurs now are Pompey of 08 really, and a good team even on a bad day.

I do hope Simon Davies has a masive swan song though. Ear piercing. Or not.

fulhamguy

If i'm honest I didn't think Riise had a great game. I think he took too much time on the ball and his final delivery was poor. There was definite room for improvement, but he showed glimpses of talent.

Dikathingy looked promising. On the one hand he had some poor passing and touches but he looked comfortable on the ball and had some decent challenges in the middle of midfield against possibly the best defensive midfielder in the league in Palacios.

COYW!

mrska

Riise should of belted the ball out for a corner on Spurs first goal...

Lighthouse

Riise looked nervy and took time to work out what to do. His mistake for the first goal. But I do blame Roy for not playing these players more often. We have had a mounting injury list for some time and we still have the tried and off form team in wrong positions looking worried.

I would prefer to lose with a few more fringe players playing in the right position then see Hughes playing out of position (yes I know he has but he can't) Baird looking unsure and frankly the players we have come to trust being off form.

Lose but give Riise and Dika and Greening and Brown a chance.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NogoodBoyo

Strange view of the world you have there, Admin.
Riise was very, very poor last night.  And from his departing body lingo he damned well knew it!  I don't like laying the blame on one person, but I think he and Duff cost us the game last night.  Ska was right about the 1st goal; Riise should either have belted the ball clear, or at least shielded it goalside.  He was mugged by the smallest player on the pitch!  But, heh, stuff happens and I'll cut him some slack for that mistake.
However, Roy was dead right to sub him.  He was failing in his wider defensive duties, but both he and Duff were failing miserably with their attacking responsibilities.  The wide players had to get forward and take on the Spurs defence.  Neither did.  One of them had to go.  Riise was the right one.  We looked better and got further forward after the substitutions too.
So, enough with the negatives.  Lots of positives last night:
I thought the re-shaped defence was very good (barring poor Schwartzer with his one major gaffe).  Hangerland and Smalling were fantastic.  Baird and Hughes played well too.
I was very happy with Dickahoy.  Murphy was nowhere near as bad as you (Admin) made out.  
Poor old BZ was given no support by Duff, Gera and Riise, although he didn't have the best of times from the Spurs CBs.  But how different was Dawson than when Spurs came to the Cottage!
We won't talk about Schwartzer.  Again, like Murphy and Hodgkins, he's done so much for the club that he deserves a little more support than they're all getting from some.
Simply out, as I saw it, the problem lay with the two wide guys.  
But criticising Roy for that performance?  Leaves me speechless really.
Nogood "we're all clueless armchair critics, we are" Boyo